Old 06-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #113
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
What a beauty!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtle lynn View Post
We are on our way home with the new to us one. Love it!! Pulls so good. Don't even know it's behind us. Here are some pics. Oh stopped in Jackson center too. It was only10 min off highway, had to see it. Lol. After all that Scott had to stop at some antique shops. Haha. Great stuff here in OH. Sorry if I look tired in the pic, I had been driving for 10 hrs. We are on our way back to GA in morning. We just stopped over in KY to rest up.
Congratulations on your new addition.

Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #114
Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5
I don't think it's big enough! How will you manage in such a small trailer? Lol. Your going to have enough Airstreams to start a dealership. Congrats guys! Now which one are you bringing to Eureka?
I think it is big enough for now. Haha. It has so much room in it lol. I am not sure what we will bring to Eureka yet, probably the Moho. I started to rip out carpet and curtains today. Oh boy I have a lot to do. Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1414672854.png
Views:	119
Size:	869.7 KB
ID:	132498   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1946941070.png
Views:	110
Size:	820.1 KB
ID:	132499  

Old 06-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #115
Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang

Congratulations on your new addition.
Thank you! Can't wait to get it out of the 80's. Haha.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #116
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Atlantic Highlands , New Jersey
Ok, if it does indeed get easier, it will have to be on the next trip, and I think it can't get harder. On this last trip I wound up making so many mistakes it just wasn't funny anymore. I broke one of the snap-up clamps on the way out (200 miles or so) by forgetting to connect the chain on one side to the hitch. The chain and hook survived, but the clamp got bent to the point that it was useless. Discovered this at 11:00pm after 7 hours of travel. The next thing I did was just dopey. It was late and dark and I'd been up since 5:15am that day. I connected the fresh water hose to the sewer flush-out. 15 minutes later, my husband is complaining that there's no water, and it doesn't dawn on me what I've done. 10 minutes after that, the toilet starts to overflow, while the 8 month old twins are crawling around on the floor. Luckily, there was almost nothing in the black water tank. Took me a few seconds to realize my mistake and fix it and another hour to clean up the mess. Sore thumbs from wringing out towels. Finally got to bed about 2:00am. Long day. Thankfully the rest of the trip was thoroughly enjoyable.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #117
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Sorry you had some surprises and goof-ups on your last trip... But don't worry — we all have made mistakes in different forms, and some with worse and more lasting results than yours. With so many sources of distraction (kids, the hour, long day of driving, etc) maybe a check-list would be in good order so that you can be sure everything is done and done correctly before you step on the gas or turn on the water. When you are getting ready to tow or setting up/breaking down camp maybe stick to a routine and do things in a specific order that works for you so that after a while ir becomes wrote and you don't forget to do anything. It's also a good thing to not carry on a conversation with anyone while you are doing these chores. That just get you more distracted. And when you think you are don, do a walk-around to double-check that everything is taken care of ... The good thing is that you won't make these particular mistakes again! The next trip will be smoother, you can count on it.
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #118
2006 Safari SE/LS/SS

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Phoenix , Arizona
I love the Quicksilvers!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #119
2006 Safari SE/LS/SS

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdiddly View Post
@TBRich & @DKB_SATX: Thanks for the warm welcome and the encouraging words. To hear that someone thinks it's possible is encouraging. Storing the trailer somewhere other than at home has occurred to me, though it doesn't seem as romantic somehow. Then there's the schlepping of all the stuff to the trailer in order to head out, but that's certainly doable. I'm going to make sure that I have a place all lined up, just in case. We've got family coming in tonight from Vienna for a week, so looking at tow vehicles will have to wait until next weekend. I think the short list has Ford Expedition, Chevy Suburban, and Nissan Armada on it. Fun, fun, fun.
Hey guys! If you have not yet picked your tow vehicle, I can speak VERY highly of our Infinit QX56, which is the cousin of the Armada. After owing 3 Suburbans this vehicle has been the most trouble free, and the dealer network really takes care of you. The power plant (5.6 liter V8) does a great job even in the mountains. We just came back from Colorado and never dropped below 60.

So check out the Armada and the QX, they just went to a new body of the QX so if there are 2011s left they might be a steal.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #120
2006 Safari SE/LS/SS

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Phoenix , Arizona
Introducing: Drew and Greg!

So, since this is an intro thread... I am Greg. My husband (legally married in MA) and I have been together 15 years. He is the one in the pic. I always have the camera.

We have 3 dogs all rescues: Sydney (Australian Shepherd), Bella (not sure, but she is darned cute) and Coco (Shar-Pei/Red Heeler mix)

Our Airstream is a 2006 Safari SE/LE/SS which we pull with our Infiniti QX56. We live in Phoenix, AZ where we camp with a great group of local RV friends. SO GLAD to see this whole group!

Old 06-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #121
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Atlantic Highlands , New Jersey
That's sort of amazing. We did pick the Infiniti QX56 as our tow vehicle. Looks pretty much just like yours. Got 1750 miles on it in 2 months, which is a lot for us. We love it.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #122
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Welcome, Greg & Drew! Glad you've joined us! Hope to see you down the road...
Unit #3954
Old 07-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #123
2 Rivet Member

New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Wow, cool new sub-forum!

I'm Mickie and my honey of 21 years is Mary. We got Civil Union'd here in IL in June; just in time for us to find out Mary's job will be ending in November, thankfully we can now move her over to my benefits at work. We are lifelong campers and really wanted to upgrade to an AS but with the pending loss of income that will have to wait. I dropped off the board once we realized an Airstream wasn't in our immediate future... but I do like it here and can still enjoy reading until we get to take the plunge.

Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #124
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
2011 30' International
mooresburg , Tennessee
hi, we are Jim and Gerry , just bought a 2011 30' int. serenity. looking forward to using it. Love to go to the state parks and enjoy the outdoors.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #125
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Welcome, Mickie & Mary and Jim & Gerry...glad to have you aboard...this is a great Forum and there are lots of Family here, too, which makes it even better... See you down the road!
Unit #3954
Old 07-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #126
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Welcome to the group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen View Post
Wow, cool new sub-forum!

I'm Mickie and my honey of 21 years is Mary. We got Civil Union'd here in IL in June; just in time for us to find out Mary's job will be ending in November, thankfully we can now move her over to my benefits at work. We are lifelong campers and really wanted to upgrade to an AS but with the pending loss of income that will have to wait. I dropped off the board once we realized an Airstream wasn't in our immediate future... but I do like it here and can still enjoy reading until we get to take the plunge.
Hi Mickie & Mary,

Congratulations on tying the knot. It has been a long time coming. Gay and Straight people are always amazed to hear about the longevity of our relationships, as more FOD proudly announce their years of being together.

Regarding the AS, take your time and research taking your basic needs into consideration so that you can take advantage of a good buy with confidence. There is so many helpful, friendly, knowledgeable people on the Forum to answer your questions and refer you to pertinent threads. We spent a year of comprehensive research before we decided on our AS.

With cost being the deterrent, I initially wanted to get an economical pop-up. Thank goodness my husband, Bill, insisted that we and the dogs should consider all options.

With so many factors (size, trailer storage, insurance, community covenants and restrictions, the corgis' and my heat sensitivity, my passion for cooking, etc.), our perfect match was an AS. It was worth the purchase and we love land yachting with it, a retirement dream come true.

See you on the road,
Larry, Bill, and their corgi owners, Mac & Tasha

Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote