Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2015, 06:43 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Paula, than you. Just what I was looking for. I hope no major damage was done.
Paula, that should of been Thank You.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:18 AM   #22
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
There are other outdoor brands they could partner with on those models. Two other companies that come to mind who partner in the automotive world are Northface & LL Bean, both have loaned their names to Auto companies, so I would assume that a loan to Airstream could work there too if not Eddie Bauer.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:18 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
Fidalgo Island , Washington
Eddie Bauer (the company) was sold to Joseph A. Banks (the company) last year. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Oregon Ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:38 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Why partner with anyone? It must cost AS money to put someone's name on that model.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #25
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if anyone has posted this or not, but Jackson Center has addressed this issue in an "Insiders Club" email.

As Eddie has gotten older, he has become more cantakerous, and has started frequenting Airstream rallies where he will seek out the Eddie Bauer models, and just move in, claiming that it is his since it has his name on it. Being the rugged outdoorsman he is, he is quite a handful when agitated, and the police have had to be called in on numerous occasions. The Bauer family requested his name be taken off any future campers, just to avoid confusion. As a side note, don't let him catch you out in a pair of Eddie Bauer pants and a jacket... it gets ugly.

-Red, switching to LL Bean...
Old 03-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #26
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
One of our EB owners has a Jack Bauer edition, Jack can only stay for 24 hours, , ,

This time does NOT include swaying palm trees, a beach, boat drinks, folding chairs, sunset, or faint slack key guitar music wafting in on a zephyr!!
Old 03-02-2015, 05:23 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Classic
2003 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel 330 hp w/2slides
Shelby , North Carolina
We were camped at Edisto Beach SP recently, and ran into a couple who were the proud owners of a 2015 27FB Eddie Bauer. They graciously allowed my wife and me to look it over and she fell TOTALLY in love with it.

I look forward to soaking up all the EB knowledge that comes from you "seasoned veterans".
NCMEDIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:27 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Why partner with anyone? It must cost AS money to put someone's name on that model.

Kelvin

I would have thought Eddie Bauer pays a fee to Airstream (investment) and then gets a piece of each unit's profits (return). Does AS really pay for this?
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:42 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
How about a "Life Is Good" edition. I think it would have excellent design possibilities. Plus Airstream already has an agreement with them for clothing.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:46 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
How about a "Life Is Good" edition. I think it would have excellent design possibilities. Plus Airstream already has an agreement with them for clothing.

Now that's a great idea!

Hatch like the EB no doubt - but I could imagine a cool, funky, casual interior and some sweet swag (hats, shirts, tire covers, etc) all unique to the pair of brands....I like it!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:03 PM   #31
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:

Yeah, I'm liking that idea! Good stuff!

-Red, wishing he had a piece of that pie...
Old 03-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by northmeck025 View Post
We were camped at Edisto Beach SP recently, and ran into a couple who were the proud owners of a 2015 27FB Eddie Bauer. They graciously allowed my wife and me to look it over and she fell TOTALLY in love with it.

I look forward to soaking up all the EB knowledge that comes from you "seasoned veterans".

Northmeck, my husband and I have a 27FB Eddie Bauer 2014. We absolutely love it! However, we found we were not using the hatch to haul a lot of stuff very often but rather used the hatch to load "our stuff". Although we have hauled scooter and other things - and it was great for that. The problem gets to be when you stop for the night, if the weather isn't good and you are forced inside, you have "stuff" everywhere. If you unload your "stuff", the seating is not real comfortable in our opinion. It is beautiful and cleans up so well - very durable. If we were hauling stuff all the time, it would be totally worth it, but at our age, we would choose comfort!!

Laura & Tom
Old 03-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
laguna beach , California
I just got. Hobie Revolution fishing kayak, 13 1/2' , looking forward to using my EB as it was meant to be...

Ford F-350 crew cab 4X4 diesel, 25' Jack Bauer edition AS
sparkymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:32 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
There are other outdoor brands they could partner with on those models. Two other companies that come to mind who partner in the automotive world are Northface & LL Bean, both have loaned their names to Auto companies, so I would assume that a loan to Airstream could work there too if not Eddie Bauer.
I'm with KJR ... why?

