Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Registry Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

The Breeze
1 Rivet Member

Airstream Registry
Airstream Name The Breeze
Year 1963
Make Airstream
Model
1963 Airstream
1963 Airstream  1963 Airstream
Overview Partially restored when purchased, with new cabinetry & paint, we have now completed the plumbing, electrical, and heating.
We are currently polishing the exterior and refurbishing all signage, windows, seams, lights.
Repainting of the steps, hitch and rear bumper will be next on the list.
Exterior
1963 Airstream  Exterior
New: Fantastic Vent, window gaskets, refrigerator vent, exhaust vents, and rock guard. Restored Airstream emblem plates.
To be completed: repainting of the steps, hitch, bumper and wheels; replacing broken lights, new WBCC number.

Interior
1963 Airstream  Interior 1963 Airstream  Interior 1963 Airstream  Interior
Original sinks, original bathtub, original stove.
New Fir cabinetry, faucets, refrigerator, linoleum, upholstery...and painted to match original colour.

Customization
1963 Airstream  Customization 1963 Airstream  Customization
Flat screen TV and other creature comforts to be added. Dickinson heater installed. Future power upgrade to Solar...

Systems and Running Gear
Restored floor and frame, where there was water damage. New axles, brakes, tires, shocks, propane tanks, and hitch.

Other Information
1963 Airstream  Other Information 1963 Airstream  Other Information
Slowly changing all lighting to LED, and adding LED puck lights in cabinetry.

Tow Vehicle
2007 Chevy Silverado
Comments: 3 / Views: 2477
Old 06-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Seattle , Washington
Greetings, "Breeze,"

We are the owners of a 1972 27' Overlander, which we also christened "the Breeze" after the eponymous character in Christopher Moore's hilarious novel "Practical Demonkeeping." How did you pick the name for your 1963 Overlander?

Hope to meet you on the road someday.

Ian & Darrin, Seattle
ianmaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:49 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1963 26' Overlander
1977 31' Sovereign
Kelowna , British Columbia
Hi Ian & Darrin!
Thank you for your message ;-)

Our 1963 Overlander is named after the J.J. Cale song "Call me the Breeze" which is a favorite song of ours, and J.J. was such an amazing songwriter/guitarist. Have you ever heard his music? A lot of his songs have been redone by Eric Clapton & Lynyrd Skynyrd.

We live in Kelowna B.C. which is situated in the sunny Okanagan Valley "Napa Valley of the North". If you ever come up this way, give us a shout.

We love Seattle, and annually head in to hit the Antique Market, Pike Place Market & Dimitrio's Jazz Club.

We will definitely have to co-ordinate our travel plans in the future!

Monica & Walter
The Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Seattle , Washington
Wow, you really go for the originals, don't you? We know the song, but until you wrote, thought it had been written by Johnny van Sant...I should know better than to make such assumptions. I am fairly certain, given the similarities of the lyrics to "the Breeze" character in the book, that the inspiration for him came from the song. I think this means we are related!

From 2001-2004 I used to run a program out of the UW School of Medicine, and send first year medical students for a month long rotation into rural practices in E. Washington and surrounding states. So, I have tromped through Okanogan (note the spelling) County as far north as Oroville, but never crossed into Canada to explore your Okanagan. This is, however, probably one of the first trips we will plan. First, some easy (by which I mean flat) driving to the ocean at Long Beach in late August for the kite festival. We have some things to do before that can happen. Then, when we are sure she's sound, take her north and east into the Cascades, and hopefully over to that mythical northern Napa Valley I've heard so much about!

We'd love to meet you and see your AS if we make it north and will be in touch should that come to pass. Please do let us know if you'll be in Seattle--15 years in this town, and we've never been to Dimitrio's, although my ex-sister-in-law has been promising to take us there since she was still my sister-in-law.

Thank you for writing, and enjoy the summertime!

Ian and Darrin
"The Breeze (2)"
1972 Airstream Overlander
ianmaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags