Old 10-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
colorado springs , Colorado
Mod help. Any ideas on how to stop the table Wobble in the EB?

The problem is its a free standing 2 pole into the floor. It looks like the plastic holes where the poles go into the table are the cause of the wobble. I think a better design with tightening clamps or something. if someone is sitting across, we have a sea-saw effect.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Royal , Arkansas
Great discuSsion. My wife and I checked out a 25EB this summer and found the couches/dinette seats too high. Thought about replacing with recliners, but that would necessitate changes to the table. Still thinking.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1982 27' Excella
Currently Looking...
Mazomanie , Wisconsin
A shot in the dark

I haven't seen the table but you might be able to add a PVC pipe flange (one designed to mount a PVC pipe to a flat surface) to the bottom of the table over the existing holes. They are commonly available in 1 1/4" OD and larger. If one of these fits your tubes relatively well you might be done. Otherwise drill a hole through each one and add a 1/4" (aprox) hitch pin to snug things up. Even if things are not snug you could shim the flange circumference or slip a plastic bag over the pipe and insert it into the flange on top of a workbench. Fill with fibreglass resin or epoxy and presto, perfect fit. Not too difficult. Jeff
Old 10-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #18
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
My table wobbles a bit too, I was thinking about spring tensioned curtain rods at the hatch end table corners. This may still be too flexy, because of the springs. How about those threaded adjusters on shower curtain rods to fine tune?
Some trial & error for this fix on a table top held down by just gravity.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #19

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Palmer , Alaska
This won't eliminate all your the moment in the table but it helps.... You may be aware the locking tabs on the table legs are threaded, once you have locked them into the floor connectors continue to turn them clock wise.... They will tighten down very snuggle this takes away most of the table moment.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #20
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
My table legs are the threaded style, I have seen the simple drop a leg in a cup style on an earlier 2010 25 EB.
The old style was very wobbly, I'm happy for my style, it could be better, , ,
Old 10-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
On the Road Again - MORE Learning Experiences

Well - or rather "water pump". Mine died. It runs but it doesn't pump. When the repair guy came out the first question he asked was "did you buy this used?" - which I did. He said the prior owner might have left it on and run the tank dry. It DID work for me ONE TIME, but apparently that was the last gasp. So now I have a new water pump.

Is there a rebuild kit for the new ones, or is that a waste of labor? I don't see any point in trying to fight with Sure-flo for a refund. I wonder if it would be possible to wire the pump with a timer - so that it runs for a max of 10 minutes then turns itself off. (I sure as heck want at least a light on my pump switch.)

Next - I just came back from a trip to OHIO... where I had the bad fortune to (A) have no internet, cell or wifi and (B) find out my furnace doesn't work - in 34% weather thank you very much. I decided I passionately love the goose down comforter that came with the EB. Once I got the Dyson Hot/cold out of the truck and running I didn't even need the comforter.

Note to self: Don't travel around Halloween. I got stuck with a short site that was electric only. Then I find out that NONE of my tank sensors measure accurately (gray water in shower). So, I hitch up and go to the dump station to empty the gray and refill the white tank. The problem? I stupidly left my 30 amp power cord attached at the site and in 10-15 minutes it was stolen along with my chocks, a folding stool and a doormat. I've NEVER had anything taken from a campsite before... but then I'm usually at my "home camp" or with friends.

Note to all y'all, even if you're just gone for a short time, leave nothing more valuable than a dirty diaper on site unless it's locked down. The NEW EB's have a ring on the bumper that can be used to fasten down dog leashes, etc. I'm adding one, and will padlock my 30 amp cord through it.

OH - Brainfart Idea - late at night with no power cord (and the ones that they sell at Walmart have a non compatible plug for the trailer side). So, my sister proposed that we check into a hotel and wait for Camping World in Akron to open the next day. I suddenly remember that the new Fantastic Fans have a screen that comes out with a simple pull instead of 8 screws... and we thread a heavy duty extension cord out through the roof to the power stand, then turn on the Dyson Hot/Cold. Toasty! We just put the cover down as far as it would go, and taped in some garbage bags. The next day we hit Camping World and got a new 30 amp cord.

More learning - I'm getting the Hensley hitched up with 1 or 2 tries every time. It really helped when I realized that the backup camera has options! Guide lines and 2 levels of Zoom! Unhitching... I'm having a bit of trouble getting the jack height just right for driveaway. Made some noise 2 times sort of "dumping" the trailer by having the hitch a bit too high.

On the furnace, I'm thinking that when they replaced the A/C unit at Colonial they simply didn't wire in the furnace properly. We didn't test it in 90+ temperatures. Back to the manuals to see if I can figure it out myself. Betting it's a wire or two that just need to be plugged in. I had plenty of propane, good gas pressure, crawled under to see if there was a cutoff valve that was closed - negative. Opened the side and looked for loose connectors - none. And the furnace doesn't "try" to light and fail. It just does NOTHING.

