Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Working on the Road
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-26-2017, 04:12 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
OP requested entire elephant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seinbelld View Post
. . .
. . . was hoping there'd be something that might also block out my background noise for those on the other end of my calls.
. . .
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:03 AM   #22
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
OP requested entire elephant.

Directional mic? It would be interesting if someone makes noise-canceling headphones with a built-in directional mic. Possibly the helicopter headset, for obvious reasons.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:24 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Clovis , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Directional mic? It would be interesting if someone makes noise-canceling headphones with a built-in directional mic. Possibly the helicopter headset, for obvious reasons.
I work on aircraft for a living. What your referring to is Aviation Headsets. That would be overkill. There is nothing in a Airstream that is remotely anywhere near the decibel level of a chopper or airplane rotary or jet engine.

What the OP should look into is a good set of gaming headphones. The console or PC gaming world makes gaming head sets that range in price from 50 bucks to 400 or more. They have excellent noise cancellation features both for the mic and headset.

Aviation headsets are available off Amazon if you order them but the interface is the larger plug in. You would have to get a adapter to use them on a computer.
powerwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:46 AM   #24
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwiz View Post
I work on aircraft for a living. What your referring to is Aviation Headsets. That would be overkill. There is nothing in a Airstream that is remotely anywhere near the decibel level of a chopper or airplane rotary or jet engine.
Ever had a 2 year old throw a screaming fit inside a small room? Those things could shatter glass...
Old 03-28-2017, 05:15 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Ever had a 2 year old throw a screaming fit inside a small room? Those things could shatter glass...
Years ago, I had a house alarm system that included glass break detectors. My 2 year old would, indeed, set it off by screaming. The alarm system thought she WAS shattering glass.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
The OP has two young children, both older than two, but still in an age that can have a meltdown once in a while.

My question would be this: what do you do at home? I suspect the answer is that there is more physical separation, and the children understand that they have to be quiet around the "office" area. As much as possible, can the rest of the family be outside, maybe at the beach, park, zoo, etc?

I know that there are several road-schooling families, in which one parent is working from the coach while the other one is teaching the children. You might want to ask this on the escapees forum or the rv-dreams forum.
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote