Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-13-2015, 07:00 AM   #113
Everyday is a GIFT !!
 
Nelson428's Avatar

 
2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,710
Send a message via AIM to Nelson428
Hopefully I will get to meet everyone soon. Any thoughts on another event where everyone gets together? Maybe at a midwest rally ?


J. Nelson
WBCCI # 5314
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
__________________

__________________
J. Nelson
TAC # MS-12
WBCCI # 5314
AirForums # 66116
Nelson428 is offline  
Old 03-14-2015, 04:42 PM   #114
1 Rivet Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
Glenn and I are going to Alumpalooza (26-30 May) on our way to Catherine's Landing. Curious as to if anyone else will do a similar stopoff at Jackson Center. Be fun to have a get together. Mark and Kerry were there last year and it was great (as always) to see them. We met another really nice couple as well....but they headed back to MD. Let me know if anyone else plans to be at the Mothership and I'll try coordinating something! Barry

Hello BAB

I am planning to go to Alumapalooza as well as Catherine's Landing.

Itldo
__________________

__________________
itldo is offline  
Old 03-26-2015, 10:46 PM   #115
Athens GA
 
Myrtle lynn's Avatar
 
1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 578
Images: 4
Aluminum Under the Rainbow FOD Rally 2015

[QUOTE=itldo;1589627

Have been assigned space 82. Would love to be on the lake but I guess all have been reserved. My partner will be joining me. Yipppeee. Can't wait. Truly
newbie's here. This will be our first trip. We will be coming from SC. See you there!
__________________
Athens GA
Myrtle lynn is offline  
Old 03-26-2015, 10:49 PM   #116
Athens GA
 
Myrtle lynn's Avatar
 
1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 578
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by itldo View Post
Hi blmitch

Have been assigned space 82. Would love to be on the lake but I guess all have been reserved. My partner will be joining me. Yipppeee. Can't wait. Truly
newbie's here. This will be our first trip. We will be coming from SC. See you there!

Itldo.

Where in SC will you be coming from? We live in Athens GA. We usually stop in west Memphis and meet up with gtc Gerry and Jim at Tom Sawyer campground, then follow each other rest of the way. Who knows this year though, we will be in the Moho.......hope she gets us there. Lol. We are on our madden voyage for the season in myrtle beach SC right now. She has two new AC units and a fresh tune up and running great. Maybe we can meet up somewhere along the way too.

Dan


Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
__________________
Athens GA
Myrtle lynn is offline  
Old 03-30-2015, 02:13 PM   #117
1 Rivet Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtle lynn View Post
Where in SC will you be coming from? We live in Athens GA. We usually stop in west Memphis and meet up with gtc Gerry and Jim at Tom Sawyer campground, then follow each other rest of the way. Who knows this year though, we will be in the Moho.......hope she gets us there. Lol. We are on our madden voyage for the season in myrtle beach SC right now. She has two new AC units and a fresh tune up and running great. Maybe we can meet up somewhere along the way too.

Dan


Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Hi Dan

We will be coming from Aiken SC.
__________________
itldo is offline  
Old 03-30-2015, 07:46 PM   #118
Rivet Master
 
wxbuoy's Avatar
 
1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,205
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtle lynn View Post
Where in SC will you be coming from? We live in Athens GA. We usually stop in west Memphis and meet up with gtc Gerry and Jim at Tom Sawyer campground, then follow each other rest of the way. Who knows this year though, we will be in the Moho.......hope she gets us there. Lol. We are on our madden voyage for the season in myrtle beach SC right now. She has two new AC units and a fresh tune up and running great. Maybe we can meet up somewhere along the way too.

Dan


Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
We are still trying to decide which route to take. Are you all going to be at Tom Sawyer on Wednesday or Thursday?
__________________
Dave and Felicia
wxbuoy is offline  
Old 03-30-2015, 09:29 PM   #119
Rivet Master
 
Landrum's Avatar
 
2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 591
We live in Little Rock, and I've heard that I-40 between LR and Memphis is even worse than usual due to the winter weather. You guys may have heard this already, but I thought I would pass it along in case. 79 from West Memphis to Stuttgart then 165 through England to LR is a little out of the way, but it's a good road. And if you go that way you are very close to Mississippi River State Park which is very nice.


