Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
Jackson Center Rocks!

Just got home from my third visit to Jackson Center in the past year. I had several warranty issues and of course some custom work done. Each time I visit, I come away with greater respect for everyone at the service center. First to the warranty issues: Entry door needed a little tweaking to get it to fit just right, bedroom air conditioner drain had a kink in it, leaking bathroom faucet had to be replaced, replaced cracked screen door latch, curbside solar wrap had two small stress cracks and was replaced, replaced rear bumper because of factory buff marks, had to replace section of underbelly wrap above dump valves because a drill bit was lodged in outrigger and poked a hole through wrap from the inside, replaced belt line molding due to bubble in chrome, had to adjust cedar panel in wardrobe. Now to the custom work: Replaced wooden tops on bedroom night stands with Corian tops like 2017's have, had Wine Gard road trip satellite dome installed on roof, installed 2 Dish Wally receivers (one with DVR feature) and four way splitter for blue ray and satellite, all mounted above blue ray, had clear glass entry door window and frame manufactured by production and installed in place of frosted glass in entry door. Brad, the service manager (my buddy) was great as usual. Kevin, the shop foreman (who loves to give me a hard time) really came through on getting the new door glass made. Lester, the primary technician who had never worked on my unit before was outstanding, very professional, efficient and neat. Would let him work on my unit anytime. Garrett, who also worked on my unit for the first time, was great, very professional and neat. I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Bob Wheeler (the big wheel) who was a very cordial gentleman. Met a lot of nice people in the Terra Port and lounge. Anyone that is having issues that their dealer can't handle should definitely make the trip to Jackson Center, Ohio where the Airstream experts reside. Once again all my thanks to everyone at JC!
Old 10-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Thank you, excellant post. So nice to hear positive comments instead of the negative rants so common these days.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:54 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Thanks for sharing the positive news!
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2018 Nissan Armada SL Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Agree, our 2017 was in last week. Alde fluid not in the system and no heat. We were given several choices to correct by National Service Manager - Daniel and opted to visit the plant as we never had. System purged and fluid in, that night heat system was simply amazing.

We also had some shorts fixed and the front entry door was out and repair took quite a while. Lester did our work as well - terrific guy, very efficient and neat and VERY careful to make sure all repairs were done to my satisfaction.

We have the Dish Traveler on our unit, but despite numerous efforts could not get the Wally to work, so we have the 211z. Easy to use and brings in even weak signals.

Great place and terrific customer service.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:42 PM   #5
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Good to hear! We're on our way to the Mothership spa for Anabelle... She needs some adjustments & minor massage... Looking forward to the trip and meeting the crew at Airstream!
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:29 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Lorton , Virginia
Sounds like a good experience. Could you say how much the clear entry door window upgrade costs? That seems like something I would be interested in.

On a separate note, anyone ever replace the foam in the dinette seats? I'm not sure if the stock foam is up to the task of long term use/comfort and may have the seats re-done with high quality memory foam etc.
Zybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #7
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Zybane YMMV but I have worked from my 2015 8-10 hours per day this year and last for about 150 each year. I find them to be just fine. But butts do vary
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:35 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybane View Post
Sounds like a good experience. Could you say how much the clear entry door window upgrade costs? That seems like something I would be interested in.

On a separate note, anyone ever replace the foam in the dinette seats? I'm not sure if the stock foam is up to the task of long term use/comfort and may have the seats re-done with high quality memory foam etc.
Zybane, where is Lorton at by the way? The price on the new window and frame was $469.00. They actually made that at the plant for me and then hand-bucked all the new rivets in the frame. Tomorrow I am having my "tint guy" install a 10% tint on it before I store it for about six months.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:03 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Lorton , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes755 View Post
Zybane YMMV but I have worked from my 2015 8-10 hours per day this year and last for about 150 each year. I find them to be just fine. But butts do vary
Has the foam compressed/deformed at all and has the seat covering shifted/wrinkled at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Zybane, where is Lorton at by the way? The price on the new window and frame was $469.00. They actually made that at the plant for me and then hand-bucked all the new rivets in the frame. Tomorrow I am having my "tint guy" install a 10% tint on it before I store it for about six months.
That's not a bad price at all.
Zybane is offline   Reply With Quote