Old 01-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #99
2 Rivet Member

Box Elder , South Dakota
Just called Catherine's Landing to give them deposit info. We're planning on spending the night before and after our Hot Springs trip at Devil's Den State Park. The Park is just a few minutes south of Fayetteville and will make for an easy trip to Hot Springs. Looking forward to seeing everyone and making new friends.

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely' - Ogden Nash
Rugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #100

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
We cant wait to meet you! I'm going to pick up the Bambi in OKC on Feb 3rd! I cant wait to get her back. See you in June!

Old 01-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #101

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Interesting... 2 people now have mentioned "deposit." I called Catherine's Landing last week to confirm our reservation (and to add Thursday night... we're presently planning on arriving Thursday.) I asked specifically if we needed to pay a deposit and he said it wasn't necessary since we're part of the rally... he did ask who are "wagonmaster" is (I assumed that's you, Brad.)

They have our contact info and I'll check again with them closer to June to make sure it's all still set up. See y'all in June!

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #102
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
Just called Catherine's Landing to give them deposit info. We're planning on spending the night before and after our Hot Springs trip at Devil's Den State Park. The Park is just a few minutes south of Fayetteville and will make for an easy trip to Hot Springs. Looking forward to seeing everyone and making new friends.

Just a note. Devils Den is a great place and very scenic. We've stayed there so many times, we are are on hiatus from it. That said, it stays VERY busy, just make sure you have reservations. It is also more like 45 minutes or 1 hour from Fayetteville, along some curvy and hilly roads. Travel time to Hot Springs from there will be 5 hours or so. PM me if you have questions.

See you in June!
jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #103

Olathe , Kansas
We added one more! 17 plus the Yurt! Whoo Hoo!

101- Drew05
102- Uoshane
103- Golfstream
104- TBRich
105- Briboy
106- Mellie
107- lcurrie
108- DKB_SATX
109- gtc6452
110- Blmitch5
111- Myrtle Lynn
112- PC Lounge
113- Fun Chick/Jdalrymple
114- LawChick
115- Rugger
116- J&C
117- Rofkrynn
118-
119-
120-
121-
066-
067-
068-

YURTS

R2DTUBE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL-PropertyMap2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	355.6 KB
ID:	149440  
Old 01-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #104
2 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
East Durham , New York
Hey,

I was so ready to come to Arkansas from NY, but then I saw this today. Really sick. I realize not everyone is like this but this is so beyond sad.

Arkansas Democrat's cat killed, painted with liberal | Reuters

What is happening out there????
Old 01-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #105

Olathe , Kansas
Very sad indeed. I've been to Akansas a lot and can tell you most people down there are great! Always a wacko somewhere. I feel sorry for the family and there poor kids who had to see their pet killed like that.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #106

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Alas, there are lowlife dirtbags everywhere. As long as they're in the tiny, nutjob minority it's sad but not boycott material. The person who did this wouldn't be safe around the people *I* know from Arkansas. Join us!

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #107

Olathe , Kansas
Lawchick is a retired police officer from Arkansas and she would take care of that scumbag. one person doesn't make a state bad. It's a great state with some of the best campgrounds around. Come down and join us.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #108
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Hey everyone,

I was surfing this thread and saw the rally is being held in Hot Springs, AR. I don't recommend very many restaurants beings as cooking is my favorite hobby so I'm really hard on restaurant food. But while Mrs. S and I were in Hot Springs we decided to give this place a try: http://www.rolandosrestaurante.com/index.php

If you like Mexican style food and friendly service this is a must stop while y'all are there. Beings y'all are staying at Catherine's Landing, I was told by the restaurant they give out discount coupons for the restaurant. Mrs. S and I didn't stay at Catherine's but we heard a lot about it and we did pop over for a look.

Have fun everyone, just wanted to share that with you.
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #109
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Thanks for the restaurant tip, Mr & Mrs S...that was thoughtful of you! Good food is always nice to find!
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #110

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs S
Hey everyone,

I was surfing this thread and saw the rally is being held in Hot Springs, AR. I don't recommend very many restaurants beings as cooking is my favorite hobby so I'm really hard on restaurant food. But while Mrs. S and I were in Hot Springs we decided to give this place a try: http://www.rolandosrestaurante.com/index.php

If you like Mexican style food and friendly service this is a must stop while y'all are there. Beings y'all are staying at Catherine's Landing, I was told by the restaurant they give out discount coupons for the restaurant. Mrs. S and I didn't stay at Catherine's but we heard a lot about it and we did pop over for a look.

Have fun everyone, just wanted to share that with you.
Sounds good! We love Mexican food so we might have to give it a try. Thanks for the tip.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #111
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Oh, guys, I just saw this about the cat! My mother was a Burris, and I think Jake Burris is a distant cousin. It's disgusting. Actually, I was a cop at Russellville about a hundred years ago. Wish I still was and could find the barf bag road lizard sunuvabiscuit eater who did this. Believe me, though, there are plenty of very liberal folks in Arkansas.
And Hot Springs, much like Eureka Springs, is a very diversified community. There are very good restaurants and I love the bathhouse row area especially.

Of course, the most fun I have had there was when I was 15 and on a band trip ("one time, back at band camp"). The adults didn't it find it humorous at all, but I swear someone dared me to put soap suds in one of the biggest hot springs.

Now they may have it where you can't get close enough to pull a prank like that - and forget it - even if you can, I'm NOT doing it!!

We are anxious to see those of you we know - Brad & Zell, John & Charles, David & David, Cindy & Jeff, and of course, the PC Lounge crew ,etc. - and people we don't know are just friends we haven't met yet!

I called today and gave the campground a CC #, so we're set. We're down in Florida tooling around until spring comes to Arkansas.

And I hope, hope, hope that Jake Burris is able to get a win for his candidate and that Steve Womack gets turned out of the House with the rest of his right-wing-nut-job pals.

btw, Arkansas' governor, Mike Beebe, is a good, I'd say progressive, Democrat.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #112
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
One more thing. The Arlington Hotel, down in the historical district, is one of my favorite places, and there's a little hole-in-the-wall cafe down near the Arlington that has some good foot, too!

Mr. and Mrs. S - sure wish ya'll could come to this one, too. We miss ya!

Brad: We're bringing my fellow former cop Paul, and his partner Ben with us - but I think they're staying in a hotel because they don't have an Airstream yet, although they're looking.

Wow! I just saw Drew and Carol and Shane and Kathy on the list of attendees! Hey - can't wait to see you guys!

Brad, I think this is turning out to be a FOD rally AND a "Friends of Brad and Zell from AIR Midwest rally, too."

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote