Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Friends of Dorothy
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
_ , _
Airstream Addicts

A new Facebook group has been created called "Airstream Addicts". It's a group that is inclusive of all. If you are addicted to aluminum and have an open mind, check it out. Just search for "Airstream Addicts" on Facebook!

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 04-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1999 33' Land Yacht
Pooler , Georgia
P30 Electric Brake

Does anyone where I can get a picture of the quick disconnect for the P30 system ? I have a 1999 33' Land Yacht . I understand it is behind the driver under the chassis .
TIA
Ivan
Cobia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
A new Facebook group has been created called "Airstream Addicts". It's a group that is inclusive of all. If you are addicted to aluminum and have an open mind, check it out. Just search for "Airstream Addicts" on Facebook!

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
I was a member for a short time until I discovered the owner had way different political views than I did. Won't go into details but she as very closed minded.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:05 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 19' International
Houston , Texas
Two Groups I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
I was a member for a short time until I discovered the owner had way different political views than I did. Won't go into details but she as very closed minded.
I searched the fb pages and found two groups. One is called, "Airstream Addicts" and the second is called, "Heterosexual Airstream Addicts" (7 members). The latter group has all kinds of anti-gay speech/posts, but the first has over 16,000 members and I have seen several glbt posts and comments and have never had a negative response.

I wonder if the woman you reference left the group and started her own hate group.

Take the long way home.....

WBICC# 5400
jrporter7702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2021 25' International
Full timer , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrporter7702 View Post
I searched the fb pages and found two groups. One is called, "Airstream Addicts" and the second is called, "Heterosexual Airstream Addicts" (7 members). The latter group has all kinds of anti-gay speech/posts, but the first has over 16,000 members and I have seen several glbt posts and comments and have never had a negative response.

I wonder if the woman you reference left the group and started her own hate group.
I'm one of the Addicts admins, and a FoD member, so if you have queries on the group itself, feel free to let me know.
IanPoulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:25 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Dublin , Ohio
I am a member of "Air Stream Addicts" and find them to be a welcoming and inclusive group. I have learned a lot from their members.
bikechuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:25 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2021 25' International
Full timer , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrporter7702 View Post

No -- Heterosexual Airstream Addicts was founded by a member who disagreed with the lead admin's politic, so left the group.
IanPoulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2017 19' International
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPoulin View Post
I'm one of the Addicts admins, and a FoD member, so if you have queries on the group itself, feel free to let me know.
Thanks Ian,
I have been a member of Addicts for several months and have enjoyed the post a great deal and have never felt anything but welcome.

It's a great group!
Rick

Take the long way home.....

WBICC# 5400
jrporter7702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
This was months ago, the group I was on was way too left for me, nothing to do with gay rights. The female administrated pretty much told me if I disagreed with her I could leave, and I did. Very ridged, very rude, and very direct. Certainly not open minded.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:44 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Just reread their editorial policy. The administrator that replied to me sure didn't follow that policy. Can't help but think there is a hidden agenda here.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPoulin View Post
No -- Heterosexual Airstream Addicts was founded by a member who disagreed with the lead admin's politic, so left the group.
Always enjoy your posts. My disagreement was strictly political and had nothing to do with gay rights.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:01 PM   #12
ntsbltsrvits

2015 27' FB International
2016 30' International
Eagle , Idaho
It's just a Facebook group

I think I've been on Airstream Addicts for about a year now.
I don't remember seeing anything political on it. Occasionally I've seen a photoshopped image with two women and a trailer. I think maybe the founder likes graphics work? Not sure and I don't care.
What makes up the group are 16,000 passionate owners and people that want to someday own one!
If you sign up for the group you'll see lots and lots of questions. Both simple and some more complex. What kind of truck should I buy? Ugh! I want to pull my hair out sometimes

Have a safe trailering season ahead!

Ken
Cowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
I'm addicted to my AS so I'm one of the addicts, I guess. What I see a lot of are newb questions about everything camping and AS. Questions like what to do about battery maintenance, can I tow a 34 ft Excella with a vw bug, help my awning, tires, door lock, hot water heater...pretty much all the questions that get asked here. I frequently point the newb questioners to this forum, as the same things seem to pop up over time.

There are also some very cool pictures of people camping with their Dacshunds, which I'm a sucker for.

Mike
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:55 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
As with any other FB group....it's what you make of it. I find it to be very interesting and fun, just like this Forum. Enjoy it with an open mind, learn, contribute and go with the flow
Old 04-13-2017, 06:30 AM   #15
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Perhaps the woman who gave me the hard time and said she owned the site is no longer there. Or is she just covering up her politics and appearing nice. Either way I have no use for airstream addicts..
Old 04-13-2017, 07:56 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International
2016 26' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
I'm a proud Addict, and equally proud of every association I have with Airstream groups, people, and the community. I think the thing that needs to be remembered is all of the groups represent a myriad of experiences, views, and backgrounds.

I may not agree with a fellow member on political or religious views, but the fact that they share a prominent passion ensures that I'll be willing to 'agree to disagree' for the greater good. And isn't that what we need a little more of?
Old 04-13-2017, 08:14 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Renton , Washington
I've been on Airstream Addicts for a couple months now and have found the posts somewhat interesting to fantastic. For as political as Facebook has become in the last year I don't recall any political posts to this group. I just need to figure out how to turn off the email notifications every time someone posts to a thread I posted to. I think it's a good group and a compliment to Airforums.
Wconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
obviously things are better, that's good, ill never go back but the rest of you enjoy it.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2009 34' Classic
Lake Worth Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
...ill never go back but the rest of you enjoy it.
We heard ya the first two times.

Jim
2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, Cummins TurboDiesel
AirstreamJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:50 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Just trying to make my point to others comments. What do you care?