Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Friends of Dorothy
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #481
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Wildwood , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Asking for help with some swag

Good Evening,

Well The swag for Thursday finally arrived today! However, due to the number of people that are now attending the Thursday Soiree (originally less than 15, now 39) and the party favor (aka swag) I was planning on ... kinda blew the budget... I got a rally wine glass for each adult coming Thursday night.

I've had an internal debate about this for 2 weeks now but have decided to put a donation box out at the party to help defray the cost of the glasses. $5/per glass will help cover the cost and shipping.

I am still providing the ribs and wine gratis.

You are not in any way obligated to contribute if you take your glass. I do not want to come off as charging folks for something they didn't ask for or don't want. Your only obligation is to have a good time. Take a glass and enjoy. There will be plenty of wine to give it a good test run. If you donate great. If not, great, just have a good time! I will not even look in the box till we get home Sunday. I will also put it someplace where no one feels obligated or that they are being watched... I want this in no way to be a guilt trip!

Again, my apologies for not keeping a better handle on the costs.

So here is what I got. Kudos to Zell for the design!! Unfortunately the colored graphic would have been much more. I could have stayed with clear glass and stayed comfortable with my budget, but thought the different colored glasses fit the rally theme better. I got 10 each of blue, pink, green and deep purple in the 9oz stemless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pink.png
Views:	102
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	187007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue.png
Views:	100
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	187008  

Old 05-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #482
2 Rivet Member

1971 25' Caravanner
Olathe , Kansas
So here is what I got. Kudos to Zell for the design!! Unfortunately the colored graphic would have been much more. I could have stayed with clear glass and stayed comfortable with my budget, but thought the different colored glasses fit the rally theme better. I got 10 each of blue, pink, green and deep purple in the 9oz stemless.[/QUOTE]

Way to discriminate against us poor people that work and can't make it there til Saturday. Lol. Those are awesome. Anyone who doesn't want theirs I will gladly take off your hands.
Sophia Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #483

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia Mom View Post
So here is what I got. Kudos to Zell for the design!! Unfortunately the colored graphic would have been much more. I could have stayed with clear glass and stayed comfortable with my budget, but thought the different colored glasses fit the rally theme better. I got 10 each of blue, pink, green and deep purple in the 9oz stemless.
Way to discriminate against us poor people that work and can't make it there til Saturday. Lol. Those are awesome. Anyone who doesn't want theirs I will gladly take off your hands.[/QUOTE]

Nan, We might be able to make that happen! The glasses look great! Would you be able to order more from the vendor? I'd like to buy a set! They turned out great!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #484
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Way to discriminate against us poor people that work and can't make it there til Saturday. Lol. Those are awesome. Anyone who doesn't want theirs I will gladly take off your hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
Nan, We might be able to make that happen! The glasses look great! Would you be able to order more from the vendor? I'd like to buy a set! They turned out great!
Didn't mean to discriminate against those who are working hard!

I can always order more.... I have just enough for the Thursday arrivals with 2 complete sets (4-one of each color) for the raffle. Unfortunately two died in shipping I wont even have a set myself. Fel is a bit miffed about that

I would recommend going up in size to the 12 or 16 oz for the extra $1-$2. I couldn't since I was already way over budget. The 9 oz are fine for wine tasting, but really too small for serious wine drinking (no swirl room for a 6 oz pour).

I can put a sheet out and do another order. But it will be a bit more since I would have to re-mail them to the individual so more $ for postage.

I am going to call on Monday about replacing the broken ones. Fel and I will take those if they do so there will be 2 more available this week-end. I will also see about folks ordering their own since I already paid for the artwork conversion. Which by the way, the art department was gaga over! They could say enough about how great a design it was and it was the best they had seen as far as logos go!

BUT you get cheaper prices the more you order so it may be a wash if one person orders enough of them and ships them out. I would have ordered more but was afraid I would really be stuck. I ordered enough that would cover everyone and be able to walk away happy if no one pitched in. It was a tough couple of days, let me tell you!

How about we discuss it over some wine after we see if others want one (or more).

