Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Friends of Dorothy
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
https://airstreamorama.com

2013 27' FB International
Palm Springs , California
Alumafiesta

Hi.

I just bought my first Airstream...a 2013 International Signature 27FB which I will pick up in mid-November when I get back to the US and sort out a tow vehicle. I plan to full time from mid-January and am planning to attend my first Airstream gathering, Alumafiesta, in early February. I was wondering if there are any other FOD's that are planning to attend?

Hope to hear from you!

Cheers,

John
Ljsydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1994 21' Sovereign
Paradise Valley , Arizona
I will be there. It is a nice RV resort though I have not stayed there for years.
Paradise Valley, Arizona
kmaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:41 AM   #3

Great...saw some photos of the park and it looks nice...have you been to one of these events before?
Old 09-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1994 21' Sovereign
Paradise Valley , Arizona
I have not. My first rally will be in Oct for the Airmidwest rally in Grove OK. From there I am heading on to rallies in Georgia and South Carolina. I hope to be on the road for about a month but plan on being back for the Thanksgiving weekend rally in Apache Junction.
Paradise Valley, Arizona
kmaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Hico , Texas
AlumaFiesta and First Rally as Honeymoon

Hey Guys:

We are planning on attending AlumaFiesta for our first rally ever.

And to top it off, it will be our Honeymoon! We are "Getting Hitched" on Feb 1 in New Mexico. Although Luci has had the Airstream since 2006, 75th Edition, International Safari, 25 footer, it had never been on the road until this past summer.

We are both novices and have taken getting the Airstream up and running one step at a time. Got a local RV repair shop give it a once over, and replace some electrical components. I ordered a two camera SwiftHitch as a hitching camera and as a rear view camera. We got the tow vehicle, equipped with a "tow package" but neither we nor the shop who installed it, nor we realized that it wasn't enough to actuate the brakes of the Airstream. So this week we are getting a "controller" installed.

It's been slow going but by time we "tie the knot" hopefully we will have everything in place before we take the 2000 mile trek from Texas all the way to Tucson and back!

Philip & Luci
Lazy Dude Ranch
Hico Texas
pdvasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Philip & Luci

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. We will be at Alumafiesta, our second one. If we meet, I'll buy you and the Mrs a drink of your choice.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Great time!

You will all have a great time at this event. Rich and Brett are top notch with all of the activities and seminars, plus all of the fun entertainment. Larry and I have done Alumapalooza four times and it only gets better and better.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Hico , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie M View Post
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. We will be at Alumafiesta, our second one. If we meet, I'll buy you and the Mrs a drink of your choice.
That's a deal. We will look for you guys.

Philip & Luci
Lazy Dude Ranch
Hico Texas
Old 10-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Hico , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
You will all have a great time at this event. Rich and Brett are top notch with all of the activities and seminars, plus all of the fun entertainment. Larry and I have done Alumapalooza four times and it only gets better and better. Lou
Can't wait. Thanks!

Philip & Luci
Lazy Dude Ranch
Hico Texas
Old 10-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2008 28' International
We've reserved a spot at AlumaFiesta in February, our first time at the event. Looking forward to meeting everyone! We attended the FOD rally in Arkansas two years ago and had a blast!

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely' - Ogden Nash
Rugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Hico , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugger View Post
we've reserved a spot at alumafiesta in february, our first time at the event. Looking forward to meeting everyone! We attended the fod rally in arkansas two years ago and had a blast!
fod?

Philip & Luci
Lazy Dude Ranch
Hico Texas
Old 10-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #12
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Planning on being there

Hi John,

Randy and I plan on going to Alumafiesta in February. I have been to 3 Alumapaloozas and they are a blast. We should try and plan an FOD event so that we can meet each other.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #13
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Aluma events

We have been to two Aluma events....last year's Alumafiesta in Arizona and Alumafandango in Oregon and highly recommend them. Rich and Brett do a great job of organizing fun inclusive things to do. We had a great time at both events and are finalizing our future travel plans soon.....hope to do them again. Since we live in CA both of these rallies are closer to home and more doable than the Ohio or Florida ones....We are happy they are holding events in the west as well. Sign up--you won't be sorry. Paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamadeca View Post
Hi John, Randy and I plan on going to Alumafiesta in February. I have been to 3 Alumapaloozas and they are a blast. We should try and plan an FOD event so that we can meet each other.
Sounds like a great idea! It'll be my first Airstream event and my first trip with my Airstream...I'll need a debrief and a drink right away!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
We attended AlumaFiesta last year in Tucson, and I am trying to figure out logistics to get back again this February.. Rich indicated the RV Park is changing over to KOA branding, but all of same facilities and amenities available.. That is week of giant Gem & Mineral Show, and it looks like new list of activities, including tours, hikes, bike rides and seminars/entertainment.. Rich and Brett (and their wives...) do a great job of organizing the event and leading many of the outings. The roving cocktail parties and happy hours in the giant insulated tent make it easy to meet neighbors and make new friends. Just be aware that Super Bowl is on Sunday afternoon if you plan to be towing towards Tucson that weekend... (we got stuck in Palm Springs last year in a park with defective TV cable system...)

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Olympic Peninsula , WA
Alumafandango 2013 in Canyonville was our first RV trip ever- 27 Safari FB. It was a great trip; we'll be at Alumafiesta 2014 as well.
DoubleNickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
oAlumaflamingo

I hope you all have fun at Alumafiesta! Wish we could be there.
Larry and I will be at Alumaflamingo, Feb. 18 at Sarasota, FL. We hope some of you will be coming too!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #18

Hi All…Just wanted to revive this thread for anyone heading to Alumafiesta (FOD or otherwise)…looking forward to seeing you there…I start to make my way from CA on Monday. See you in Tucson! John
Old 01-25-2014, 05:15 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Hico , Texas
Ok Guys and Gals:

Luci and I will be there at AlumaFiesta celebrating our nuptials. We are "getting hitched" on Saturday Feb 1 at Ojo Caliente, NM and will head over to the rally on Super Bowl sunday. (OMG, I almost forgot. Don't tell Luci, but I will make sure we camp along the way at a RV park with cable!)

We'll be at the rally by Tuesday and invite everybody over for a glass of Champagne, an airstream cookie and a slice of wedding cake.

This is the first Airstream Rally for each of us and we look forward to beginning our new life together "riveted".

Philip & Luci
Lazy Dude Ranch
Hico Texas
Old 01-25-2014, 06:00 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! So sad we won't be there to celebrate. What a great way to start your married life!
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote