Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2016, 09:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Indianapolis , Indiana
Telluride Co

anyone spent time in Telluride Co i have been their a coupe of times never with my airstream i here its gay friendly the weather is nice their in the summer

Thanks Dennis
Dstep5312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

It is a wonderful town! I love it to pieces! They have a campground but it may be tents only, I am not sure. The culture of the town is very open and gay friendly.

"Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare".
🌎
Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:27 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
On , the road
There is a town campground that has a small handful of sites that will fit a 25' trailer. First come first serve. The town also has weird dips in the road and tight streets. Beautiful though.

https://www.campendium.com/telluride...ark-campground
Old 02-23-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Dallas , Texas
It is wonderful there. They are friendly to everyone. Some campgrounds south that can handle your trailer and only 10 to 15 miles out of town. Might want a campground because it can get really noisy in town. Spent the summer there several years ago.

I hope this day to have the opportunity to help someone in need.
Kittyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:15 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2013 19' Flying Cloud
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
We took a trip there this fall. It is a great place to stay. The area is gorgeous!
Here is a link to the adventure that we had:
http://www.glamping-adventures.com/?p=11523

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Check out our Glamping-Adventures blog. We post about camping in Colorado, and the surrounding states.
Two Chicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:45 AM   #6
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
It's my town and can say nothing but good things!
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:01 AM   #7
Lula Jean The Airstream

2017 28' Pendleton
Telluride , Colorado
Telluride's Town Park for Camping

Telluride does have a beautiful little campground at the end of town with about 35 spots. "Telluride Town Park". There are only a handful that will fit an RV, and manuevering around the campground can be challenging. We have a 28' ft Airstream that we can just get through there. However, there are a few larger spots closer to the entrance that can accommodate a bigger rig. Call Telluride Parks and Rec to get information at (970) 728-2173. The park is strictly first come first serve with a max of 7 days and is around $35/night.

Check the festival schedule before you try to go, because the town turns over the entire campground to Bluegrass in June and Blues and Brews in September every year and you cannot get in unless you have purchased a camping and vehicle pass from the festival.

No hooks up, but there are showers.

Once you do get in, you are going to enjoy this beautiful little laid back town. You can walk out of the secluded campground to hike, bike, dine, visit shops, and enjoy all of it without ever getting in your car. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous.

And the town is friendly to anyone who visits, it doesn't matter if you are gay, straight or blue or a dog. You will feel welcome here.

- From Brenda Colwell - 20 year Telluride Resident.
LulaFrances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I love Telluride, but not as the home base. Unless you don't want to leave it's too remote for my taste. I always stayed south of Montrose, and then did day trips to Telluride, Ouray, Silverton, Ridgway, Owl Creek pass (where they filmed "True Grit"), Black Canyon etc.
I never thought of Telluride as being gay friendly, but I guess that's why it is great, nobody notices.
There is a sign on the way in (or was) that says something like "Welcome to Telluride, a constitutionally friendly town." I took it to mean you could smoke pot anywhere. Maybe I was wrong.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 03:10 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Colts Neck , New Jersey
We actually had the good fortune of getting a site their last July. It’s tricky to get a reservation as they usually sell out for the entire season in a day or two of opening the reservation window. We only booked five nights which was a mistake because there is so much to explore there! We tried to extend our stay but there was no way to do it at that point. There are no hook ups so be fully prepared for boondocking. We have a 28 foot airstream and we fit in our spot fine. Telluride is a very special town...not glitzy like Aspen, not full of it like Park City. I adore Tride!
megster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 03:21 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
We camped in Ouray and spent some time in Telluride last month. Beautiful place! We enjoyed hiking, fly fishing, and a trip to a ghost town (Animas Forks).

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 05:51 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepherdstown , West Virginia
Maine Airstream Rally

Anybody going to the International Rally in Maine?

Suppose to stay at a new campground on the way up in Washington, NH. Its their second season open so hope for the best!!

On the trip south might stop in Ogonquet if I can find a campground. Also going out to Ptown for 4 days.
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:29 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Celina , Texas
A great RV campground to stay in near Telluride is Priest Gulch. Just a short run up Hwy 145 past Rico, over Lizard Head, and down to Telluride. The park is on the Dolores River, most of the spaces face the River.
Journeying America via the "Blue Highways"
-Be Curious, Not Judgemental…Walt Whitman-
Genebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 09:54 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Marthasville , Missouri
We love Telluride and the San Juan mountains in general and actually just spend few days around there, we have typically stayed at Priest Gulch as mentioned before (just past Rico) and we very often stay at Ridgway State Park, a great campground along the Ridgway reservoir. Ridgway also has a few very low key restaurants and breweries worth a visit. Pizza and brews at Colorado Boy are great without the Telluride pricing
Dutch Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 07:52 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Celina , Texas
Run up to Montrose and stop at the Horsefly BrewPub for great brew and grub.
Journeying America via the "Blue Highways"
-Be Curious, Not Judgemental…Walt Whitman-
Genebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote