Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2016, 09:12 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
Back From Jackson Center 2!

Well, I just got back from my second trip to JC last Friday. I went up on Memorial Day and the guys got me in Tuesday.... actually a day early, thanks to Brad and Kevin. I had several warranty issues and a few extra changes that I wanted done, as I continue with my "personal touches." The two main warranty problems were, a ill fitting entry door and a squeaky bathroom floor. I also had several smaller issues. The entry door has been a problem since we picked the trailer up last August. I had the trailer at JC last October for the door and some other warranty issues, plus some custom work, but no one could seem to get the door right. This time I requested a new door or have mine fixed to my satisfaction. Sure enough, there was a new door sitting in the shop Tuesday morning. However, Dan looked at my door and said that he saw about four things wrong with my door and that he would like a chance to adjust my door and we agreed that if he could not adjust the door to my satisfaction, they would then install the new door. Dan worked on my door for a couple of hours and then he wanted me to see if it now met my expectations? Sure enough it did! Thank you Dan! The bathroom floor repair, required that the holding tanks be dropped, which is quite a job. Brent done a fine job on this as well as some other issues, no more squeak! Darren also helped Dan on the door, as well as some other warranty issues and also installed two new Maxim skylights for me. I had Tanner wash and wax my trailer, with some help from Keaton. Fine job men! I know that I have left some people out that helped make this a satisfying experience and I hope that I got every ones name correct? If not, please forgive me. A special thanks to Brad, the service manager for making everything go as smooth as possible! Now were getting ready for a three week long trip.....with a proper fitting door and no more squeaky floor!
Old 06-06-2016, 01:35 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Columbus , Ohio
Interesting. In general, are they receptive to your issues or do the offer pushback (make you feel an issue was unreasonable)? I have the bent door as well. Just curious what the mood/climate is there. I have another 10 things on my list - one of which would require access to the tanks.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:07 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4506 View Post
Interesting. In general, are they receptive to your issues or do the offer pushback (make you feel an issue was unreasonable)? I have the bent door as well. Just curious what the mood/climate is there. I have another 10 things on my list - one of which would require access to the tanks.
Jeff; Everyone there is very professional, making you happy and taking care of any issues that you may have is their #1 priority! I had several small issues as well as the two larger ones that I mentioned previously and when I left they had all been taken care of. Chris Burch is the service writer and Brad Herring is the service manager. Both are great guys! All the guys in the shop are great and respectful of any concerns that you may have. They always try and have your trailer back together each evening, if at all possible, so that you can stay in it each night at their terra-port. Full hookups and its free! While your there you can also take a tour of the factory if you have never done so? They are busy, especially this time of year. You need to make an appointment well in advance. Hope this helps?
Old 06-07-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Columbus , Ohio
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I've worked with Chris last year on my Safari. This will be my first in-warranty visit so just testing the waters. I'm about an hour from the factory - haven't done the tour since Feb 2015 and at that time they were in the middle of expanding the factory. I'm anxious to see the factory floor changes. I think the reason my Classic has so many issues is because it was assembled in the midst of the big expansion.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2012 30' Classic
Wildwood , Missouri
Jackson Center Service Department

We too were at Alumapalooza and we had a tire that had tread separation on our trip up there. We were going to replace our tires with 16 inch rims and Michelin tires soon anyway, but this situation hastened our decision. The service center was able to sell me 4 tire assemblies with new 16 inch rims and the Michelin tires we wanted all balance and everything for about $1000 cheaper that what our Airstream dealer quoted us. Very nice folks even with the craziness of Alumapalooza going on.
kswelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:55 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Barrie , Ontario
On my way from London ON to Berwick LA last Dec 29 my trailer door came open and the panels were separated from the door lock to the top, I got it closed and locked and stopped in at JC it was my first visit. It was after dark when I got there and the security guard told me were to park and also that everything was shut down till Jan 4th ! The next morning I decided to talk to a different security guard and she said she would try to "shake something up" about 1/2 hr later there was 4 guys at my trl to fix the door! It was cold and they did all the work where I was parked the 2 young men who worked on the door did a wonderful job reshaping it by hand and riveting the panels together, I was on my way before noon and they didn't charge me a cent.
Bev1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:12 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Montgomery , Florida
Jackson Center

Was there last May for minor work all were great and tour was wonderful,these folks love their jobs.
Grateful2 is offline   Reply With Quote