Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Registry Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Gloria
3 Rivet Member

Airstream Registry
Airstream Name Gloria
Year 1967
Make Airstream
Model Ambassador
Length 28
1967 Airstream Ambassador
Overview I will start by saying that this is the second airstream that was remodeled by us. Also before I get too far into explaining I will say that this is NOT a restore by any means. I like to keep most of the bones of the trailer vintage with a modern touch-up to the "meat and potatoes". We all know electronics have came a long way since 1967 so it is only fair to say they have to go! I like the humble feeling that the univolt won't spontaneously com-bust into flames when replaced by more efficient, safe, and reliable equipment. Intentions are; Complete interior remodel, Custom cabinets, all new PEX plumbing, commercial grade wiring, new LP lines, Replace all rubber, restore placards, and ensure everything is functional.
Exterior
1967 Airstream Ambassador Exterior 1967 Airstream Ambassador Exterior 1967 Airstream Ambassador Exterior
Mostly original. Some blemishes on the paneling. A few light covers need replaced and the rubber gaskets around each window needs replaced. Overall it is aesthetically pleasing being 48 years old! Obviously the clear coat must go... Dreading that day....

Interior
1967 Airstream Ambassador Interior 1967 Airstream Ambassador Interior 1967 Airstream Ambassador Interior
Completely gutted! Down to the sub-floor, its about 95% solid with some damage around the toilet. The insulation and wiring is ripped out along with the plumbing. I will go ahead and fix the exterior dents while the skin is off in the interior. Don't know yet on what material we will choose for the skin. This will be a custom floor layout, mocking the original.

Customization
Nothing so far..

Systems and Running Gear
1967 Airstream Ambassador Systems and Running Gear 1967 Airstream Ambassador Systems and Running Gear 1967 Airstream Ambassador Systems and Running Gear
Was told be previous owner that all appliances worked before he gutted it. He stashed the appliances in a barn off to the side. I had the axles inspected and was educated on what to look for by a professional. The intention is to use the old appliances with a modern touch up.

Other Information
1967 Airstream Ambassador Other Information 1967 Airstream Ambassador Other Information 1967 Airstream Ambassador Other Information
Intentions are to sell it back to the previous owner when finished (he said he didn't have the time to finish the project but loves the idea of a remodel).

You can check out the build progression by copying the link below and pasting it into your web browser.

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f174/the-67-ambassador-full-remodel-140648.html

Or go to the forum tab,
trailers,
66-69 ambassadors,
Click on "The 67 ambassador full remodel"

Enjoy!

Tow Vehicle
A gas chugging 1996 Chevy K2500 4WD Pickup that has the 8' long bed and extended cab. It is equipped with the 7.4 Liter engine with a 16 bolt rear end. It also sits on some 10 Ply 265 mud terrain tires. Installed a backup camera and "agility" trailer break.
Comments: 0 / Views: 2092

Tags