Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2015, 10:48 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Very exciting congrats. Please keep us posted on how the shake down goes and others have said..... Pictures.....

Travel safe

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 09-02-2015, 06:32 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Gainesville , Virginia
Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful adventure planned - travel safely and don't forget to post about your travels along the way, your fellow Virginians would love that!
Two To Tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:56 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncook View Post
Perhaps you should have a small gun. But not in Mexico or Canada. Do NOT have a shell in the chamber and keep it in holster.
Hey John, I carry a Big Gun, "A 45" after all, I am The Duke! My Dear Wife carrys too. Legally I might add. So I think we have that department "covered."
Old 09-02-2015, 07:16 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbjason View Post
Stoked for you ! Im getting ready to head up to Portland VIA Huntington beach for 10 days in my 20'AS 2015 My wife and i are super excited. What is the benefit of Nitrogen in the tires?
There are a few advantages to nitrogen. It leaks out thru the tire at a rate of about four times less than air. Not a big deal for someone like me who checks their pressure religiously, good for people who do not. Since the pressure is correct for a longer period of time it is possible you may get better fuel mileage and better tire wear. The nitrogen also runs cooler so therefore it builds up less pressure during use. It also reduces the ammount of moisture in the tire which can lead to less corrosion of the wheel. Sprint Cup cars have used nitrogen for years, as well as many other types of racing. You will find that this is an issue with many differing opinions, like most. I guess one of the main reasons I have it in all my vehicles is for the road side and tire warranty. That alone was worth the $10.00 per tire, for me.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:21 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Pictures!
Pictures!
Pictures!
I can't afford a new one, but I got 16" wheels ordered for mine. The wheels should be here tomorrow.
Then our trailers will have something in common.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Thank You everyone for the congratulations! I have been soo busy trying to get ready for our big trip that I haven't taken one picture. I promise that I will just as soon as I get a few minutes. Friday morning is the big lift off day!
Old 09-02-2015, 10:32 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Here she is!

I will try and attach a few photos I shot this morning.

I can't get the pictures to upload? Once it says the file is too large and then it says the upload failed. Any tips?
Old 09-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
sounds like the file is just to large. Run the image through some type of app that will reduce it in size. Then try again to upload
Old 09-02-2015, 12:31 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Try again.
9 pictures (or is it 11?) then post.
9 more pictures then post again.
Facebook will only allow 4 phots at a time (or do I have that backwards?).
Anyway, you should be able to upload one at a time up to a certain number then upload more in another post.
Pictures of the inside please. We all know what the outside looks like-

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Livingston , Texas
2016 Classic with shades of lemon

I too just got a 2016 Classic, about 2 weeks ago. Sounds like yours is off to a better start than mine. The door latch fell off while still at the dealer's - they had drilled several times in the same place and the hole was too big. They also didn't have a 2nd set of keys, they said they'd order them. When I got it to the campground, about 30 miles away, I saw that the lights over the couch were on and couldn't find a switch to turn them off. 'Called the dealer, they didn't know. 'Called Airstream customer service the following morning and left a message. Called back several hours later and was told they had received the message, had to "research it" and would call me back. They never did, so I called the service department on Monday (my original pickup was on a Thursday) and they acknowledged that the switch labeled "not in use" was the one that should have been wired to the lights. They said they didn't have any appointment openings until October and I said I didn't want to have the lights on continually till then, so the said they could "squeeze" me in for an hour, no more, next week.

Multiple other problems: the connection where the dealer installed the under the sink filter was spritzing water and I didn't notice it until the awning got stuck part way out and had to look under the sink for a circuit board (that I never found). I can't hardly express how PO'd I am about sustaining water damage in a brand new $120,000+ trailer. I'm very careful with my stuff and I don't know what's under there or just how much damage was done. Water was dripping out from underneath as the leak had been going on for a week. Again, there were more phone calls - this time to the awning folks, and finally I was able to get it back in so at least it can travel.

There are also latches that don't latch right because the weren't aligned correctly so they don't close. It's missing the metal loop that the window shade is supposed to hook on in the kitchen, and a cabinet light that doesn't turn off when the door is closed.....and I haven't even had time to go through all the systems yet due to my work schedule.

I just though I would be getting a superior product as per Airstream's stellar reputation; but, alas, it doesn't seem so. No doubt, I love it's well thought out design and am very happy with what it has to offer, I just expected better attention to detail, better workmanship, and certainly that it would not have a leak at delivery.

I should send this to some high mucky muck in the company, but who?

Thanks for letting me vent.
Amaranto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:19 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Finally some Pictures!

Well, I seem to have finally been able to resize the pictures from my digital camera and have posted them in my gallery. Thanks for all the inquiries.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:41 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
DUKE!!! I am so excited for you! I have been wondering if you had ever picked up a unit! You are going to love, love, love it! We are leaving tomorrow - just heading over to Sarasota, FL (about an hour away) to camp for Labor Day weekend. I can't get there quick enough. We keep ours in a covered storage area and truly - as sick as this is, I have to go visit it from time to time! Have fun, I am so excited for you. I know you and your better half are going to have a great time! Safe travels! We will look forward to the photos of how your made it your own!

Laura & Tom
Old 09-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax gal View Post
DUKE!!! I am so excited for you! I have been wondering if you had ever picked up a unit! You are going to love, love, love it! We are leaving tomorrow - just heading over to Sarasota, FL (about an hour away) to camp for Labor Day weekend. I can't get there quick enough. We keep ours in a covered storage area and truly - as sick as this is, I have to go visit it from time to time! Have fun, I am so excited for you. I know you and your better half are going to have a great time! Safe travels! We will look forward to the photos of how your made it your own!

