Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2016, 05:04 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslieotr View Post
Yikes!!!!! I was a little afraid of that. I live in Texas so going back to "redeliver" is not a happy option. My mom lives in Palm City so was going to camp 2 nights near Orlando RV (any suggestions? ) and take it back to them to fix, if needed, while I visited for a few days with my mom.

I don't know of the Alde mixing valve fix- where can I find info on it? Do I need to watch them install the hitch and read the directions to them? I will not be happy if it is not right. Any other things that stand out to watch out for? Thank you so, so much. Always good to know what you should be prepared for. And I will just keep breathing.

Hope your AS gets all fixed up and you have many happy years of camping experiences in it.

Go to the Airstream Knowledge Base tab, then the Classic tab, then the 2011-2015 tab, then in the search box type in Alde Mixing Valve Service Bulletin. You will find lengthy discussions concerning this issue in several threads. Be sure to take that with you and verify it has been installed. Call them before your unit arrives. My understanding is the later production models may already have installed from the factory. My advice; read every thread relating to the 2017 Classic available on this forum. Proved absolutely invaluable when taking delivery and in making our first few nights camping a pleasure. In some cases, thanks to these forums I literally knew more than the dealer.
If you can get in the Disney campground is awesome...expensive but might be worth it for a couple of easy nights and it is only about 30 minutes from Orlando RV.

Name:   ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1480679872.971740.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  61.5 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1480679893.239149.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  70.2 KB
Old 06-10-2019, 06:59 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Zionsville , Indiana
Installing on a 2005 Classic. Gas Line runs along the bottom of A frame with a fitting (rubber to copper) right where I need to put the frame bracket. Are the copper lines flexible at all? Any suggestion on how to reroute?
rpenczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
2017 AS Classic 30 and ProPride P3 Install

I had to remove a small support clamp on the copper line and gently hand bend it down just enough to slip in the jack base u-bolt on the curbside of the A-frame.

I didn’t replace the support clamp. The copper line is smoothly bent so it clears the U-volt and will not chafe on it.

No biggie.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote