Old 11-11-2014, 06:02 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Aston , Pennsylvania
Anderson Leveling on Eddie Bauer

I read in another post where people are using the Anderson Leveling system on their Airstreams.

3600 - Ultimate Trailer Gear duffel bag

There was some discussion around trimming if they had 16" wheels due to them not fitting. Was curious if anyone on the EB forum was using these and had 1st hand experience.

I'm picking up my trailer in a few days so need to get 'something' here. My thought with the Anderson product is the following: I will be getting a rear view camera which is a license plate mount attachment on the EB. When I get to a spot, I can rig up a system to place a level out in front of the camera clamped off of the rear bumper. From the dash, I'll be able to backup, watching the level from the TV and stop once level. Not sure if that's do-able or not.

BASE729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:30 AM   #2
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I use the Anderson leveling chocks. The only issue I have had is the front one has a tendency to slide backward on slick cement pad when reversing to lift the wheels. My fault for not jamming them under the wheel enough. They are very easy to precisely adjust the trailer level. As a solo traveler I use the get out and look as required technique. If you have not done so, check out the video on Andersons web site.

WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:21 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Originally Posted by BASE729 View Post
When I get to a spot, I can rig up a system to place a level out in front of the camera clamped off of the rear bumper.
If you mount the level on the trailer frame or have a trailer level mounted on the front of the trailer and can see it from the camera it will work. You will soon learn the amount of return the system has when you release the brakes and put the TV in park. AS you get used to this return you will just drive beyond the level point before stopping. This will put the trailer level as you get out to chuck the wheels.
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #4
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
There is a small bubble level on the top of your tongue jack which will indicate level as close as you will ever need it. Just take a few boards along to stack and level close as needed, you will find it a very simple process after a few times. Fewer gizmos make for a better travel experience.

There is a gizmo in this process I really like and that is two Fast-way One Step chocks. Just set them between the wheels and step down to chock the trailer, lift the cable to remove. Very easy and secure. If using boards to level, add a board under this chock as well.
Doug and Cheryl
2012 FC RB, Michelin 16, ProPride 1400
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Ecodiesel 3.92 axles

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I have the Lynx levelers. I've only had to use them twice. They will slide, too.
I like the idea of having a level on the front of the trailer where it can be seen in the rear view camera. I have some stick-on levels in a kitchen drawer in the trailer. I guess I should stick them on-
2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
Rivet Master
2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
I use the Andersen's with my three axle 34' equipped with 16" wheels/tires without issues. I like them. Yes, it's more to carry, but if you don't need to level, you can use the chock part of them as chocks, something you need to carry anyway, so it's really not that much more to carry, IMHO. Another good thing about the Andersen's is you can use them on a tandem or three axle to lift the trailer to change a bad tire, so you probably don't need to carry a jack.

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."-- Thomas Jefferson
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
About the slipping or skidding.....see the black "mat" in the kit in post #1? I made a bunch of those for legos in sand and to put under the Andersons on concrete. They stop the skidding and prevent legos from sinking in sand as well. I made mine out of the 1/8" thick rubber flooring squares from your big box store.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote