Old 07-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #141

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Ouch! I need to buy new ones but only 2. Of course we look like your guest house.

blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #142

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5
Ouch! I need to buy new ones but only 2. Of course we look like your guest house.
Heh... Just wait until you get to buy a new set for that Touareg!

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #143

Olathe , Kansas
I know! I have to buy winter tires for her! But I'm loving it! It's sooo fast! When I was camping this weekend I'd look down St the speedometer and thought, oh crap I'm speeding! I had to pay the sales tax and tags today, ouch.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #144

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
I know! I have to buy winter tires for her! But I'm loving it! It's sooo fast! When I was camping this weekend I'd look down St the speedometer and thought, oh crap I'm speeding! I had to pay the sales tax and tags today, ouch.
Oh, it's got summer tires on it? Or all-seasons and you will want dedicated snows for the winter?

I have "issues with the speedo" in my daily driver, but I'm afraid the truck will bankrupt me if I drive it too fast even when I'm NOT towing so I can chill out close to the limit when I don't have the trailer.

I've found that cruise control is essential in the Legacy GT, because the car and I agree that about 93 is a good cruise speed, and the cops are not on board with that.

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
Old 07-07-2011, 11:40 PM   #145

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
DKB_SATX - sounds like you're going to spend your couple of days prior to departure doing the same tasks I'm going to be doing. But it makes it much easier than loading up and heading out all in the same day, right?
~~
Well, we're still amateurs with this... we forgot the pillows the first time! (Luckily you can't get far from a Wal-Mart without heading someplace like west Texas so I just bought some dedicated trailer pillows. ) We need some time to load up, and the old Dometic needs some time to cool down as well. Besides, if the trailer is here while I still have to work, David F will feel obligated to start the load-out on his own, right?

I think all the essential maintenance will be done long before... that's my responsibility. I have to swap out my P3 brake controller for the "Internal Error" fault and I've already been in touch with them about that, I have the shipping label emailed to me to return the faulty one, but I'm not yet certain if they're cross-shipping the new one or if I'm supposed to send this one back first... I'm waiting for one more email to be certain about that. A spare wheel is enroute, and I need to get a tire for it. I have a new Oxygenics showerhead to install, and I got a box of trailerToys today (exciting stuff like the sloping support for the stinkySlinky, wrap/handle thingies for the freshwater hose, hangers that fit into the awning roller to hang string lights from, etc.)

I'm looking forward to the rally both for meeting y'all and for more trailering experience. It's fun that our first rally will be a Family affair, so to speak!

Old 07-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #146

Olathe , Kansas
I'm a bit crazy about organization so I have a packing list, shopping list and a menu for the AS. The Bambi has all the bedding and cookware etc already in it and then I have a container for extra Junk that goes in the TV (oil,wd 40 extra propane for the grill etc) plus the container in the trunk of the camper with adapters etc. In the beginning each trip included a trip to Walmart for something I forgot.

I use those giant IKEA bags to load her up with food and the clothing. I bring her home @ 2-3 days before to air her out and turn on the fridge. And even with all my lists I end up forgetting something.

Were getting excited to meet everyone! Let the countdown begin.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #147
1 Rivet Member

1995 36' Classic 36
Silver Spring , Maryland
Packing!!

Well I am the worrier in our AS. I have started to formulate the list of things needed for the AS. I am sure we will over pack and then still forget something. I am so not organized with this yet. It will be a learning curve for sure. Yes thank heaven for Wal-mart being just about everywhere. I have left this MH to Mike and he has poured love into her along with money. He has had a about year to play and do things with her on and off. I think I will have about 2 weeks do the domestic what I can with her. Wish me luck.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #148

Olathe , Kansas
FYI to all those who forget stuff! Walmart is 20 minutes from Eureka Springs in Berryville AR. but there is a liquor store (booze brothers) and a grocery store in Eureka.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #149
Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Scott and I are getting excited as well. Oh. Moho in shop again. Hope to get her back soon. Happy we took a test drive in her last week. If it's not ready I have my other 2 ripped apart. I am so not ready. All theses AS and nothing done. Haha. Depending on which one we take we might look a little like trailer trash. Haha. Started polishing the new one. Definitely will not be finished. Took the wheels off the old one to put on the new one, but the new one has 6 wheels I only have 4 haha. Have sofa out of old one to put in the new one, but have to finish floor in the new one before I put sofa in. Yikes!! I just hope Moho is ready it would make things much easier. And if all else fails I still have my old fateful 68 26' completely finished and ready to go. Its just that we are so cramped in that one. Better for small mountain trips. Do I need to tow my jeep? How close will we be to everything? BL don't stress on entertaining all of us, it will all fall into place. We will leave late wed night to try and get there a decent time Thursday and will be happy to help getting things together. It's about 14 hr drive for us.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #150

Olathe , Kansas
Do you ever rest! Lots of irons in the fire but they will be well worth it when your done! And if you feel cramped in a 26' try a night in a 19' with two Labs!! We love it but it's not for everyone. What's funny is our bathroom at home is WAY bigger than the Bambi! But we love how easy it is to tow.
The nice thing about Eureka is were close to DT and there is a trolly stop right at the CG. Also many of us are towing so I'm sure you could catch a ride if you wanted to. So it's up to you on bringing the jeep.
We will wait with baited breath to see what you bring!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #151

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
FYI to all those who forget stuff! Walmart is 20 minutes from Eureka Springs in Berryville AR. but there is a liquor store (booze brothers) and a grocery store in Eureka.
Wait, the nearest Wal-Mart is in another town? I thought surely the Waltons had an amendment to the state constitution requiring one in every town in AR.

I will probably haul what liquor we plan to use from here, since I know where to get what we like, but I don't think I could resist at least checking out a liquor store called "Booze Brothers!"

We're getting things in order... I'm still waiting for the spare wheel and non-trashy chocks to be delivered (the PO never had a spare, apparently, and the trailer came with mismatched blocks of wood to use for chocks. They'd essentially be useless if you need more than 1 of the Lynx blocks, so I ordered some that fit between the tires. Yesterday I found a pair of Harmon Kardon computer speakers at Goodwill for $10, so we'll have music! There were no speakers installed in our trailer, so now we'll be able to plug in our phones or MP3 players for music, and they're portable so we could use them out under the awning (at a discreet volume level, of course!) The keys I ordered for the fresh-water fill worked, so now we'll have some water on board and I can use the tank to manage tongue weight as well. Things are coming together!

See y'all in Eureka Springs.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #152

Olathe , Kansas
When you see Eureka you will understand shy there isn't a Walmart, very hilly and narrow roads though town. We have hwy access to the CG so don't worry.
It sounds like you will be ready! I still have to adjust my WD a bit more and the hail dents and my boo boo will have to wait until after the rally. I don't want to risk not having her for the rally.
See you all soon!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #153
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Eureka Springs , Arkansas
So many last minute things to think of! I hope our AC works! Last time we took our coach out, we had freezing rain and dead batteries, so no heat!

If Wanderlust doesn't have the Eureka Springs guide that's published by the CofC and ad commission, I'll bring some.
Bob
Old 07-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #154

Olathe , Kansas
Sounds great! Did you sign up on the rally page? Here's the link.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...8-5;&e=797&c=1

See you soon!

Tags
eureka springs ar, fod, rally