Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Any "friendly" places in South Jersey?

Are there any accepting campgrounds in South Jersey?
MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Perry , Florida
To get a meaningful response, you may need to post a little more intro and define what you mean by "accepting" and "friendly".
Old 05-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Accepting of the FOD lifestyle. For example, I visited a campground, and was told directly that no sane sex couples were welcomed.

I just want to go to someplace quiet, read a book, and not be asked thousand questions or have someone bother me
Old 05-31-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 30' International
Vintage Kin Owner
Bad Axe , Michigan
Sane sex? They only allow insane sex? That is an interesting campground.
Just sit around, drink a bunch of beers, burp and talk about how you are just trying to avoid the old lady for a few days.
Sorry, couldn't help myself. Do you have a state park nearby?
1977 31' International Sovereign - sold
2012 Ford F250 Superduty Crewcab

WBCCI# 1007 Air#2158
dkrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:06 AM   #5

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
Accepting of the FOD lifestyle. For example, I visited a campground, and was told directly that no sane sex couples were welcomed.

I just want to go to someplace quiet, read a book, and not be asked thousand questions or have someone bother me
Seriously? Is a it mostly-seasonal campground that perhaps has (or aspires to have) some particular demographic? I guess with the number of campgrounds that cater just to older people and don't want kids around, there would be other "must be like us" kinds of places. Where was this place, so that we may shun it?

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

punch in your parameters in you web search and you might be surprised. just try it the web is amazing
dsrtgrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Classic
Smithville , New Jersey
Shame

Shame on anyone who would discriminate like that. Oh to live in a world where we could see beyond preferences, colors and beliefs and focus solely on picking on short people. Aside from Bass River SP and along the river at wading pines, we don't care much for South Jersey camping. Lord knows, those campgrounds along route 9 in Cape May county make me prefer to camp in our storage area.
monkeypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrug View Post
Sane sex? They only allow insane sex? That is an interesting campground.
Just sit around, drink a bunch of beers, burp and talk about how you are just trying to avoid the old lady for a few days.
Sorry, couldn't help myself. Do you have a state park nearby?
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately no.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:23 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
The place was Driftwood. But this was very early on my search. I think they only wanted their RVs in the campground. Many campgrounds appear to be children/ family oriented in old traditional way
Thank you for your response
Old 05-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Bloomsbury , New Jersey
Hi, Welocme and

Hey, just to let you know French Creek Sate Park is probably less than an hour from Philly, out the Turnpike. I was there a little over a year ago, nice park GREAT trails. Do you have an Airstream already or looking? I have a 73 TW and use it at least once a month most of the year. I'm a single FOD and have never found un-friendy places, Thank God. Tell us a little about yourself and good luck! John
moparjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2011 23' International
clovis , California
FOD ?
I always thought it was Foreign Object Debris. What you had to keep off the flight deck. What am I missing?
jgerardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Thank you for your response. I don't have an AS yet. My goal is to buy one and keep it at a site where I can go to for long weekends I'm not one for exploring. I don't even have a tow vehicle. Just want to get out of the city for quiet time.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #13

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgerardi View Post
FOD ?
I always thought it was Foreign Object Debris. What you had to keep off the flight deck. What am I missing?
Friends of Dorothy. Note the subforum this thread is in.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 05-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
I just want to thank all if you who replied to my question. I am very new at this, and am trying to collect as much information. I am planning on investing in an AS and just want to have a " go to place " to relax and distress. You have all bern wonderful on assisting me. I hope that I can give back to all of you someday. You are great people and I am so fortunate to have come across your Forum. Thank you again. Michael
Old 06-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #15

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
I just want to thank all if you who replied to my question. I am very new at this, and am trying to collect as much information. I am planning on investing in an AS and just want to have a " go to place " to relax and distress. You have all bern wonderful on assisting me. I hope that I can give back to all of you someday. You are great people and I am so fortunate to have come across your Forum. Thank you again. Michael
Considering that you're new to this, it's important for me to write this:

At WBCCI and AIRForums events, my partner and I have found unforced, friendly acceptance. I'm sorry you had some moron at an apparently RV-dealer-owned park tell you that you and your partner weren't welcome there. In my experience, that's an outlier. Besides our Airstream family, staff and other campers at state parks and commercial campgrounds have not said a cross word to us, and two chunky 40ish guys with a Fox Terrier together in a vintage trailer should probably be easy to figure out.

Don't let the schmucks spook you, they are in the minority.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #16

2010 16' Sport
Chicago , Illinois
We live in the Midwest and have 4 gay campgrounds that we regularly visit in the summer. There are quite a few across the country and in Canada. A good resource is the website http://www.campgayusa.com/CAMPGROUNDS.html.
It doesn't look like there are any listed in South Jersey but there are a few NE PA. We used to camp at Hillside which is about 2.5 hours from Philly.
wilbraha is offline   Reply With Quote