Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #201

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Your perfect there so I won't move you! We're soooo HAPPY your going to make it! We're almost full taking up the entire lakefront! There are two SOBs and one teardrop (silver) joining us as well. This is going to be a great little rally!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #202
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Wildwood , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post

Lol. I love a dirty martini! Add a blue cheese stuffed olive and I'm in heaven! I'm not a fan of red eyes but I really want to be there Thursday! We can't wait to meet you!
Picked up an extra bottle of Hendricks and put it with the June Rally stuff. Will pick up some olives and blue cheese prior to the rally. Since you didn't specify I am gonna go with bitetto and Stilton since the sweeter meatier olive will work nicely with the more pungent taste. may have to go with Gorgonzola if I can't find Stilton. Will also have a variety of reds as well. Good food good drink and good company, this is gonna be a great rally!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #203

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post

Picked up an extra bottle of Hendricks and put it with the June Rally stuff. Will pick up some olives and blue cheese prior to the rally. Since you didn't specify I am gonna go with bitetto and Stilton since the sweeter meatier olive will work nicely with the more pungent taste. may have to go with Gorgonzola if I can't find Stilton. Will also have a variety of reds as well. Good food good drink and good company, this is gonna be a great rally!
Oops. Vodka but we will bring our own. You might become our new best friends! We are sooo ready for this rally!!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #204
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
WoW, I don't know if our palate(s) are sophisticated enough to run with y'all big dogs. We have learned (& enjoyed) a lot of red wine. Visited many wineries, started a collection, etc. But I still like a simple Budlight-lime /Coors light, now & then.
2 Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #205

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Hendrick's is a good idea. The first two AR FoD rallies were definitely g&t weather!

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:42 AM   #206
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Cowboys View Post
WoW, I don't know if our palate(s) are sophisticated enough to run with y'all big dogs. We have learned (& enjoyed) a lot of red wine. Visited many wineries, started a collection, etc. But I still like a simple Budlight-lime /Coors light, now & then.
There is nothing sophisticated about this palate! I am just a glutton with a drinking problem I enjoy food and wince (any kind at any price). There is nothing better in life than a grilled hot dog and a cold beer!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #207
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
To steal a line from THE PACK,

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are gonna feel all day long."

We we be there mid afternoon on Thursday.

With a handle of gin and gallons of tonic on board.

Sounds like a lot of fun....

Regards,

JD

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #208
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
Hey Gang,
Slight change of topic...
Is anyone else traveling/bringing pooches? As I mentioned, we start our new life as "Full Timers" on May 15th. So we'll have our 3 dogs w/us. Just wondering if there would be any others & if there's anything in particular we should bring/prep?
Wxbuoy- So I guess you'll be celebrating the fact that you reached/passed your "Expiration Date" & we'll be celebrating our "Sell by Date" (sell everything & retire date),
LoL
Old 04-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #209
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
2Cowboys,

You won't be the only ones with dogs. We don't go anywhere without our boys. I'd say that last year, about 1/2 of the trailers had dogs with them. Catherine's Landing has a pretty decent dog run, so there is even a place om-site for them to wander off-leash.

Lynn
2005 19' Safari, Toyota Tundra
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #210
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
I'm still so jealous that we don't have a group like this on the west coast! Oh, and I don't see a MH on that T-Shirt! LOL
I agree! It sounds like a lot of fun - a bit too far for us but we will be watching for a closer rally. Have fun. I saw BLMIITCH's post on the dirty martini and knew that we will be missing a great party. My drink of choice as well...

We just had over 12 inches so snow here yesterday so hard to think of any trips right now!
bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #211

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonginator View Post

I agree! It sounds like a lot of fun - a bit too far for us but we will be watching for a closer rally. Have fun. I saw BLMIITCH's post on the dirty martini and knew that we will be missing a great party. My drink of choice as well...

We just had over 12 inches so snow here yesterday so hard to think of any trips right now!
Brrrr I saw that! Maybe you need to head south and Arkansas. This really is a great group and lots of fun! We will post pictures and maybe a Colorado rally? I love the mountains, CSU boy here!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #212
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Hey Gang,
Slight change of topic...
Is anyone else traveling/bringing pooches? As I mentioned, we start our new life as "Full Timers" on May 15th. So we'll have our 3 dogs w/us. Just wondering if there would be any others & if there's anything in particular we should bring/prep?
Wxbuoy- So I guess you'll be celebrating the fact that you reached/passed your "Expiration Date" & we'll be celebrating our "Sell by Date" (sell everything & retire date),
LoL
Sounds like it is shaping up to be one heck of a celebration! When is your stuff going up for sale? If you have a Bear cage sign for sale, please let me know!