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
__________________
Landrum is offline  
Old 03-31-2015, 08:01 AM   #120
1 Rivet Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 16
Dave and Felicia

I can be there either day. But was planning to try and get that far Thursday. It's about 8.5 hours from Aiken. I would spend the night and go the rest of the way on Friday as it is just a few hours drive on Friday. Am happy to meet up with you Wednesday or Thursday.
__________________
itldo is offline  
Old 04-05-2015, 05:57 PM   #121
Moderator
 
blmitch5's Avatar

 
2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,221
Images: 1
Ok gang, here is a little teaser for the rally. We are trying something different this year (there are only so many ways to pull off the Wizard of Oz theme) so this year think 50s/early 60s Mad Men glam pool party. We will post more details but I know some of you like to plan for the potluck so.....this is for the over achievers. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1428274610.656895.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	235673
__________________
Get involved and sign up for a Rally!
http://www.airforums.com/forums/calendar.php
WBCCI 4973
blmitch5 is offline  
Old 04-06-2015, 07:38 PM   #122
Rivet Master
 
wxbuoy's Avatar
 
1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,205
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by itldo View Post
Dave and Felicia

I can be there either day. But was planning to try and get that far Thursday. It's about 8.5 hours from Aiken. I would spend the night and go the rest of the way on Friday as it is just a few hours drive on Friday. Am happy to meet up with you Wednesday or Thursday.
If we go the Memphis route we would be at Tom Sawyer RV park on Wednesday night. Since it is going to be a 2 day drive up and another 2 days back we want to maximize our down time at Cathryn's Landing. It is about a 7.5 hr run to Tom Sawyer from our house. Then an easy 3.5 hr drive the next day followed by hors d'oeuvre's and cocktails!
__________________
Dave and Felicia
wxbuoy is offline  
Old 04-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #123
Rivet Master
 
wxbuoy's Avatar
 
1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,205
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
Ok gang, here is a little teaser for the rally. We are trying something different this year (there are only so many ways to pull off the Wizard of Oz theme) so this year think 50s/early 60s Mad Men glam pool party. We will post more details but I know some of you like to plan for the potluck so.....this is for the over achievers. Attachment 235673
Hmmmm I guess this mean we have to look for an inflatable pool to go with our scotch and camel cigarettes? This is gonna be fun!
__________________
Dave and Felicia
wxbuoy is offline  
Old 04-06-2015, 09:30 PM   #124
Moderator
 
DKB_SATX's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,401
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post
Hmmmm I guess this mean we have to look for an inflatable pool to go with our scotch and camel cigarettes? This is gonna be fun!
The scotch part sounds good. And martinis?
__________________
David

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline  
Old 04-06-2015, 10:37 PM   #125
Rivet Master
 
WineStream's Avatar
 
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,873
Images: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post
If we go the Memphis route we would be at Tom Sawyer RV park on Wednesday night. Since it is going to be a 2 day drive up and another 2 days back we want to maximize our down time at Cathryn's Landing. It is about a 7.5 hr run to Tom Sawyer from our house. Then an easy 3.5 hr drive the next day followed by hors d'oeuvre's and cocktails!
Keep us posted on these plans. Our itinerary isn't 100% in stone. We will be in St Louis for a few days prior to the rally. Long story, but we might make a run to Austin TX and then back to Catherine's Landing. If we skip TX then we could break the 7 hour STL to Cath's trip up a bit and join you at Tom Sawyer. So I'm interested to know if something comes together for a pre-rally
__________________
WineStream is offline  
Old 04-07-2015, 09:20 AM   #126
Rivet Master
 
wxbuoy's Avatar
 
1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,205
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post

The scotch part sounds good. And martinis?
The scotch and camels was a mad men reference. Never got the scotch bug. I do like a good gin and tonic on a hot day and am willing to learn the ways of the martini! We are primarily wine drinkers....
__________________

__________________
Dave and Felicia
wxbuoy is offline  
Closed Thread

« Arkansas | Top | Hello FOD! »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 MOUNTAIN AIR Rally April 17-20 2015 shermantic Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 2 01-13-2015 08:43 AM
Aluminum Under the Rainbow 3rd annual FOD Rally 2013 blmitch5 Friends of Dorothy 670 01-04-2015 08:03 AM
Aluminum Under the Rainbow 4th Annual FOD Rally 2014 blmitch5 Friends of Dorothy 391 12-30-2014 12:46 PM
Aluminum under the rainbow summer diversity rally blmitch5 Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 0 01-28-2011 01:15 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.