I got 2 folding ottomans that can each store 1.5 cu feet of stuff (Warning: they stank, and off-gassed for 2 weeks after I bought them) but now they hold my extra clothing and a blanket. I trimmed down my toolbags quite a lot - dumping about 100 lbs of weight.

MOre later, paula
Old 10-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Northern Illinois , Illinois
Paula:

It's sad to hear that people are stealing from campsites. Sorry to hear about your problems.

I had to replace my water pump this summer. Our classic had an AcquaJet waterpump in it as original. When I talked to Jackson Center about a replacement, they informed me that they no longer use AcquaJet and now use ShurFlow. I wanted to replace with the same pump the same as original so the fittings, etc would match. I could have purchassed the ShurFlow from Airstream for about $140. The AcquaJet which is a higher end pump (five chambers, higher pressure, etc.) was about $190 off the internet delivered. Installation was very easy. Other prices on the internet were over $200. This model can be run dry without damage according to the literature.

I believe that you can buy rebuild kits. I'm not sure how cost effective it is; others can answer.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab CTD

AIR #7317 WBCCI #1772 TAC-IL 1
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #23
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
My water pump failed too, it wouldn't shut off, it turned over real slow and would heat up. Replaced under warranty.
As for the furnace, there is a power switch inside the outer door.
MY first nite in my Alfa delivered to Boomtown Nv. temps dropping to the 30's, furnace won't fire, trying to juggle the temp vs thermostat to run the heat pump. That is when I remembered that some appliances have a power switch. (My days working the line @ Coachman)
I found a dip switch the size of my fingernail, in the dark, , ,
heat restored. I check my new EB during the final walk thru and found it, service guy had no idea it was there.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
The 2 times I have had furnace trouble in an Airstream the culprit has been the wall thermostat.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Yikes, Paula!

Sorry to hear of the theft.

We leave power cords, chairs, bikes, etc., at campsites all the time, all over the country, and have never had anything stolen. We always make sure it is clear the site is still occupied, though, sometimes setting our chairs in the center of our site.

I'd like to think someone thought you had driven off/pulled out and forgot them, but maybe just a lowlife thief thought they would get a few things for nothing.

Good luck getting it all pulled together.

Maggie
Old 10-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
colorado springs , Colorado
Paula, I see that you have a 2012 25' EB. Were you able to transer the 2 year warrenty? We paid the fee so we have a warrenty thru May of 2014. We figured as we are full-timing until we decide were to settle down, the peace of mind we get from the warrenty on our 27' EB was worth it.

+1 on the Dyson Hot / Cold fan. We have used that in replacement of the Heat Pump. The problem I find is that it gets to hot, and there is no auto cut off. So at 2am, I have to manually turn it down :-)

Sorry to hear about the theft. We havent experienced that yet. The good news is that at least they didnt break in glass, or steal generators. I wonder if parks have a lost and found from all the people that leave things behind- like power cords, chairs, etc.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperkins View Post
Paula, I see that you have a 2012 25' EB. Were you able to transer the 2 year warrenty?
Yes I transferred it - but warranty for the pump would be through ShurFlow - and that one is void with abuse - IE running dry. It wasn't that much money to make it worth fighting about.

Quote:
+1 on the Dyson Hot / Cold fan. We have used that in replacement of the Heat Pump. The problem I find is that it gets to hot, and there is no auto cut off. So at 2am, I have to manually turn it down :-)
Don't know if you have the same model hot/cold that I do, but on mine if I set the temperature at 70 the fan stops when the temp exceeds that, then restarts when the room cools off. I also set the fan to rotate so that it blows air around the whole trailer, not just down the hall to the bedroom. I lost the remote in the wreck - which I miss as I used to turn the temp down at night, then up 4 or 5 degrees when the alarm went off.

And if you're in a socially precarious situation - turn the shower fan on, and hang wet clothing in the shower - with the Dyson turned on the clothing. It isn't as efficient as a dryer but when your last shirt and jeans just got soaked in the rain? Priceless. Most other heaters put out such a blast of hot air that they can start a fire if you don't keep them 3 feet away from walls, curtains, etc.

Paula
Old 11-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
These things are quite accurate to the temp you select, and should regulate the trailer temp very well, shutting down and restarting automatically.

If not there is an easy calibration mode, should be in the owners manual or you can call Dyson customer service and they will talk you through it. We did it last year when the temp became inaccurate and it was back to its near-perfect self.

Like Paula, we adjust ours down at night for sleeping. Paula, call Dyson about your lost remote, they may help you.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote