Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Working on the Road
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Hello from Hephzibah GA!

Hello everyone!
In case you are wondering, no, Hephzibah is not some sort of disease . It is a little town on the outskirts of Augusta GA. I have been lurking around some, figured it was time I registered as I will be having lots of questions! I do not currently have an Airstream but it is my desire to have one. I have an opportunity to help out a close family member through major eye surgery and recovery. I have been there myself, 3 surgeries myself but currently holding my own. I have checked on line everywhere I can think of searching for what will work for me. It is a long term commitment as I will have to leave my job due to an unrelated condition. He is in NC and we will set up a place for electric and water. After that it has always been my dream to travel our great country. I want to do it while I still can see it all, guess I decided to work on my bucket list... I will try workamping and if I have to I can always get a part time job somewhere. Unfortunately for me, I have not found much around here. Everything I am interested in is hundreds of miles away and I do mean hundreds . I have read about the opportunity of an experienced airstreamer to help out with inspections. I have a great fear of buying something I can't see before hand. I can do some repairs but I can't get into anything too seriously wrong with it. I do have a budget that would include the initial investment and potential repairs. I am willing to pay more up front for it hopefully to offset repair expenses. I would like to thank you all in advance for what I see you do for everyone. Bless you all!

cowboyluvin' or...
cowboy or...
J.C. or...
Jim
(I didn't see a cowboy smilie to add....)
cowboyluvin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hi J.C. -- in the last handful of days we've added a new section on our forum page for workamping. We hope that this draws posts from those interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	workamping.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	109560

Glad to have you with us!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | Top | Seasonal Workamping »