Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Friends of Dorothy
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #41
3 Rivet Member

hey jim and rod and louis and sergio. both the deadhorse rally and new years rally are labors of fun loving and accepting people. we are happy to get to enjoy these arizona opportunities to be family.
dsrtgrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #42
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Nellysford , Virginia
We are here, there, and everywhere! I'm a newbie to this forum and looking for the right AS and absorbing info like a sponge. Truly enjoying the comraderie form everyone. My partner and I want to do the cross-country thing and want to go in style!
smbrewster54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrewster54 View Post
We are here, there, and everywhere! I'm a newbie to this forum and looking for the right AS and absorbing info like a sponge. Truly enjoying the comraderie form everyone. My partner and I want to do the cross-country thing and want to go in style!
Welcome to the Forum! It's great having you here!

Air 10899 since 1/06
WBCCI 2484
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtgrls View Post
hey jim and rod and louis and sergio. both the deadhorse rally and new years rally are labors of fun loving and accepting people. we are happy to get to enjoy these arizona opportunities to be family.
Hopefully we'll see you at Dead Horse this year!

Air 10899 since 1/06
WBCCI 2484
Old 10-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #45
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Nellysford , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandrod View Post
Welcome to the Forum! It's great having you here!
Thanks, Jim and Rod. Did you buy new...used...refurbish yourselves? How often do you travel with it? We newbies are a question-a-minute.

Sue
Old 10-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Quote:
Thanks, Jim and Rod. Did you buy new...used...refurbish yourselves? How often do you travel with it? We newbies are a question-a-minute.

Sue
Hi Sue - We bought new. We have a 2008 28' Safari SE. There are several members of our WBCCI unit that have vintage and have done some great work restoring them.

If you have the desire, time, ability and ambition then vintage could be the way to go. We've seen some pretty amazing restorations. One of the best is "Birdie" a 1956 Safari. It was totally restored by an Airforum member (InsideOut) and her husband. They're both professional designers and they did an AMAZING job with the 'Bird'.

As for traveling, we didn't get a chance to go out much this year (for lots of reasons) but we hope to spend a lot more time on the road next year.

Jim

Air 10899 since 1/06
WBCCI 2484
Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #47
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Nellysford , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandrod View Post
Hi Sue - We bought new. We have a 2008 28' Safari SE. There are several members of our WBCCI unit that have vintage and have done some great work restoring them.

If you have the desire, time, ability and ambition then vintage could be the way to go. We've seen some pretty amazing restorations. One of the best is "Birdie" a 1956 Safari. It was totally restored by an Airforum member (InsideOut) and her husband. They're both professional designers and they did an AMAZING job with the 'Bird'.

As for traveling, we didn't get a chance to go out much this year (for lots of reasons) but we hope to spend a lot more time on the road next year.

Jim
Thanks, Jim. I have been looking at some restoration pictures and am impressed with what folks have done. No time to tackle, however. May look at gently used as well as new.

Sue
Old 10-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Sue... Welcome & Howdy! This is the very best place for all things Airstream...lots of knowledgeable folks who are willing to share their AS experience and help whenever possible. We are so glad to see our brothers & sisters here as well... We've enjoyed both the Forums and the 4CU of WBCCI...and have made great friends in the Airstream community...

Happy trails!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:56 AM   #49
2 Rivet Member

1990 25' Excella
Foley , Alabama
Send a message via Yahoo to voxmaestro Send a message via Skype™ to voxmaestro
The first trip out was great and the AS towed like a dream. Partner and I went up to my daughter's in the foothills of the Appalachians in north AL. My son even drove up as well! Was going to go to a state park but they were full, so we hooked up to the 30 amp in driveway (previous owner of the house had an RV... lucky us!). In spite of her having a nice house, we always found ourselves in the AS at mealtime (when we didn't go out), it seems. Its okay, though... you always make room for friends and family.

Do pics have to be uploaded to a website to be included in these messages?
voxmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #50
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Open a reply window, then, Click on the little ICON above the message window that looks like a postage stamp with a mountain. You can add an image to your message directly from your computer.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #51
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Nellysford , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
Sue... Welcome & Howdy! This is the very best place for all things Airstream...lots of knowledgeable folks who are willing to share their AS experience and help whenever possible. We are so glad to see our brothers & sisters here as well... We've enjoyed both the Forums and the 4CU of WBCCI...and have made great friends in the Airstream community...

Happy trails!
Thanks, Guys! I checked out your decorating site...awesome! Very classy. I like the idea of changing the decor to fit the traveling mood. I'll bet it makes each trip more enjoyable.

Sue
Old 10-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Thanks, Guys! I checked out your decorating site...awesome! Very classy. I like the idea of changing the decor to fit the traveling mood. I'll bet it makes each trip more enjoyable.

Sue
Thanks, Sue... Glad you like our interiors...first we decide where we're going, then we decide what décor to use. Nuts, huh? But it's fun, and yes, it help make each trip more memorable...
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 10-08-2010, 06:15 AM   #53
2 Rivet Member

1990 25' Excella
Foley , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverhobby View Post
Open a reply window, then, Click on the little ICON above the message window that looks like a postage stamp with a mountain. You can add an image to your message directly from your computer.
Kevin,

It doesn't give me the option to upload from my computer when I do that... it says to type in the URL... as if they have to be uploaded to a pic site first, THEN merged into the message here.
voxmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:04 AM   #54
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Welcome to the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmaestro View Post
Kevin,

It doesn't give me the option to upload from my computer when I do that... it says to type in the URL... as if they have to be uploaded to a pic site first, THEN merged into the message here.

Hi voxmaestro, There is a help section at Airforums. Take a look here. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...tml#post612569. Hope this helps.

So, Lets see some pics.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:05 AM   #55

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
I use the paper clip on the top. I can't use it on my iPhone but can from my home computer. It can't be a quick reply it has to be advanced I think.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:58 AM   #56
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Chicago , Illinois
Hi people! Mark and I got our 2006 22' CCD last June and have been all over the country! I wish I was better at posting all the thousands of pictures I've taken... a lot are on facebook. OK, I promise to try to do better!
We joined WBCCI in November, have been on a handful of rallies, and just got home from the Swiss Festival National Rally. We have mede great friends in the WBCCI, some gaystreamers iincluded, and cherish the fun times we're having. Thanks everyone for all the informative suggestions! See you down the road!
briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #57

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by briboy View Post
Hi people! Mark and I got our 2006 22' CCD last June and have been all over the country! I wish I was better at posting all the thousands of pictures I've taken... a lot are on facebook. OK, I promise to try to do better!
We joined WBCCI in November, have been on a handful of rallies, and just got home from the Swiss Festival National Rally. We have mede great friends in the WBCCI, some gaystreamers iincluded, and cherish the fun times we're having. Thanks everyone for all the informative suggestions! See you down the road!
If you've already posted pictures to fb or to some more open photo-sharing site like picasaweb, you can just put a URL here that points to them and don't have to go through the effort of reposting them.
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmaestro View Post
Kevin,

Voxmeastro... Click on the "Post Reply" button to the lower left of the (not "Quick Reply")...then scroll down to where it says "Additional Options"..and click on "Manage Attachment" (or click on the paper clip icon above the reply box)... You'll get a dialogue box where you can browse your computer for pictures (or indicate a URL)...select the pictures, the click "Upload"...you can upload 4 pictures, then 4 more, then 2 more in one session for a total of 10 pictures to a single post... When you're finished, close the "Manage Attachment" window and when you submit your reply the pictures will be included.

Hope this helps!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 10-09-2010, 04:35 AM   #59
2 Rivet Member

2016 16' Sport
Tucson , Arizona
FOD here..

TBRich, when do you get back?? I need your assistance still, I'm still in fabric pattern hell here. Also Oasis told me if I want new window treatments to give you a holler becuase your the best in town.
MarioM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:04 AM   #60
2 Rivet Member

1990 25' Excella
Foley , Alabama
pics of maiden voyage

Since I was told how, now I can post some pics of our maiden voyage, as promised. So here's some of Bernie and Dan (me), and my son and daughter joining us for just about every meal we ate in the 1990 Excella 25...

A good time was had by all, with no AS 'mishaps'... didn't break anything, and almost everything worked! Have since found out a couple of things... bathroom vent fan motor (since then replaced), and furnace is not coming on (although I do have one of those propane radiant heaters that works well).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream Maiden Voyage 040.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	112739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream Maiden Voyage 032.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	476.5 KB
ID:	112740  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream Maiden Voyage 051.jpg