Old 09-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #29
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Was Coachmen a good trailer in the 70's? They seem sort of so-so now- like not as nice as a Jayco even-

2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #30
Home of Vortex tuning
2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
Vendor supplied steel frames, particle board floors/cabinets, 2x2 framed walls, 2x3 shaved rafters, thin paneling interiors, pink insulation, embossed aluminum skin, galvanized steel roofs, same vendors as now for '70s tech appliances. I haven't looked at anything new, my Alfa was way better quality but heavier. The AS, plywood floor, laminated plywood(sharp edges), screwed not stapled, newer tech appliances.

"Chip Tank" is in Vacaville Ca..
CDONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #31
2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Park City , Utah
Originally Posted by RVDreamer View Post
Ducted A/C standard
Airstream Logo Letter Set in Black Chrome on rear of trailer
Drawer Grabber catch upgrade from 3lbs to 5 lbs
USB charging stations added in the radio lockers and bedrooms
Memory foam pillow top mattress
Clarion Radio/Speaker package replaces sony.

At least that is according to a pdf outlining changes to 2015 Airstreams.
This sounds correct, as I just picked up my 2015 EB 25FB a few weeks ago, and all these features are there. I asked a lot of questions about the ducted A/C during the purchase, as I was concerned about the changes to the roof structure required to accomplish the change. A lot of engineering went into the design. It seems pretty quiet to me, but I don't have a reference on the previous A/C noise. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the Clarion sound system, but time will tell. I love that rear hatch!!
PrecisionBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:52 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
As to mattress, we added a 3" "My Pillow" mattress topper at home and in the AS, simply great.

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #33
Rivet Master
2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
"I'm not sure I'm a fan of the Clarion sound system, but time will tell."

Yes, the single knob is a tough sell. And the speakers are less than great. However, FYI it has been observed that even on $600,000 moho's they will stick in a garbage sound system, apparently no one knows the difference.

On my 2015 Serenity, i have replaced the speakers with Polk audio….added some insulation/packing in the space around the speaker, and the improvement is great. Also, repacked the subwoofer box, bolted it to floor on side, this allows better access to the gain and crossover, which are adjustable.

Planned for the sound: Polk Audio bookshelf speakers on the bulkheads near the main television, so as to make the sound direction more appropriate. Also, Bose computer speakers in bedroom, again to have the proper direction and improve the sound immensely over the television speakers, if this is what they can be called.

I believe the new Classic comes with better speakers already as an audio upgrade.

Happy trails and Good Luck
Ms Tommie Fantine Lauer, Greensboro, NC
AIR #31871 WBCCI #4165 K4MTL
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote