Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

1974 Sovereign Land Yacht

Airstream Registry
Airstream Name 1974 Sovereign Land Yacht
Year 1974
Make Airstream
Model Sovereign Land Yacht
Length 31'
1974 Airstream Sovereign Land Yacht
Overview I have wanted an Airstream for as long as I remember. My son and I would talk about buying one, fixing it up and taking it on the road to find boys who have Barth syndrome around the US. We would do road trips, gather memories and work together. Michael had Barth syndrome. He died in 2009 at the age of 23 before our dream became a reality. I bought this Airstream in Sept. of 2011. It will be my mobile office just as my son and I had planned. I intend to carry out our Silver Twinkie dream. I bought the trailer for $500.00 and know it needs a great deal of work but it will be a labor of love.
Exterior
1974 Airstream Sovereign Land Yacht Exterior 1974 Airstream Sovereign Land Yacht Exterior 1974 Airstream Sovereign Land Yacht Exterior
Modifications yet to come. Just after I purchased the Airstream I learned my roof needed to be replaced. So, the Trick My Twinkie project has taken a back seat for awhile.

Interior
1974 Airstream Sovereign Land Yacht Interior 1974 Airstream Sovereign Land Yacht Interior 1974 Airstream Sovereign Land Yacht Interior

Other Information
1974 Airstream Sovereign Land Yacht Other Information
Advice, direction, encouragement welcome. I know I have a great deal to do with this thing but it isn't just about restoring an Airstream. It is more personal than that (see my history). I have also added a link to a video about the Silver Twinkie. The editorial comments were provided by my son's friends when they come to see me for a recent visit. It is funny. https://youtu.be/ZlGhCUTir3g
Comments: 0 / Views: 9092

Tags
sovereign