Brad; as the rally host you can decide if you want to do with the sets. Use them for the raffle (my treat) or give those out to the 8 who can't make it on Thursday... It would still be my treat since they didn't get any ribs or wine... But they have first dibs on the Port on Friday.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #485
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
You just wanted more of my homemade wine!
Well, yeah! That was great stuff!! Still have to learn how you make it. I have 4 cases of bottles saved and ready to go!!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #486
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
2011 30' International
mooresburg , Tennessee
great looking glasses. wow. this is really turning out to be some party.
gtc6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #487

Olathe , Kansas
This is our largest FOD rally to date! It's going to be a lot of fun! I can't wait to get there!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #488

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post

Didn't mean to discriminate against those who are working hard!

I can always order more.... I have just enough for the Thursday arrivals with 2 complete sets (4-one of each color) for the raffle. Unfortunately two died in shipping I wont even have a set myself. Fel is a bit miffed about that

I would recommend going up in size to the 12 or 16 oz for the extra $1-$2. I couldn't since I was already way over budget. The 9 oz are fine for wine tasting, but really too small for serious wine drinking (no swirl room for a 6 oz pour).

I can put a sheet out and do another order. But it will be a bit more since I would have to re-mail them to the individual so more $ for postage.

I am going to call on Monday about replacing the broken ones. Fel and I will take those if they do so there will be 2 more available this week-end. I will also see about folks ordering their own since I already paid for the artwork conversion. Which by the way, the art department was gaga over! They could say enough about how great a design it was and it was the best they had seen as far as logos go!

BUT you get cheaper prices the more you order so it may be a wash if one person orders enough of them and ships them out. I would have ordered more but was afraid I would really be stuck. I ordered enough that would cover everyone and be able to walk away happy if no one pitched in. It was a tough couple of days, let me tell you!

How about we discuss it over some wine after we see if others want one (or more).

Brad; as the rally host you can decide if you want to do with the sets. Use them for the raffle (my treat) or give those out to the 8 who can't make it on Thursday... It would still be my treat since they didn't get any ribs or wine... But they have first dibs on the Port on Friday.
We will talk at the rally but I think we will order glasses. They turned out great!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #489
2 Rivet Member

1971 25' Caravanner
Olathe , Kansas
Wxbouy. I know you don't know me (yet) but seriously I was just joking. If we do place a new order I'm in for some.

Can't wait to see everyone. Our goal is to be there early (not my early) Saturday morning.

Nan
Sophia Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:32 AM   #490
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Wxbouy. I know you don't know me (yet) but seriously I was just joking. If we do place a new order I'm in for some.

Can't wait to see everyone. Our goal is to be there early (not my early) Saturday morning.

Nan
I know you were joking! But I still feel bad for all of those folks who folks who had to work. I am usually the one rolling in late due to work.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #491
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
2011 25' FB International
Lafayette , Louisiana
I love em, donation in order! Thanks great job, love the style and design, a great addition for the Airstream. Thanks
Aluminum pulling Aluminum 2018 F-150 4X4 Platinum, 3.5L V-6, 10 speed trans, 6.5 bed, Max Tow 3.55 Elec Locking axle, Roadmaster Active Suspension ~ 2015 Airstream Custom Ordered 27fb International Serenity - Lafayette Louisiana
WBCCI 11100
LaBigDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #492
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post

I know you were joking! But I still feel bad for all of those folks who folks who had to work. I am usually the one rolling in late due to work.
Well, if I were still working, we wouldn't be able to participate at all. My steady/former work schedule of 5p-5a every Fri/Sat/Sun made it impossible to enjoy any events like this, so we're really excited!
And Bravo! I'm impressed w/your initiative on the wine glass idea. You've done SO MUCH already, organizing the Thursday "Meat & Greet." Take no shame in putting out a subtle donation box. Those whom appreciate Airstreams, will also appreciate your efforts.
2 Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #493
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Thanks, I appreciate all your kind words. I love doing this kind of stuff anyway. Especially when folks appreciate it!

Does any one have a decanter they can bring? I only have one and can decant/recant the general consumption wines. I was hoping to avoid that for the better ones. Ideally I would like to have 3 additional if possible.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #494

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Now how does one recant wine? Is that when, the morning after you've had way too much red, you swear never to drink any more of it?

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #495
4 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Kansas city , Missouri
What is this leftover wine you speak of?
Kreimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #496
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreimer View Post
Never heard of the stuff!!
2 Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #497
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreimer View Post
Left over wine? I will try and personally see that such a thing doesn't happen!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #498
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Klate, that may be what "pocket wine" is
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #499
4 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Kansas city , Missouri
Haha! I thought that was pocket margaritaS?!?
Kreimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #500
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
I'll ask Carol...
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote