Old 06-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Classic
yakima , Washington
Two Airs - 2012

Our 27FB came with two airs but we would have preferred one air with a fantastic fan in the bedroom. After being in hot weather this week, we now understand that two airs are very nice to have. When we are at the table we run the bedroom air and when in the bedroom we run the one in the main part of the trailer. It was the first time in hot weather, we also appreciate the large awning.

We are enjoying the Airstream,
Mike

Old 06-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2012 31' Classic
Visalia , California
Good to know. Our 31' came with the dual air. We have not hit hot weather in it yet. I think the toughest thing is that darn 50AMP cable. That thing is a beast especially in cold weather!

I have purchased a slew of 50amp connections for 30amp and 15amp connections. Also a right angle connector so that cable is not sticking straight out of the side of the trailer.

Do you have the largish square exhaust fan in the bathroom or the small popup circular type? We have the square one that is pretty close to a Fantastic Fan size and I am thinking of replacing one there so I am back to dual Fantastic Fan's and better flow through ventilation.

Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
Visalia, CA (between Fresno & Bakersfield)
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: http://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: http://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandg View Post
Our 27FB came with two airs but we would have preferred one air with a fantastic fan in the bedroom. After being in hot weather this week, we now understand that two airs are very nice to have. When we are at the table we run the bedroom air and when in the bedroom we run the one in the main part of the trailer. It was the first time in hot weather, we also appreciate the large awning.

We are enjoying the Airstream,
Mike
We do the same thing with the air conditioners because they are loud. The surround sound system has to be used to overcome the air conditioner. The TV speakers aren't loud enough with the loud a/c running. The ducted air in our previous other brand trailer was not as loud, but the sound system in that trailer was garbage.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic S/O
Banning , California
Thumbs up dual a/c's & Fantastic fans

I have a 30' Classic w/slide and Rod at C & G trailer in bellflower, ca. installed a 13.5 penguin in the bedroom and moved the ff forward and replaced the small circular bathroom fan. The fantastic fan fits perfectly between the bedroom and bath. We now have two a/c units and two fantastic fans and everything works great ! He ran the bedroom a/c unit on its own circuit out to the rear streetside of the trailer. When we are going to use both a/c units we plug the electric cord into a 50 amp circuit at the rv park and it t's off into to 2 30amp pigtails works really great and solves any cooling of the trailer in rapid fashion.
If there's a will, Rod will find a way !
chip
Old 06-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster View Post
I have a 30' Classic w/slide and Rod at C & G trailer in bellflower, ca. installed a 13.5 penguin in the bedroom and moved the ff forward and replaced the small circular bathroom fan. The fantastic fan fits perfectly between the bedroom and bath. We now have two a/c units and two fantastic fans and everything works great ! He ran the bedroom a/c unit on its own circuit out to the rear streetside of the trailer. When we are going to use both a/c units we plug the electric cord into a 50 amp circuit at the rv park and it t's off into to 2 30amp pigtails works really great and solves any cooling of the trailer in rapid fashion.
If there's a will, Rod will find a way !
chip
Now I know where to put a second fantastic fan. Thanks for the post.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2012 30' Classic
Homosassa , Florida
We live in Florida and having had two Airstreams prior to our 30' Classic, we appreciate the dual air conditioners. Our 25' could never cool during summer daytime because it just could not handle the heat load. I would agree the 50A cable is stiff in the winter but the 50 Amp service sure keeps the breakers from popping when cooking on electric grills, brewing coffee and running the A/C. We have used our fan a few times but the A/C or heat pump almost always.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #7
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
Currently in hot weather myself. In a 2013 25' Cloud and I am finding that the main part of the trailer is cool but the back bedroom is 5-10 degrees hotter. The noise does get old. Thankfully it has been cooling down at night. What I am doing now is AC running, front Fantastic fan closed and off while I manually open the rear Fantastic Fan just enough so that the fan would come on. This seems to help in sucking some of the cooler air up front to the back of the trailer.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #8
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Removed FF, braced and covered hole. Added cross brace to support rear of new rear Penguin 13.5.

Cut new hole (anathema to do to our AS) but had to, about 6 inches ahead of rib. I would have preferred to install close to hallway skylight but it would not be centered on roof.

We then added/converter to 50 AMP. Oh, wow!

We ran electric oven, my wife's hair dryer, curling iron, water heater, etc. no flinch!!!!

cwf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 classic, 2013 classic