Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #99
2008 19' Safari SE
Vancouver 2010 , BC - The Best Place On Earth

I can't believe this thread is still going on! Do we really need to debate something as trivial as a rainbow sticker? I say "trivial" because in this day and age, it really should be a non-issue. I have no stickers on my Airstream for no particular reason. I might put something meaningful on it one day, just like I might get a tattoo. I doubt I will ask a widely used public forum for opinions though, cause I think all these different ways of thinking my prevent myself from just doing what is right for me. I think people will judge me for my character first and foremost, and if they judge me negatively....up to me to see if I am humble enough to accept this and perhaps change my character flaw, or up to me to not accept their negative judgement and decide that they are the ones that are flawed in there assessment (and maybe arrogant as well.)

I tell my employee's there are four things they should avoid discussing with clients...race, religion, politics, and sexual orientation. I can accept differing views from folks on all these topics, but sadly this is not true for all humans.

Sorry for the long winded rant. I think in North America, or at least on this forum, we are past this and this thread should die a quick a death.

Sent from my apple... with my small lap dog beside me... who happens to be watching a musical.... with my wife.

Camping anyone?

Old 06-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #100
4 Rivet Member
1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we

Originally Posted by silverleeper View Post
I like AIR stickers...

The direction this thread is going is worrisome.

Never judge a book by the cover.

This is a forum about Airstreams and the people that are passionate about them.

1) I don't get the "worrisome" part.

2) Never judge a book by it's cover. Very Good!

3) Exactly!! Airforums is all about Airstreams and the people who own
them or want to. It's the premier place to find out what you need / want to know, learn how to do it, where to go, how to get there, find support for anything, and more

I'm sure many members will remember the continuing saga of a seriously injured member and his recovery. The trials and challanges he and his wife had to overcome in the many months of the threads life. They posted and the forums rallied 'round to support them. We do a great job of providing support for what ever the need here in Airforums. I know I have learned a lot and most of it has nothing to do with the afore mentioned mechanical stuff.

Happy trails to all and many thanks to Airforums and it's members for all the good things you do.

sue and ike
'75 Tradewind - 25'
"Cupcake" air-912
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
Old 06-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #101
2 Rivet Member
1986 Argosy
Dallas , Tech-Sus
Originally Posted by Moses
I can't believe this thread is still going on! Do we really need to debate something as trivial as a rainbow sticker? I say "trivial" because in this day and age, it really should be a non-issue.
For the religious types among us, this thread demonstrates the origional translation of John 3:16...
"For God so loved the world that he didn't send a committee!"

It is a shame that in today's "enlightened"culture expressing an opinion in ink provokes vandalism from those who disagree.

Life is too short. Do it NOW!!!
The Don Pod

Airstream FM

Easy Listening For the Internet Generation
Old 06-22-2011, 05:10 AM   #102
3 Rivet Member
Columbia , South Carolina
Putting a rainbow sticker on a vehicle is about like posting a rainbow thread on a forum. If you're looking for a reaction, you got 8 pages of it already.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:50 AM   #103

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
This thread has run it's course and is now closed.

Get involved and sign up for a Rally!
WBCCI 4973
Closed Thread