Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Friends of Dorothy
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
West Hollywood , California
Hello!

Hi All... Andy and Jason here in West Hollywood, CA. Jason is the one with the glasses, and that's me, Andy, on the right. We've had our Bambi just since last June. I'm dying to get out on some trips, but work keeps getting in the way! We'll be hitting the road later this summer. Maybe we'll meet some of you all out on the road!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0322.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	123925  
R2DTube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Hello from San Diego

I am thrilled that this sub-forum has been established along with an introduction thread. In particular, I like the positive energy, inclusiveness, and diversity of its participants. Sharing of photos and information encourages networking.

Bill and I have been together for 40 years. Our 3rd California wedding anniversary will be on July 2. Bill is a retired RN from the VA Hospital. He writes a blog on History Safari Express. His handle on the AS Forum is SilverGate.

I am a retired pediatric occupational therapist, who treated patients with diagnoses, which include, but not limited to, cerebral palsy, head trauma, amputation, muscular dystrophy, and spinal defects.
We are interested in early California history and enjoy dressing in period clothing. I enjoy gardening, cooking, and sewing.

We got our AS so that the dogs (presently 2 Pembroke welsh corgis, Mac and Tasha), could camp with us.

With the beach, mountains, and desert within a .75 to 2.5 hour dive away from our San Diego home, we are content with our limited traveling radius, and enjoy camping during the workweek when the campground is quiet and sparsely occupied. Unfortunately, this schedule does not allow us the opportunity to meet people who only camp on the weekends.

See you on the road,
Larry, Bill, and their corgi owners, Mac & Tasha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mac & Tasha '10.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	504.5 KB
ID:	124242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Larry & Bill @ Casa de Estudillo '08.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	615.7 KB
ID:	124243  

Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Great to see you Larry! Is Tasha a new addition, or is my memory slipping?
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Pau Hoa passed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120 View Post
Great to see you Larry! Is Tasha a new addition, or is my memory slipping?
Hi Cameron,

It is good to hear from you as well. Yes, Tasha is new to us. She is 3. We dog sat for her in Jan. while she recovered from a c-section complicated with an infection, losing her first litter, while Liisa, the breeder, had to be out of town for a Florida dog show. Lissa was hoping we would adopt Tasha knowing that our household was a perfect match as Pao Hoa, who was 15, battled with leg cancer. Pau Hoa was put down, while in my arms, by my good friend and vet with his wife, his veterinary assistant, present last March. The blooming freesias on a sunny Spring day always remind me of my beloved pug.

We are all doing fine. Mac and Tasha have a great time playing together and love camping. Our camping has been the perfect escape from the craziness that is happening in the world.

The garden is lush and air scented with the blooming plants. .

Have any plans on getting your AS on the road?

Sending a hug to you and your pups. Catch you later,

Larry

Old 03-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #25
Cloud10

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fox Island , Washington
Greetings from Oregon!

Greetings,

This is a great thread and wanted to introduce ourselves.

We are in the Portland area - having moved up from Pasadena CA in 2008. We're working on 23 years this year. We've really enjoyed exploring the Pacific Northwest but have only scratched the surface. I'm a native of CA and Cyle is orginally from the East coast.

We're active particpants in the Oregon WBCCI unit - which is an awesome, diverse and fun-loving group of folks - we feel very fortunate to be involved with them. We also participated in a few Air Forums rallies in CA and met great people there as well.

I'm a software product manager and Cyle is an interior designer and the biggest challenge is that work does not allow us as much time to get out and use our Airstream as we would like. We're looking forward to spending more time in it as the years move on.

I got aluminitus when camping with my Aunt & Uncle in their Airstream growing up - since then I've been hooked.

Last year we traded in our 16ft Bambi for a 25ft Flying Cloud and feel that we now have the perfect Airstream for us.

Apologies for the size of the photo (I'm on the left and Cyle is on the right):

Jack and Avery:

Camping along the Columbia Gorge:
smccollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Hi Guys,

The last time I visited OR and WA was in 1989, a wonderful experience. The trees and topography is so different from arid Southern California.

Bill grew up in a forested area in NJ. He has yet to see what is north of San Francisco and the redwoods. My fantasy is to tour the northwest in our AS.

Thanks for introducing yourselves and informing us of your chapter's perspective of inclusivity.

See you ion the road,
Larry

Old 03-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
...He has yet to see what is north of San Francisco and the redwoods. My fantasy is to tour the northwest in our AS.
I'm biased, but there are endless places to explore on the coast north of San Francisco to Oregon, good food and wine and wonderful people and places.

I also loved your association with Freesias- I grew up in the East Bay where we had zillions of them, and their fragrance is so evocative.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #28

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHall View Post
Great thread and now Subforum!

I am Louis and my partner Sergio and I have been together for nearly 8 years. I am originally from the midwest and absolutely love the desert. Sergio is an Arizona Native. Our trailer is a 1962 Ambassador that we have owned for the past 4 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. We are members of the 4CU and have found a nice and welcoming bunch of folks that we enjoy camping with. We travel with our two maltese/poodle mix dogs Riley and Audrey.
That's one big margarita!! Nice picture of Mexico.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Larry, you have to get Bill to venture North of San Francisco! The scenery alone will make him wish he had seen it sooner and often! I did the trip along the West Coast Highway by bicycle in 1997 and look forward to doing it again (and again and again) with my Airstream.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:49 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
That's one big margarita!! Nice picture of Mexico.
We very much enjoy our trips twice per year to Mexico.... The margaritas are cold and the beach is usually nice and warm. We are looking forward to our upcoming trip in May... looks like our little troop has grown to 4 rigs for this upcoming trip.

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:52 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2020 30’ Globetrotter
2001 30' Excella
Phoenix , Arizona
Greetings smccollister! You guys definitely live in a beautiful place. My business partners are located in Hillsboro and I get up that way at least once a year. I have always wanted to make the trek with trailer in tow and explore the Oregon Coast. I hear that it is spectacular.

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:59 AM   #32

Olathe , Kansas
My best friend and her husband live in Portland and love it! They have a Vegan store there (Herbavore Clothing) and I get up there @ 2x a year for work. Id love to go camping in the NW.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #33
Cloud10

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fox Island , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHall View Post
Greetings smccollister! You guys definitely live in a beautiful place. My business partners are located in Hillsboro and I get up that way at least once a year. I have always wanted to make the trek with trailer in tow and explore the Oregon Coast. I hear that it is spectacular.
We really love the easy accessibility to the coast, mountains and lakes. When work and time permits, we would like to take the Airstream down to Arizona for some "Vitamin D" replenishment during our winters...

Let us know if you make it up this way and we'll do the same.

-Scott & Cyle
smccollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We have a couple of AS friends who live in the Seattle area and have toyed with the idea of doing a Pacific Coast Highway trip from San Diego to Seattle then com home via an inland route...it's a long trip and would take some planning, but something we really want to do with the Airstream. The Oregon coast looks so inviting...I swear it looks like there's a state park every 2 feet on the coast.

Scott & Cyle...do come on down to Arizona for some of that good vitamin D...we'll grab Louis & Sergio and some of the rest of the gang and have a fun campout! In fact, a bunch of us are going to "Pride in the Pines", Flagstaff, AZ's Pride event in June...that should be a memorable gathering...if anybody wants to join us let us know!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Sacramento , California
Pines Pride Rally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
In fact, a bunch of us are going to "Pride in the Pines", Flagstaff, AZ's Pride event in June...that should be a memorable gathering...if anybody wants to join us let us know!
We've never been to any Airstream rally but we've managed to stumble in to a pride or two every summer...When is "Pride in the Pines"? Tom is off after memorial day and I'm mostly unemployed the first of june...if nothing else I think we're in for meeting you guys there and getting acquainted.

Mike
Old 03-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #36

Olathe , Kansas
I'd love to go but we've got a packed summer already! Maybe plan for next year, we need to meet our AZ friends.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
In fact, a bunch of us are going to "Pride in the Pines", Flagstaff, AZ's Pride event in June...that should be a memorable gathering...if anybody wants to join us let us know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynmike View Post
We've never been to any Airstream rally but we've managed to stumble in to a pride or two every summer...When is "Pride in the Pines"? Tom is off after memorial day and I'm mostly unemployed the first of june...if nothing else I think we're in for meeting you guys there and getting acquainted.

Mike
Great! I'll drop a PM with some info! TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 AM   #38
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
we need to meet our AZ friends.
yes you do!
dsrtgrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 AM   #39

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtgrls

yes you do!
I know! I've been trying to talk Zell into moving back to Scottsdale (I travel for work every week so I can live anywhere) but he loves his job here so it's not in the cards yet.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtgrls View Post
yes you do!
Indeed! We are a fun lot!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI