Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Registry Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

B-Liner
You'll Never Walk Alone

Airstream Registry
Airstream Name B-Liner
Year 1955
Make Airstream
Model Overlander
Length 26'
1955 Airstream Overlander
Overview Found three license plates from Ontario Canada in the trailer, 1957-58 & 60. I am in BC so it has been across Canada. But I think it started it's journey in BC in the Okanagan because of an
"Okanagan Trailer Travel Trailers" sticker from Winfield Just north of Kelowna. So possibly been across Canada a few times. There is also a Wally Byam CARAVAN plaque on the front so it has been part of a caravan trip. The guy I bought it from had many vintage vehicles, 12 acres of old cars and trucks and many building with restored vehicles too. He rented to the movie industry here in Vancouver area and said the airstream had been in a few movies and TV shows (many are filmed here in Vancouver). Now it gets a new lease on life.
Exterior
1955 Airstream Overlander Exterior 1955 Airstream Overlander Exterior 1955 Airstream Overlander Exterior
some bad vents added to side to vent refrigerator. Wally Byam Caravan plaque on front, spare wheel mount on rear fender which would have obscured license plate so license plate bracket moved to left corner. Windows screwed down.

Interior
1955 Airstream Overlander Interior 1955 Airstream Overlander Interior
Bad wiring and lighting with 110 box added.
Beds hight extended by creating single bed sized storage boxes. Toilet gone. Splashguard added behind kitchen sink.

Customization
Mostly original layout. bad wiring added and ill fitting fridge with holes cut to outside to vent fridge.

Systems and Running Gear
all electrical not working inside. running lights work

Tow Vehicle
Workin on it! Kinda working backwards, get trailer first then get towing vehicle.
Comments: 2 / Views: 14385
Old 09-24-2014, 01:48 AM   #2
You'll Never Walk Alone

1955 26' Cruiser/Overlander
Kelowna , British Columbia
Update

replaced floor and insulation in the last few years. I did all this mostly by myself. I tend to work better that way. If I make a mistake no one knows.
Removing the inner skin ceiling and end caps by myself and putting it all back was fun and interesting. Like I said I like to work alone so no one got to listen to me swearing as I manipulated 18' of roled up aluminum in and out the door. But it is all riveted back in and everything lined up perfect with no leaks. New floor is good.
lately I have been working on wiring. I ran all basic wiring through the ceiling and replaced brake wires. Will rebuild wheels at some point. But first some lights and power to fan.
Found an old fantastic fan on craigslist and decided to butcher it and install it in the original vent. Worked quite well. I just didn't want any plastic vents no matter how much they looked like the aluminum ones. So I fit a fantastic fan in and adjusted everything for motor clearances. Look good and will look better when all is cleaned and painted.
last few days I have been trying to get my new power converter working but I am now convinced it is faulty, so back it goes. Was bummed, got expectations and excitement up way to high waiting to get out to trailer and install. After being bummed over it not working I decided it is better that I just put music on and clean up every stupid thing I am constantly falling over and stepping on. Helps with finding tools and small things I am working on. So trailer is all organized and ready for me to mess up. I also completed riveting the ceiling since I had only tacked it up.
Just thought I would write something since I haven't in the last couple of years since I got the Overlander.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f1.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	222734   Click image for larger version

Name:	f2.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	222735  

Click image for larger version

Name:	f3.JPG
Views:	286
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	222736   Click image for larger version

Name:	f4.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	222737  

Old 12-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
You'll Never Walk Alone

1955 26' Cruiser/Overlander
Kelowna , British Columbia
It is a day before new year. Airstream is 60 miles away at the farm and cold like a refrigerator, waiting for all the parts I have purchased.
Will be done when it is done (I say as I reach for my cocktail).

Tags
1955, 1955 overlander