Laura & Tom

Yicks I can relate to this visiting thing...... We are lucky in that we get to store or unit right on our yard in a heated shop. That said, I went looking for my wife a few days ago and finally found her curled up in the trailer inside the shop. What can I say, it's a really quite comfortable place to have a nap.......lol

Cheers
Doug

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 09-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto View Post
I too just got a 2016 Classic, about 2 weeks ago. Sounds like yours is off to a better start than mine. The door latch fell off while still at the dealer's - they had drilled several times in the same place and the hole was too big. They also didn't have a 2nd set of keys, they said they'd order them. When I got it to the campground, about 30 miles away, I saw that the lights over the couch were on and couldn't find a switch to turn them off. 'Called the dealer, they didn't know. 'Called Airstream customer service the following morning and left a message. Called back several hours later and was told they had received the message, had to "research it" and would call me back. They never did, so I called the service department on Monday (my original pickup was on a Thursday) and they acknowledged that the switch labeled "not in use" was the one that should have been wired to the lights. They said they didn't have any appointment openings until October and I said I didn't want to have the lights on continually till then, so the said they could "squeeze" me in for an hour, no more, next week.

Multiple other problems: the connection where the dealer installed the under the sink filter was spritzing water and I didn't notice it until the awning got stuck part way out and had to look under the sink for a circuit board (that I never found). I can't hardly express how PO'd I am about sustaining water damage in a brand new $120,000+ trailer. I'm very careful with my stuff and I don't know what's under there or just how much damage was done. Water was dripping out from underneath as the leak had been going on for a week. Again, there were more phone calls - this time to the awning folks, and finally I was able to get it back in so at least it can travel.

There are also latches that don't latch right because the weren't aligned correctly so they don't close. It's missing the metal loop that the window shade is supposed to hook on in the kitchen, and a cabinet light that doesn't turn off when the door is closed.....and I haven't even had time to go through all the systems yet due to my work schedule.

I just though I would be getting a superior product as per Airstream's stellar reputation; but, alas, it doesn't seem so. No doubt, I love it's well thought out design and am very happy with what it has to offer, I just expected better attention to detail, better workmanship, and certainly that it would not have a leak at delivery.

I should send this to some high mucky muck in the company, but who?

Way to throw cold water on someone else's parade. Shame on you!
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
The duke. Hope you have many wonderful camping trips. Have a positive outlook and any negatives will seem insignificant. You've done well. Enjoy yourself.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:51 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
How do you use TapaTalk?

I finally got my camera to work on my photos, now I can't get my phone to work. When I try to use the forum, a message comes up on my Samsung that says this forum does not support TapaTalk. I know I'm not tech savy, but what gives?
Old 09-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Hmm...
Are the photos stored on the phone?
Are you using the mobile app?
Within a post you should be able to touch an icon that looks like a camera and then choose a photo to upload.
At least that's how it is on iPhone and iPad.
Are the photos stored on a PC or Mac?
From the regular desktop Airforums page you should be able to click "Go Advanced" and add photos from your computer.
You got me.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #37
1 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB International
Corvallis, Oregon , Oregon
We just bought our first one too. a 23 FB International...have been madly reading all the forums, manuals etc. I feel like we've adopted a child. There is so much to learn....fortunately my husband worked in electronics and knows stuff about plumbing....I know nothing, but, think I'm up for the challenge. I have named "her"...airstreams are all female aren't they. Dora will be coming home in just a few weeks....reading these forums daily. Thanks to everyone who make it easier for Newbies.
Normam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:11 AM   #38
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normam View Post
We just bought our first one too. a 23 FB International...have been madly reading all the forums, manuals etc. I feel like we've adopted a child. There is so much to learn....fortunately my husband worked in electronics and knows stuff about plumbing....I know nothing, but, think I'm up for the challenge. I have named "her"...airstreams are all female aren't they. Dora will be coming home in just a few weeks....reading these forums daily. Thanks to everyone who make it easier for Newbies.
And congrats to you as well. Yes they are all females! That's what makes them so appealing to us men folk!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #39
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Nelson428
Congratulations to everyone ! Those new units are super nice.

ENJOY !!

J Nelson
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Nelson428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:15 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto View Post
When I got it to the campground, about 30 miles away, I saw that the lights over the couch were on and couldn't find a switch to turn them off. 'Called the dealer, they didn't know. 'Called Airstream customer service the following morning and left a message. Called back several hours later and was told they had received the message, had to "research it" and would call me back. They never did, so I called the service department on Monday (my original pickup was on a Thursday) and they acknowledged that the switch labeled "not in use" was the one that should have been wired to the lights.
Just to let you know we've had the same issue with several overhead locker lights staying on occasionally in our 2016 Classic. There is no external switch. The issue in our case is that they used sticky rubber bumpers on the cabinet doors to push in the plungers on the switches mounted to the cabinet frames and the bumpers eventually shift and then can't push the plungers. I have relocated or replaced 3 or 4 rubber bumpers so far. Eventually I will engineer a more permanent solution myself.

Other that that you are free to vent - you did spend a large chunk of change on your Classic.

We have had more issues than we expected so far on our 2016 Classic, but still love this trailer. We will continue to have the Airstream Service Center address the bigger issues. I am sure we will eventually get it dialed in.

EDIT: On second read of your message, are you talking about the overhead locker lights or the reading lights? Our reading lights are turned on or off by pressing the lenses. There are similarly styled lights that use an external switch over the kitchen counter and the dinette. Is it possible they installed the wrong type of lights without the built in switches over your couch?
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote