Old 01-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #15
Rivet Dude

1972 21' Globetrotter
1987 34' Excella
yep, still on the road , On The Road
Thanks all for the good ideas.

Really helps me get started in the right direction.

Will send progress as it happens.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #16

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
beaverton , Oregon
This is our first year in the Palm Springs area and we have done a lot of looking before finding a safe, comfortable and beautiful park in Desert Hot Springs to call home. We are happily settled in at Sands RV and Golf Resort. Prices are extremly reasonable, 1 acre fenced dog park, free Tango net internet. Pool and spa, pool table, pingpong and horseshoes for the non golfer. The neighborhood may be a little "dicey" but the park is gated and secured. It is about a 7mile to Palm Springs and all the wonders this area has to offer. People are all friendly and welcoming. Come on~we'll leave a light on for ya. We have electric recumbent bikes and two dogs who both think they rule the trailer.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
So did you ever find a place to stay in PS?

In about 2 weeks I will be staying at the Happy Traveler for a week. Since it is off-season (hot) I will get their low weekly rate of about $41 per day.

I checked it out a few weeks ago. It is not fancy, but very clean and has a nice pool ( which I will be parked next to).

Will give a report when I return.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
I am here now! It is verrry hot! Has been over 110 in some spots. I got a space near the pool and facilities. The place is older but very clean. Staff are friendly and helpful and that pool is great for cooling off. I was wrong about the weekly rate. Its the same all year long. Only the monthly rate goes up in prime (cooler) season. But reservations go fast for the cooler weather.

Great central location, right in the shadow of the hills. I will definitely be returning here.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #19
Rivet Dude

1972 21' Globetrotter
1987 34' Excella
yep, still on the road , On The Road
Oh my gosh, not in Kansas anymore

Sorry for the delay in updating. So much has happened, and I have been so busy floating in the pools, walking the dog, the cafe life, mid-century show, auto auctions, bicycling, shuffleboard, bead craft, and drinks/meals with friends.

First, check out my photos by airjeff, some good interior shots of my completed home.

Yes, full timing since thanksgiving. Sold the house, stored way to much stuff, spent 27 days driving down the coast, got to Palm Springs just before the x-mas holiday.
And been chilling since.

Going full time was just something I thought would be fun. Yep. Lil dog with fur thinks this is just great, and we are having a great time.

Staying at PS oasis resort in Cathedral City. Have a spot on the back wall with a shade tree. Neighbors accross the wall have citrus, which they leave for me on top of the wall.
Dog walks all around, and no town in America must lets dogs into everywhere as they do here. Lots of bicycling on actual trails. Rode renegade at tour de Palm Springs.

Been down to Salton, Phoenix, slab city for long weekends. Lots of jazz here, and great hiking.

So, been looking for a larger AS. Just mine is so cute, and totally rebuilt, and so little real inventory out there that has not been trashed. Will take my time and shall see.

Currently, thinking of moving on the ides of March, heading to San Diego area, and visiting mama ocean for a bit.. Work my way up the coast to BC. Heavy schedule includes my nephews graduation in June in Portland. Oh, that is about it. Not so heavy a schedule.

Any doublts about full timing? NOT.......

So drop a note when the moods strikes, and I am going to check messages and post on a regular basis.

Take care,

airjeff
Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
Great pics Jeff! I stayed in PS for week in Jan at the Happy Traveler. Not fancy but close to most of the activities.

It will be hard for you to give up your AS for another with all those nice touchs inside, Nice job.