Keep the hatch, lose the licensing fee ... and, we are on our second Eddie Bauer ... no other model or make even comes close to comparison. Be forewarned, however, that you really pay for the hatch and Eddie green! Many have an opinion on the Eddie Bauer editions, but few have ponied up for entry and have actual road / camp time. We were told that it is the most limited model in the line. (Help me out if you have the actual numbers)

"Stuff" it with whatever you want ... but take what you use. It has almost the same floor plan as the 25 and 27 FC but upgrade the interior cabinets to the limited edition international sliders. The space is the same as a FC or Int in the same configuration ... just without the under berth built in cabinets. If you want to store items there, buy some inexpensive plastic bins to augment what is supplied by AS. But with an Eddie Bauer, you also have the option to clear the rear area by folding up the side seating and store bulky items that would be difficult if not impossible to gain entry in a standard (not hatch / clear area) AS.

The hatch -when open- gives full screened "outdoor" experience and ultimate in ventilation...no flying or crawling critters allowed in warm weather. Our EB cools off much faster in the evening (compared to our non-hatch experiences) with the hatch open and stays comfortable when the outside temps drop to the 40s F. Opening the hatch and pulling down the screen is one of the first things done when we set up ... often before even unhitching ...especially when the interior has warmed above ambient. We have on board at least half of the time ... a two wheeled conveyance varying from 0 cc to 1200 cc. ... easy load / easy exit compared to the back of the TV. Every time we "open up" there is a crowd!

Don't get me started on the nifty ducted air for 2015 (but feel free to search for our experiences)!
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:03 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
mefly2 you are right about all of that. We have been in some beautiful places with windows open, hatch open and enjoyed wonderful breezes and the complete feeling of outdoors being indoors.

Laura & Tom
Old 03-05-2015, 06:09 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
AS pays for the right to use EB in their literature, advertising and on the units themselves. These types of contracts always have a termination date at which time new negotiation takes place and the right to use the EB or other name goes up, at least almost always. I personally am not sure why AS felt the need to "partner" with another brand such as EB as it would not sway me one way or another. If I needed or liked the type of unit I would buy whether it was called the EB edition or The Trailer - probably trying to secure more non AS users into the fold.

Nice unit, don't have one, but like the concept and would have probably gotten one when we used to ride Harley's.
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:18 AM   #37
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
When I bought my Subaru, it was a choice between the model I bought and the LL Bean branded model. I couldn't see the sense in paying $5000 more just to advertise LL Bean, so I went with mine. (The only other difference was the LL Bean had an in-dash GPS unit. Didn't need.)

Wonder if the cost of the rear hatch Airsteam would be less if not branded?

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:56 AM   #38
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
^^ I imagine so, more of the added value is in the down comforter, 6 down bed pillows, 6 down throw pillows, down throw mini blanket, and the flannel covers for the comforter and 4 pillows.
The 16" wheels and michlen tires
As a special edition there will be a premium on resale value, in say 50 years?
Old 03-08-2015, 08:18 AM   #39

boulder , Colorado
I've been knee deep in research lately for an Eddie. We are really stoked on the features given our active lifestyle. I read both a letter from the VP of Sales that was sent to the dealerships on March 5th explaining what's going on with, specifically, the Eddie and the (I think) 16' Sport edition. Airstream is expanding their plant, and in this time need to simplify production. 2016 Eddie's can be ordered through March 13th, and it's likely there will be a handful at the dealerships in May / June. The new ones will have the black leather for seats - which we do not like. We actually asked if we could get the Sunbrella fabric, which you can but there's a limited stock of it. So in short, after this production run, they'll be reducing the line, and obviously with plant expansion, they'll probably roll out new models/ new features for late 2016 / 17.
mikerkoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
Mike - Thanks for this info. Other than the change to black ultra leather, are you aware of any changes to the EB models between the 2015 and 2016 model years? Did you end up ordering one? Best, Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
jayseejay is offline   Reply With Quote