Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #61
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
If it isn't mentioned above then look into being a Gate Guard for the oil industry. There's a long thread or two on RV.net (and I've posted a thread here on AIR, IIRC).

Saw a 345 Moho doing this work up north on FM-791 near Campbellton yesterday, and a 1969 Silver Streak out on Cuantas Milas Road off TX-16 near Tilden a few nights before.

It's hot and dusty here in South Texas, but I'd take a GG job over any warehouse job of any description any time. Most are 1099 jobs . . but everyone is happy to see you. Big difference, there.

I visited with a lady from Lincoln, NE the other night for awhile. Nice to shut off that big engine and talk under the stars however briefly. (I drive big trucks in the oilfield).

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Workers Needed in Kentucky for Amazon

Hello Again CamperForce Alums!!

The Peak Season is fast approaching and we are still hiring toward our goals for the CamperForce.

We just want you to know that Amazon NEEDS YOU!! If you are in the area this peak season, we would love to have you back with us. The success of SDF1 last Fall is due in LARGE part to the wonderful work ethic and tenacity of workers like YOU, the CamperForce Associates! There’s no way we could meet the customer demand and provide the quality experience at this time of year without people like you guys!

There’s still time if you want to spend your holidays with us on your way to a warmer, sunnier climate for 2013! Start dates vary between September and early November. I’ve attached application materials and campground information. Should you have us in your travel plans, you will need to fill out section 1 of the application and return along with the signed NDA. Then I will get in touch with you for a brief and painless interview and discuss your start date and preferences.

THANK YOU for your help in our previous success! We hope you might consider being part of our future successes as well!! J

JENIFER CARNEY l CamperForce Administrator l Amazon SDF1
E: jenifeca@amazon.com P: 270/849-2657 F: 270/849-2701
1050 S. Columbia Avenue Campbellsville, KY 42718

Work hard. Have fun. Make history.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #63
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
The Price of Free Online Shipping
Old 08-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #64
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Thanks for posting the details Wheel. Is there any chance of working for just one month early in the season? Just thought I would pose the question here prior to contacting Amazon.

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #65
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Lucius, I am not certain, but a quick call to Jenifer should get you a quick answer. If you do get a definitive answer please post the results here. Thanks. I think the Green River State Park is a lovely place to stay, btw. You will need to have free pump out service because they do not have full hook-ups but the grounds are gorgeous and the wi-fi perfect!

Check my album for Green River. Cumberland Falls should be stopped at along the way when you get in that area. Lexington and Horse Fair Park are not far either.

photography
Old 08-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #66
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Carol,

Best wishes. I hope you are the winner of the $320MM Powerball. Or know the winner.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #67
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Weatherford , Texas
I've been Gateguarding for the past 3 months and plan on continuing until next June before I take a break and head to Alaska. Great opportunity for some...
mopariac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #68
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
moparic great job we have friends that we encouraged to do this work now they been at 3 gates and loving it only downfall they have had they got buried in the mud last week good deal
Old 10-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #69
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
I've seen a few A/S's out in the field working as GG's. My favorite is the Bambi with a giant A/C and moho sized radome for sat-tv over near Cotulla. Saw a 345 moho just down the road from it the other day.

Andy Jones has the best GG blog at MyOldRV - RV Fulltiming and Boondocking Advice. Start at the beginning and work your way through.

Be aware that some if not most of the GG positions are 1099 (whether legal or not is being debated by the Dept of Labor), so self-employment taxes may apply to that $125-$150 daily rate.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #70
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Weatherford , Texas
Financial and Spiritual Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiontimo View Post
moparic great job we have friends that we encouraged to do this work now they been at 3 gates and loving it only downfall they have had they got buried in the mud last week good deal
Thanks Scorpiontimo. We are loving it. Our first gate was out of Tilden, Texas at a place called Broken Skull Ranch owned by "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. We took thousands of wildlife pictures and we love our neighbors (none).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9389.JPG
Views:	827
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	172503   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9440.JPG
Views:	1250
Size:	771.8 KB
ID:	172504  

mopariac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #71
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Anyone working for Amazon this season? Danielle and I are considering the CamperForce program for the 2013 season. We're planning the calendar for late 2013 and trying to decide if we'll end up in KY or one of the other locations.

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #72
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Summer Campground Host Position in AZ

Received this today from Recreation Resource Management;

We need host couples for the summer season of 2013 at a campground on Mt. Lemon in the Coronado National Forest near Tucson, AZ. These positions pay a wage plus the host site and utilities.

Please contact Carey Hamblin at hamblin@camprrm.com with your resume or background if you are interested. Make sure to include your contact information. Please do not respond unless you are interested in this specific location.

photography
Old 12-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #73
2 Rivet Member

Livingston , Texas
We are working for Amazon.com this season (4th year, 1 in KS, 3 in KY). If based in GA, KY would be the logical choice to try it out. A word of warning tho': This is a warehouse and it is hard work. The require you to meet certain production goals and, in the 4 years we have been doing it, this year has seen a clear change (read: INCREASED) in what they are requiring of you AND performance expectations. THIS IS NOT a host job!

They are currently posting for 2013 positions so now is a good time to give it a try.

You also want to make sure you make your Campground reservations ASAP.

If you wait about two weeks from now, people will be leaving and you might get more "I ahte this job" responses. Standard of rule here is wait to decide until you are not so sore!
pattydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #74
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Tucson , Arizona
Nps

I have spent the last three summers working for the National Park Service as an Interpretive Ranger. I started working on my retirement plan during the last two years of my employment as a history teacher in the Arizona public schools. Through the Teacher- Ranger- Teacher program offered by the NPS, I got a chance to work during the summer break as an Interp Ranger at two different parks. After my retirement, and with that experience, I was hired by the NPS as a full-time seasonal Interp at Mesa Verde. Full time seasonals typically work anywhere from three to six months.
I live in the park in my Argosy and love this job. This may be an option for some. The NPS has three classifications of Rangers: Interp- leads tours and man the visitor centers. Experience in History, Biology, Geology, Anthropology, depending on the park, is helpful. Protection- Law Enforcement requires a Park Service Type II LE Certificate. Visitor Use- Collects fees and mans the entrance kiosks. Also sells merchandise in the visitor centers. Experience in finance, retail sales or high volume customer contact is helpful. Other jobs include maintenance, health techs, equipment operators and lifeguards.
Other Park jobs are in hospitality. The NPS has concessionaires who run the lodges and restaurants. Employees work for the concessionaire. One of the big ones is AAMARK. There are others, so check out the park that interests you.
There is a very large sub-culture of people who work one park in the summer, and then go south and work another park in the winter.
It's not for everyone, but if you love people and the challenge of mastering the information needed for the job, its alot of fun.
Oh, and did I mention that you get to live in your AS in places others can only dream about?
For more info, contact: usajobs.gov and type in NPS in "What".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18secondstopCP.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	478.5 KB
ID:	179930  
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote