Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2017, 03:43 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Eddie Bauer
TX , Texas
I've never encountered a political post on airstream addicts. If I had and disagreed, I'd ignore it and read the next post. The ratio of political posts to airstream related posts must be a gazillon to 1. I might disagree with "her" political views but that's not why I joined.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:14 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wconley View Post
I've been on Airstream Addicts for a couple months now and have found the posts somewhat interesting to fantastic. For as political as Facebook has become in the last year I don't recall any political posts to this group. I just need to figure out how to turn off the email notifications every time someone posts to a thread I posted to. I think it's a good group and a compliment to Airforums.
Look for the "v" on the top right of a particular post, tap on that and you will get drop down menu to "turn off notification for this post." Sometimes you might have to do it twice if comments still come through.
luforia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:11 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Montgomery , Texas
If I'm looking for direction or data, I come here. (Well, I'm here every day even if I don't!)

Addicts FB group is more entertainment and eye candy for me. I see a lot of naive young people getting a trailer and just going for it. Alternates between scary and inspirational.

I do enjoy trying to figure out who I know from here, though. Funny that we use our real names over on a much more open site and here we use more cryptic names.

Both are good for me, but if I had to pick one... I'm with you guys (and girls)!!!
DaveMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:35 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2021 25' International
Full timer , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc View Post

I do enjoy trying to figure out who I know from here, though. Funny that we use our real names over on a much more open site and here we use more cryptic names.

Both are good for me, but if I had to pick one... I'm with you guys (and girls)!!!
Bet you can't guess who I am at Addicts :-P . . ..
IanPoulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #25

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Pasadena , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
A new Facebook group has been created called "Airstream Addicts". It's a group that is inclusive of all. If you are addicted to aluminum and have an open mind, check it out. Just search for "Airstream Addicts" on Facebook!

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Tried to join yesterday but somehow I am unable to find the group anymore?
Sent you a message.
rs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 02:40 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
I'm not a member of Airstream addicts but my wife is. She is constantly asking me questions so she can help someone out. Many times they have the latest news even before we get it.

At Alumapolosa this year the "Addicts" had a get together at the Split Decision Cafe' and it was some 50 strong! We had a very nice time.

At least they have the energy and organization skills to plan events and have a good time together. I didn't see and Air forum get together posted at the event?

16000 members is a large number! We can all co-exist.

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 02:44 PM   #27
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4ever View Post
Tried to join yesterday but somehow I am unable to find the group anymore?
Sent you a message.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AirstreamAddicts
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:18 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
I'm a member, but since I don't spend much time on Facebook, I don't spend much time on Addicts.

Mike Solkol has an RV electrical group that I find interesting though.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:31 PM   #29

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Pasadena , CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskier View Post
Thanks, I am only able to see the post in the group if I am not logged on to FB.
Once logged it says "Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

First time AS owner taking delivery of a new Flying cloud 19CBB this Wed and love to get some ideas from the FB group and here but I might have inadvertently got myself blocked from FB by trying to join multiple times..
rs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:30 PM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Wimauma , Florida
1987 sovereign

Looking for tail light bezels for my 1987 sovereign.. Anyone know where i can find a set??
BillCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 05:28 AM   #31
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCampbell View Post
Looking for tail light bezels for my 1987 sovereign.. Anyone know where i can find a set??
Probably almost anywhere other than a discussion thread about a Facebook group would be a good place to start.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:02 PM   #32
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Fb...?

I sold it when the stock price reached $200 and the founder revealed himself to be a jerk. No politics involved.

Disclaimer....We don't twit either.🥴
Bob
🇺🇸
Old 05-02-2021, 07:00 AM   #33

Ormond Beach , Florida
Trip Planning/Route Tool

Need advice/recommendations on which trip planning and/or route tool you use. Here’s my dilemma…We had a 35’ class A Tiffin for 4 years and I used the following products, which I’ve become very familiar with. We bought the Garmin RV760 (which we sold when we sold the Class A). Also used Garmin’s Basecamp on my Mac, which I know most will agree does not have an easy learning curve but I have gotten pretty familiar with it. And I also bought the lifetime product of Route-1 Low Clearance product (for bridge heights), which gives me a lot of comfort because I’m able to import it into my Basecamp and then ultimately it is downloaded, along with my route maps, into my RV760. We were planning to do some INTL travel when we sold our Class A, but with COVID we decided to buy an Airstream instead and now I’m looking to buy a new Garmin unit (possibly the 890 or 1090) and continue to use Basecamp and the Route-1 Low Clearance. HOWEVER, I’m intrigued with the RV Trip Wizard and I’ve heard some good things about it, but I’m also a bit concerned about how much the renewal will cost after year 1 ??? I also believe I can use RVTW to download the routes from it to my Garmin too, correct? If so, this is good, but I’m not sure it’s as good (or inclusive) as the Route-1 product when it comes to low clearance bridges? Does anyone simply use RVTW as a supplement to a Garmin using Basecamp and Route-1 or is that overkill? Thanks in advance for advice/recommendations.
bigburgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:00 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2009 34' Classic
Lake Worth Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigburgy View Post
Need advice/recommendations on which trip planning and/or route tool you use.
You posted your question in a thread whose topic is the “Airstream Addicts” group in Facebook, and this thread also just happens to have been created as part of the “Friends of Dorothy” sub forum here on Airforums. “Friends of Dorothy” is a euphemism for the gay community. 😀

You’ll likely get a much more helpful response if you repost your question in a more appropriately-themed sub forum. I’d suggest the “On the Road...” sub forum (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/) which has a number of threads about trip planning tools. Follow the link, then either browse the forum for a topic that seems right, or click the “New Thread” blue button at top to create your own new thread.

Good luck!

Jim
2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, Cummins TurboDiesel
AirstreamJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 08:22 PM   #35

Currently Looking...
leonardo , New Jersey
Thank you!
PattyS is offline   Reply With Quote