Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2011 - 2015 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
Airstreamer

2012 27' FB International
Bellevue , Washington
Your system for washing dishes in a "round" sink

We recently upgraded to a 27' International Signature from a 25' Safari. The one thing I miss terribly is my double sink for washing dishes.

If you have a round sink, I would love to hear how you go about tackling the dishes.

Thank you in advance!!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We have a single round sink.

For dishes, we use a round plastic bowl purchased at Walmart in the outdoor summer items. We have a sort of dark red, looks nice with the interior. A dishpan is critical to not quickly filling the grey tank, IMO.

We use a soap/wand or a little hot water with dish soap in it, depending on what is being washed. Rinse and place on a drain mat on the counter.

In all likelihood, one uses less water with a single sink than with a double.

Most dishwater goes down the toilet, to keep everything loose and moving freely in there. .

Maggie
Old 10-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Congrats on the new trailer. Was wondering what the big change was going to be! Curious why you made the move.

We LOVE the round sink. We usually put about an inch of water into the bottom of the sink with soap and then just rinse into the sink. You need to have a light touch with the faucet to conserve water, but we've been able to boondock for several days on one water tank - and we have a smaller tank (but no kids!) than you.

We also have a folding bucket (I think it's from a company named Seattle Sports) that almost perfectly fits inside the sink. That lets us dump the water down the toilet or in a dishwashing station at a campground.

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
Check this thread.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f516...ink-76181.html
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
Airstreamer

Bellevue , Washington
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
We have a single round sink.

For dishes, we use a round plastic bowl purchased at Walmart in the outdoor summer items. We have a sort of dark red, looks nice with the interior. A dishpan is critical to not quickly filling the grey tank, IMO.

We use a soap/wand or a little hot water with dish soap in it, depending on what is being washed. Rinse and place on a drain mat on the counter.

In all likelihood, one uses less water with a single sink than with a double.

Most dishwater goes down the toilet, to keep everything loose and moving freely in there. .

Maggie
Old 10-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
Airstreamer

Bellevue , Washington
Thank you Tom We made the move because, well, frankly we wanted more room. Amazing what an extra two feet will give.

Thank you for your advice on the sink situation. I'm sure I will eventually get used to it and one thing is for sure -- this sink is HUGE. I think it's even bigger than my double sink was, combined.

Now, off to get a bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post
Congrats on the new trailer. Was wondering what the big change was going to be! Curious why you made the move.

We LOVE the round sink. We usually put about an inch of water into the bottom of the sink with soap and then just rinse into the sink. You need to have a light touch with the faucet to conserve water, but we've been able to boondock for several days on one water tank - and we have a smaller tank (but no kids!) than you.

We also have a folding bucket (I think it's from a company named Seattle Sports) that almost perfectly fits inside the sink. That lets us dump the water down the toilet or in a dishwashing station at a campground.

Tom
Old 10-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
Airstreamer

Bellevue , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazbro View Post
That helped me too, thank you!

Tags
2012 international