Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2011 - 2015 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Austin , Texas
Changing out ZipDee control board

Any quick instructions on changing out the control board in a 2016 Classic? I also want to add a separate power disconnect switch so the awning doesn't unfurl while driving down the road. Any tips/instructions on both of these are appreciated. I know the general area where the control board will be, but haven't looked specifically how I access it to remove, unplug, etc. Thx in advance. We got the trailer a year ago and I just received a new board from ZipDee with the latest control software on it. Originally I didn't want the powered version, but it is quite convenient since I almost never leave the awning out when not there.
caseywsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

. , Ohio
The control board will likely be on the floor of the unit under the galley.
To install a switch to disconnect power, you simply need to splice in to the 12V feed that goes to the small 2 pin connector on the control board, run your power to the switch and then the switch leg back to the positive side of that 2 pin connector.
Zip dee does have a control switch that has your awning controls and an on/off switch on it.
jallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:48 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
You might try calling JC and asking for the electric schematic for your unit. We have a 2017 Classic and I got them to send me the electric as well as the plumbing schematics. The customer service representative sent them over via email within an hour or so. Very pleasant and helpful as well. Or if you have not been to the factory take a run and have them do it. Great tour, nice place to camp and we had a good experience with their service technicians.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote