Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5

It's funny, I posted this almost a year ago and didn't see a lot of interest and then BAM! This thread took off! It's been a fun thread and it would be fun to have a rally but everyone is so spread out. Colorado has been put out there but so has Branson, MO from people further south. Maybe a poll to see where we have the most intrest or have a couple of dueling rallies!
Yeah CO would be a bit far. Only reason I can't leave my business more than 5-6 days. We would want to take our time going out there. I would love to drive out there sometime but a place a bit closer would be great. When I was 13 our family drove to Wyoming stopped in CO to see my cousin. We had a 77 Midas motorhome. Lol it was great fun.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #184

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtle lynn

Yeah CO would be a bit far. Only reason I can't leave my business more than 5-6 days. We would want to take our time going out there. I would love to drive out there sometime but a place a bit closer would be great. When I was 13 our family drove to Wyoming stopped in CO to see my cousin. We had a 77 Midas motorhome. Lol it was great fun.
What about the Branson option? Or Eureka Springs AR? A bit closer. Let's hear what you all think?

blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #185

Olathe , Kansas
What about Branson or maybe even Eureka Springs AR? Why don't we take a poll?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:11 AM   #186

Olathe , Kansas
Sorry for the double post!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #187
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Chicago , Illinois
Colorado and Arkansas are two states we haven't hit yet.. but then, so is Alaska lol. I know Mark wants to go to Colorado... We'd love to meet you all! Our only focus as of yet is making it to the shuttle launches, and Mark wants to get to Marshall AFB in Alabama, so Arkansas would work!
Old 01-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #188
A 7th year newby

1968 24' Tradewind
Indianapolis , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to IndyAnne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen
Wow!! Thanks for the detailed reply!!! You definitely sound passionate about the place, which is really nice. Most of the recommendations I have for NOLA are from college kids who work for me... they involve super cheap accommodations and access to rivers of low priced booze.
Oh, yes, Everclear is the base for all the mixed drinks at Pat O'Brian's. It will sneak up on you, especially if your friends keep asking you to help them finish up 'just the last couple of drops' before the next round in the Piano Bar. Before I saw Modern Family gym scene, I only knew the 'moon landing' was a pretty cocktail at Pat O's :-)
1968 Airstream Trade Wind
2005 Chevy K1500 crew, reg. bed, 4WD, gas
IndyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #189

1998 34' Excella 1000
1995 36' Classic 36
Spencerville , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by briboy View Post
Colorado and Arkansas are two states we haven't hit yet.. but then, so is Alaska lol. I know Mark wants to go to Colorado... We'd love to meet you all! Our only focus as of yet is making it to the shuttle launches, and Mark wants to get to Marshall AFB in Alabama, so Arkansas would work!
Briboy:

We're hoping to head down to catch one of the LAST SHUTTLE launches on either Feb 24 or April 1.... what are you thinking? Here's the info page to check the latest changes:

NASA - NASA's Shuttle and Rocket Launch Schedule

Also, Florida is having their STATE RALLY in February so that could be interesting!

So, what does everyone think?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #190
Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENovaters

Briboy:

We're hoping to head down to catch one of the LAST SHUTTLE launches on either Feb 24 or April 1.... what are you thinking? Here's the info page to check the latest changes:

NASA - NASA's Shuttle and Rocket Launch Schedule

Also, Florida is having their STATE RALLY in February so that could be interesting!

So, what does everyone think?
We would love to try the FL one. Scott already told me he can get the time off for that. I think it's been about 30 years since I have been to a launch. Don't remember much except sitting in the back of the pickup with my brother and sister all the way from NY while my dad pulled the 65 caravel . Omg! We didn't have seat belts back there. Lol. made it there and back just fine.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #191
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Chicago , Illinois
Here's our story:
We watched a shuttle launch in '09 from Jetty Park. It was fun. I was browsing the boards in Oct last year looking for people that went to the Sugarcreek rally when I stumbled upon a post by FUNKILL about STS-133 camp-n-view. We spent two weeks at KARS waiting for the shuttle to launch. While there, we met some folks from one of the FL units who told us all about the FL state rally. Well, the shuttle never went off, but we have a placard that I think might still let us in to KARS (it's not open to the public). If I can get enough interest, I bet I can get Laura (funklill) to host an informal rally there so all of us could go. This would be for the Feb 24th launch. If that came about, and we also wanted to go to the Fl state rally in Sarasota, maybe we could caravan from Sarasota to KARS?! Just a thought... I don't even know if Mark wants to go to the FL state rally! Plus, I have an aunt in St Pete... All I know is that we're planning on trying to catch the feb. launch. and we bought season's passes to the Visitor Center at KSC :-D
Old 01-13-2011, 06:49 AM   #192
2 Rivet Member

1990 25' Excella
Foley , Alabama
Send a message via Yahoo to voxmaestro Send a message via Skype™ to voxmaestro
I kind of envy you guys towing w/that town car. I have an old 64 Cadillac I'd like to some day get set up for towing... let us know if you're in the area passing through!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #193
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Classic
Livingston , Terry
hmmmm, Sarasota in February

Hey all, this sounds good (especially since it's 20* here on the Gulf of Mexico this morning). One can only think it'll be warm and sunny. After all it's Florida right? If, after I look at the calendar for Feb, I can 'get away', I'd love to meet up with a group in South Fla for a few days. Also, I'm in favor of a Spring FOD Rally in Branson, way kewl !! I live on Rainbow dr (for real, can you believe it).

Just got a new tv and can't wait to give it a proper 'road trip'

Terry
Old 01-14-2011, 07:41 AM   #194
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Chicago , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmaestro View Post
I kind of envy you guys towing w/that town car. I have an old 64 Cadillac I'd like to some day get set up for towing... let us know if you're in the area passing through!
I'd love to see the ole Caddy towing! A member of our local unit tows with an old LTD, but it's ass is to the ground... scary. We couldn't do it without the ProPride and the Lincoln having air suspension. It makes for a sweet ride, great mileage: we average 13-15, plus I have my limo when we unhitch!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #195
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Chicago , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dover View Post
Hey all, this sounds good (especially since it's 20* here on the Gulf of Mexico this morning). One can only think it'll be warm and sunny. After all it's Florida right? If, after I look at the calendar for Feb, I can 'get away', I'd love to meet up with a group in South Fla for a few days. Also, I'm in favor of a Spring FOD Rally in Branson, way kewl !! I live on Rainbow dr (for real, can you believe it).

Just got a new tv and can't wait to give it a proper 'road trip'

Terry
Twenty degrees on the Gulf! That's just wrong! They say Florida is the only state without any snow on the ground. I can believe it.

I too would like a Branson rally. That would be fun!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #196
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Classic
Livingston , Terry
'Branson in the Spring'

It has a nice ring to it doesn't it? There are at least a couple of us on the FOD thread that think it does. Or maybe early in the Summer when the weather is a little more predictable, well we can talk about it.