Old 09-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
Sliding bathroom door

Our 2013 31’ Classic has a sliding door for the bathroom...the screws that hold it up to the ceiling have come out and the door and upper frame and track has dropped down...Do these screws go into the upper frame or just into the thin skin...?.the front seems good, the rear has fallen down...i t looks like a pood design to me..

tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2012 31' Classic
Austin , Texas
Same thing happened to us. I believe it just goes to the skin. I put in about 4 screws in the back part of it and it seems to be working now. I predrilled the holes to help.

The other thing I have been fighting is the walls separating from the side of the trailer. I am addressing it with some extra fastening. I will cover it in my blog when I get there.

Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
On the road!
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: https://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: https://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:15 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by casarodante View Post
Same thing happened to us. I believe it just goes to the skin. I put in about 4 screws in the back part of it and it seems to be working now. I predrilled the holes to help.

The other thing I have been fighting is the walls separating from the side of the trailer. I am addressing it with some extra fastening. I will cover it in my blog when I get there.
I am sad to hear that the door assembly is hanging from the ceiling...especially from just the interior skin.....go back to 13 Classic..my wall kept comming apart...actually pulling apart...the beam which holds the sliding curtain was at fault...I removed it....it was 1/2” too short...the closet wall is solid and the shower wall isn’t so it got pulled out...reglued and brad nailed it..installed a spacer on the beam closet end..rescrewed and doing good..also found out the Atwood stove is junk..burners have all fallen apart, not happy with it
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote