Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Eddie Bauer - All Models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Easy fix - what took me so long!

I am not sure if your EB rear hatch privacy screen is the same as in our EB. But if you have had difficulty getting the roll up window screen pulls to easily roll up and down for privacy in a controlled manner (you know what I mean ...flap, flap ...my fingers are not rally that ham fisted, right?)... had to fight getting the small pulls negotiated around the window latches ... then here is a tip that works for us.

Simply loosen or remove the nuts which hold the clamping ends of the window latch and rotate the metal ends 180 degrees. Now, when you go to pull down the privacy shade, your finger / hand are not obstructed by the window latching cams. Instead of latching towards the midline of the EB, now they will latch towards the outsides of the AS.

Duh, I don't know why they leave AS that way or why it took me so long to modify ours!
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Cool , California
Wow, thank you. This has driven us nuts since we got our EB (only 6 mos ago). Just joined this forum and yours was the first post I read. As soon as I read it I went out to the airstream and fixed this problem immediately. I had the same reaction you did "Duh! Why didn't I think of this!" :-)
Thank you!
KristiBear is offline   Reply With Quote