Here is who I have as showing up on Thursday:

wxbuoy Dave and Felicia lots of Ribs & wine
2 Cowboys Marc & Dave potato salad and paddle
lcurrie Lynn & Becky
Kreimer Scott & ?
Drew05
Flysoncloud Kathy & ?
Mellie the SOB Mellie
Flysoncloud's SOB kin folk*
galaba Joe & Gary
jdalrymple Jeff n Cindy Handle of gin and gallons of tonic

I didn't catch everyone's names....sorry.... If you are coming on Thursday and want to be added to party just let me know... I assume if you are showing up on Thursday you will be eating and drinking with us but wanted to check...

So bring your favorite Aloha shirt and come to M&G/celebration. Not quite sure everything we are celebrating, but we will definitely drink to it!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #213

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:

Sounds like it is shaping up to be one heck of a celebration! When is your stuff going up for sale? If you have a Bear cage sign for sale, please let me know!

lcurrie Lynn & Becky
Kreimer Scott & ?
Drew05
Flysoncloud Kathy & ?
Mellie the SOB Mellie
galaba Joe & Gary

I didn't catch everyone's names....sorry.... If you are coming on Thursday and want to be added to party just let me know... I assume if you are showing up on Thursday you will be eating and drinking with us but wanted to check...

So bring your favorite Aloha shirt and come to M&G/celebration. Not quite sure everything we are celebrating, but we will definitely drink to it!
We're going to be there as well. Brad and Zell @ 6:30-7:30 I'm sleeping in the car on the way down
Old 04-17-2013, 03:49 AM   #214
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
We're going to be there as well. Brad and Zell @ 6:30-7:30 I'm sleeping in the car on the way down
Sorry! Still had you under the save a to go bag column!

lcurrie Lynn & Becky
Kreimer Scott & ?
Drew05
Flysoncloud Kathy & ?
Mellie the SOB Mellie
galaba Joe & Gary
blmitch5 Brad & Zell
Old 04-17-2013, 04:12 AM   #215
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
Quote:

lcurrie Lynn & Becky
Kreimer Scott & ?
Drew05
Flysoncloud Kathy & ?
Mellie the SOB Mellie
galaba Joe & Gary

Dave,
Yes, we should have a few "Bear" items up for sale. I'll try & get 'em together & let ya know. We're in the final stretch of prep for this HUGE sale, & it's getting quite daunting. A LOT of hard work. But happy to report that we successfully towed our AS over to Foley RV in Gulfport, Ms yesterday (inaugural pull w/new Ram) from New Orleans. Got it out of the way for our sale & knocking off some "fix-its" as well.
The Thurs M&G party you organized seems to be shaping up VERY nicely! We're REALLY looking forward to it. BTW- I prefer "Marc Anthoni" over "Marc" because there's always another around. I'm gonna have to look for a nice Aloha shirt. Not sure we have any. But I can sure see myself wearing 'em in our new lifestyle!!
Ciao!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3928622119.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	486.6 KB
ID:	183558  
Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 AM   #216
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Quote:
Sophisticated???? Apparently you haven't met the red neck side of this bunch (me)! I will have the wake up drinks for Saturday morning, bloody marys! I will start pouring around 8. We probably won't get down there until late Thursday night, don't worry you will know when we roll in. We will also have our two dogs with us.

Brad we will take shirts as well, I will take a extra fat and I am guessing Kathy will need a small.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:30 AM   #217
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
Gosh I'm sorry we can't go to this rally. Those traveling down I-49/US 71 wave hi as you pass Adrian, MO. I'll be having a good thought for your safe travels and enjoyable rally!

Eljay

1968 Tradewind Double.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:39 AM   #218
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonginator View Post

Too bad you can't make it. With a screen name like that I am sure we would get along just fine.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #219
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flysoncloud View Post

Sophisticated???? Apparently you haven't met the red neck side of this bunch (me)! I will have the wake up drinks for Saturday morning, bloody marys! I will start pouring around 8. We probably won't get down there until late Thursday night, don't worry you will know when we roll in. We will also have our two dogs with us.
Flysoncloud-
Ahh, not to worry, "Have Redneck, will travel!!" My Cowboy/Husband is just about the biggest gay Redneck in town! I'm sure we'll all mesh together just fine. As I mentioned before, it'll be a new experience for us. But a little saying I adopted & use quite often: "Expectations only lead to disappointments" has served me well over the years. We'll be there, happy to meet & swap stories w/the best of 'em.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #220

Olathe , Kansas
We will defiantly hear your Diesel engine. I got you down for the shirts XL and Sm. are you bringing your disc golf equipment?