Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #181

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Welcome Ljsydney! A drink always tastes better in an Airstream!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #182
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Hello

My partner Chris and I (and our two Italian Greyhounds) just made our down payment on our first Airstream - a 2012 International Signature 25FB. We pick it up in March and can't wait to start camping. We'll have to see if we can make it to the FOD Rally. We're looking forward to meeting some of our fellow Airstreamers and soaking up some knowledge from the community (this is our first RV - we rented a Class B once on a vacation to Yosemite & Sequoias, but otherwise all the rest of our camping has been in a tent).

We live in Southern Maryland and consider San Diego "home" (it'll be at least another year and a half before the Navy could move us back). We'd love to meet up for camping opportunities. We're more into camping in secluded, natural areas (boondocking here we come!) than RV resorts.

- Matt
matthorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #183
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Welcome Matt & Chris! Be sure to post pics of your pups, there are tons of pet lovers here (dogs and Airstreams seam to go hand in hand).
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #184
3 Rivet Member

Pups

Here they are - Mario and Giuseppe (littermates - Mario is the larger one).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC6234.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	179192  
Old 02-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #185
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Bridgeville , Pennsylvania
New here

I am also new here. We are an irish couple who now live in Pittsburgh and have lived in NY for 25 years. Just moved this summer to this area and love it. We have two tween boys and a dog.
We did have a regular camper when the boys were babies, then moved up to a fifth wheel, then a vacation home (selling that) and now are looking to buy nothing but an airstream. Looking to spend the next few years camping with the boys and then of course it will just be us two.
Before kids we did lots of tent camping ; nova scotia, maine, vermont, maryland etc. Our goal would be to drive to Alaska with the camper, but thats down the road.

Would love to hook up with other airstreamers in the area.
Thanks
dorothy
rorykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #186
Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotpuppy View Post
Howdy from Texas!

I picked up an Argosy last fall and I'm in the beginning phases of the project. Another FOD member suggested that I drop by and say hello. It's really wonderful to see others who enjoy the outdoors and are friends of dorothy.

First pic is the camper and tow vehicle on the day I picked up the Argosy (Halloween 2012).

Second pic is me sitting in the doorway of the camper. I don't think I was working on the camper that day. I was actually welding something else and the camper was a convenient place to sit in the shop (garage).

Tow vehicle is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7. I think it's a 2008... that detail is fuzzy right this second.

Current objective is to get the trailer road-worthy. Axles are out and new ones are on order.
Welcome! Great looking set up. Yeah we know about the jeep. :-) what year argosy? 71? What size? 24'? I like to try guessing. I love my argosy. When it's waxed up it looks great. The cabinetry is nice also for those years. You need to drop by say hello. I know the Lynn and Becky will throw a great rally.
Dan and Scott.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #187
Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljsydney View Post
Hi All,

I've done one introduction in the new members thread but not in the FOD thread so here goes...

Recent member of Air Forums but I've been reading the threads for quite some time.

Currently Airstream-less American guy living overseas in Australia with plans to return to the US later this year, get an AS and go full time!

Looking forward to getting to a FOD rally eventually and meeting some of you along the way.

Cheers,

John

Uhh...not very tech savvy...how do I load a photo into my message? Just switched to Mac as well...this may take awhile ;-)
John,
Welcome!! You don't need an Airstream to join us. Most campgrounds have cabins or urts. See no excuse. :-) full time always sounded fun to me. I think I would be the type to go off for months at a time, then return home to recharge. Anyway welcome!
Dan and Scott
Old 02-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #188
Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthorr View Post
My partner Chris and I (and our two Italian Greyhounds) just made our down payment on our first Airstream - a 2012 International Signature 25FB. We pick it up in March and can't wait to start camping. We'll have to see if we can make it to the FOD Rally. We're looking forward to meeting some of our fellow Airstreamers and soaking up some knowledge from the community (this is our first RV - we rented a Class B once on a vacation to Yosemite & Sequoias, but otherwise all the rest of our camping has been in a tent).

We live in Southern Maryland and consider San Diego "home" (it'll be at least another year and a half before the Navy could move us back). We'd love to meet up for camping opportunities. We're more into camping in secluded, natural areas (boondocking here we come!) than RV resorts.

- Matt
Welcome! Wow! That will be a nice Airstream. Great size too. Yea another FOD in this side of the country. We live in Athens GA. A bit away still but closer than most. We will be driving up 81 to NY this weekend going through Maryland. We will honk our horn. There. Are some real nice state parks around here that have very secluded. Check out or rally under the heading "hunting island hiatus 2013- South Carolina. May be something to think about. It's not FOD, but can tell you y'all will not be alone. It's a very fun crowd.
Take care.
Dan and Scott.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #189
2 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Boston , Massachusetts
I'm David from the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston, MA. My partner, also Dave, and I have been together for 13 years. It's us and our Brittany spaniel, Hudson. In the picture, I'm on the left, Dave on the right.

I grew up in the south, taking two- to three-week road trips every summer. I love taking to the open road for vacations and have dreamed of getting a travel trailer for many years. Dave, on the other hand, didn't take nearly the amount of road trips as we did, but has loved the ones we've taken and likes the idea of hitting the road and exploring.

Mostly we're looking for an AS to get away on the weekends and maybe a week or two for vacations. We've both traveled outside of the country, and quite a bit within, but are looking forward to seeing even more.

We are on the cusp of purchasing a 2014 Flying Cloud 20. After much niggling on my part, I finally convinced him to look at Airstreams with me. He loved the FC 20 as much as I did.

We'll have TONS of questions, many of which I've found answers to from here. It's great to read about others' experiences and learn as much as we can before we start traveling.

We're also going to need a tow vehicle. Our little Subaru Outback sport just isn't up to the task. We live in a dense urban area and have one garage spot, so we're looking to stay a single vehicle family. So I think we'll be looking at mid-size SUVs that can be a tow vehicle as well as our get-around town car. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!!

I look forward to talking with all of you, and hopefully we'll be seeing you down the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0903.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	194648  
Dot Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #190
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Welcome to the forums.

I would look at the Jeep GC and the new Dodge Durango for a TV.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #191
2 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Boston , Massachusetts
Thanks, Dan.

The Jeep GC is at the top of our list. We'll have to look at the Durango too.

David
Old 08-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #192

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot Dave View Post
I'm David from the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston, MA. My partner, also Dave, and I have been together for 13 years. It's us and our Brittany spaniel, Hudson. In the picture, I'm on the left, Dave on the right.

~~
Another pair of Davids in an Airstream. What are the odds?

Are you going to have the trailer in time for any travel before cold weather sets in in MA? Or will you be rabidly planning Spring trips all winter?

I think the major functional differences between the GC and the Durango will be a 3rd row of seats in the Durango, and the availability of a V6 turbodiesel in the GC.

Welcome to AIRForums!

David (and David)

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #193
2 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Boston , Massachusetts
Thanks David (and David)!!

We'll have to meet up someday and confuse everyone. Everyone here just calls us "The Daves."

We're planning for the spring. In addition to the AS, we still have to find a tow vehicle. Plus, our dealer had two FC 20s on the lot, one of which he was certain a second couple (that came in to look when we did) were going to buy one of them. If the other sells before we get back to him -- by next weekend -- then we'll order from the factory. An eight to 12 week wait, according to our dealer. While I'm champing at the bit to start right away, we're going to take our time to select the right vehicle and start planning for trips away. On the plus side, our dealer has offered to store it (in the open, unfortunately) for free until we have a tow vehicle and has even offered to deliver it to the campground of our choice over the fall if we want to use it one or two weekends. We might get it out, but might just hold off until we can pull ourselves.

We've been looking at GCs and the 2014 seems perfect.

On the multiple Davids note: When we bought our condo, our lawyer and our realtor were also named David.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #194

Olathe , Kansas
Welcome the Daves! I'm sure you will find everything you two will need or never knew you needed here on AIR! Please let me know if you need any help.

Brad and Zell
Old 09-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #195
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Welcome to the forums! I know several double-Daves. It seems it was a popular name with our parent's generation!
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #196
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Welcome! Wow, I'm feeling left out! Maybe Rob and I should change our names to David too!
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #197
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Caravanner
1964 26' Overlander
1954 29' Liner
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Keep forgetting to post here. Michael here and partner Sean...though he doesn't participate on the forum...but sure loves to go camping We're in DC and nearby in Prince George's County. We have three trailers at the moment LOL...yes I have the disease and yes he thinks I'm nuts. One is a 57 Caravanner...which we've traveled from St. Anthony Newfoundland to the Everglades in over the past two years. The second one is a 1964 Overlander, which I'm currently restoring with Frank Yensan of Franks Trailerworks in Baltimore..there is a thread here under the 1964 Overlander section...and the final one is not exactly road worthy but should be in the not too distant future...its a 1953 (yes the year is correct) Liner.

We hope to connect with other FODs hopefully not too far away and those far away as well!

Cheers!!!
57BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #198
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57BB View Post
Keep forgetting to post here. Michael here and partner Sean...though he doesn't participate on the forum...but sure loves to go camping We're in DC and nearby in Prince George's County. We have three trailers at the moment LOL...yes I have the disease and yes he thinks I'm nuts. One is a 57 Caravanner...which we've traveled from St. Anthony Newfoundland to the Everglades in over the past two years. The second one is a 1964 Overlander, which I'm currently restoring with Frank Yensan of Franks Trailerworks in Baltimore..there is a thread here under the 1964 Overlander section...and the final one is not exactly road worthy but should be in the not too distant future...its a 1953 (yes the year is correct) Liner.

We hope to connect with other FODs hopefully not too far away and those far away as well!

Cheers!!!
Welcome! We are just 2 counties south of you in St Mary's. Chris and I also have the vintage bug but so far it hasn't bitten us... we're busy enough tweaking our 2012 but someday we would like a vintage trailer. We camp all the time (Chris said it "felt weird" not to be camping this weekend) and have some friends with a new retro-teardrop Little Guy Trailer (that actually gets more attention in the campground than an Airstream!) who we regularly camp with. We also have a great time with the Central Maryland Unit of WBCCI - they are a great group and very welcoming. PM me - it would be fun to camp sometime (Sep 20th at Pt Lookout State Park is next on our schedule).
Old 01-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #199

Worthington , Ohio
Hi me and my wife just bought an Airstream 28 foot International. We are looking to make some friends to meet up. We are so looking forward to go camping. We will be at the Alumapelooza in may and we are also from Columbus Ohio. Thanks

Flo and Diane
flobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #200

Olathe , Kansas
Welcome! A 28' is a nice big rig! Congrats.