Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 05:21 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepherdstown , West Virginia
New Florida Gay Campground

Thought I would share that a fairly new gay campground has opened in South Florida. Vitambi Springs is located 20 miles south of Clewston off Hwy 27. They have café, bar, pool, lots of different size cabins and about 12 RV spots, all 30amp, with full hookups. 50 more sites are in the plans.

Met with the owner who was super nice and he explained that their main visitors are urbanites who are looking for a weekend get away. Almost every weekend is a theme of some type and of course, clothing optional.

Its very isolated but can be a nice place for a weekend visit if traveling to or from the Keys and or South Florida.

Vitambi.com
Old 10-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1970 23' Safari
Marion , New York
Thanks for the information. Based on the website, it looks like a nice place to spend some time to relax and have fun.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:24 PM   #3
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
I'm an ally. Happy that there are great places out there where everyone can find a place to feel welcome and included. Keep posting...people need to know!

Some (hopefully useful) Airstream videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/journeymanvideos
Old 10-22-2016, 05:20 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Don't see the connection between gay and nudist? I have gay friends that aren't anymore nudist than me, am I missing something here? Hope all goes well there anyway!
Old 10-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
Don't see the connection between gay and nudist? I have gay friends that aren't anymore nudist than me, am I missing something here? Hope all goes well there anyway!
And yet there are plenty of private clubs/camps/resorts that cater to naturists of all orientations. If it's okay for heterosexual people, why not for gay people? If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine but why sweat what others do?
Old 10-22-2016, 02:27 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Don't overreact to my question, I still don't see the connection between nudity and being gay. I'm okay with the cg, I just had a question.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:41 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
Quote:
Don't overreact to my question, I still don't see the connection between nudity and being gay. I'm okay with the cg, I just had a question.
Plus one. I think the "of course clothing is always optional" threw me off. It kinda makes it sound like well it's a gay establishment so of course you don't have to wear clothes.
If the title of the thread was New nudist gay campground it would make more sense.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:29 PM   #8
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny16 View Post
Plus one. I think the "of course clothing is always optional" threw me off. It kinda makes it sound like well it's a gay establishment so of course you don't have to wear clothes.
If the title of the thread was New nudist gay campground it would make more sense.

Agree..the linkage plays a bit to stereotypes but how you judge that linkage depends a lot of personal perspective.

If the original post was about a "great campground for guys" and say "of course, it has big TVs and a nice sports bar" it may have been a similar sort of stereotypical linkage ...but a less conspicuous one.

I'm a big believer is welcoming all comers...and part of that, I think, is being particularly welcoming of folks who may have been invited to the party a little late. :-)

Old 10-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #9
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
I am only just noticing that this whole thread is posted under friends of dorothy....i wonder how many other folks missed that when they pulled it up (it came up in my unread list...)

Old 10-22-2016, 03:40 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
There is no connection, other than we were all born without clothes. Some gay people are naturists, just as some heteros are naturists. There are campgrounds that cater to this.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:46 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
I didn't know that there was such a thread?
Old 10-22-2016, 04:07 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2008 34' Classic S/O
Arnprior , Ontario
I wonder more about what tow vehicle, tires and hitches they use! Clothes optional of course!
Gotta love this forum. Never a shortage of opinions.
Pete
S/OS#88
Old 10-22-2016, 04:57 PM   #13
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
I have a question, and please it is meant with no offence.

Since the LGBT (hope I haven't got the letters mixed up) community is welcome in any campground, National Park or Provincial Park that I use......would the campground allow me, a married hetrosexual to stay at their campground? I haven't got a problem using a LGBT campground as I don't discriminate between sexual preference.

Cheers
Tony

On a side note....Avionstream has friends? Need picture proof.

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Old 10-22-2016, 05:02 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120 View Post
There is no connection, other than we were all born without clothes. Some gay people are naturists, just as some heteros are naturists. There are campgrounds that cater to this.
My point exactly.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:04 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel View Post
I am only just noticing that this whole thread is posted under friends of dorothy....i wonder how many other folks missed that when they pulled it up (it came up in my unread list...)
The friends of Dorothy are and have been a welcome sub forum on the forums for a long time.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:40 PM   #16
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
After several post deletions this thread has been closed. Folks, there is NO place at AIR forums for rancor or bigotry. Please read the board rules: http://www.airforums.com/forums/misc...ork&page=rules

If you do not appreciate this section of the forum please simply do not post here. Thanks for understanding

AirForums Custom Search
Closed Thread