Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
2015 Classic preview

Airstream of Spokane's Facebook page has previews of 2015 Airstreams including the 2015 Classic with cherry cabinets and ducted AC.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
ASinmyFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
Aluminitus Carrier

1968 26' Overlander
south lake tahoe , California
Send a message via Skype™ to lovingtahoe
A full youtube sneak peek

WBCCI - #4066 / Sierra Nevada Unit 157
TAC - # CA-9
South Lake Tahoe, California
lovingtahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #3
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
I have heard that the 31 is not going to be updated. Any truth to this? I really prefer the 31 with the free standing table, but the cherry is so much nicer than the hickory.

Sent from my HTCONE using Airstream Forums mobile app

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 31' Classic
Golden Valley , Arizona
I too like the 31' (so much we got one!). I do miss the possibility of putting in individual chairs in place of the couch. But the selling point for me was the bathroom all on one side of the trailer (like our old 25') which then gives us a much larger wardrobe!

Now might be the time to go out and get a 2014!
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
On the road!
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: https://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: https://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
There is no longer a 31 and there is no longer a 28.

The only floor plan is 30 foot.
RVDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #6
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
That kind of stinks. I like the all in one bathroom and the larger wardrobe as well. It looks better for full-timing, which is what we will be doing. I guess we will have to wait until the January Florida RV Supershow so we can check out the 2015 30 in person and then decide whether to go for it or find a 2014 31 on sale.

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:21 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
In the June 2014 issue of the Blue Beret, Justin Humphreys says..

Quote:
The dealer meeting is also our opportunity to launch our new 2015 models. Because you will get this newsletter
after the dealer meeting, I would like to share with you what we are launching at our dealer meeting. For our
Interstate touring van, we are introducing a new floor plan called the Grand Tour. This layout is an “RV friendly”
layout that has been developed to appeal to customers who want to camp in their Interstate more and need the
added storage, cooking space, bigger refrigerator, etc. This floor plan was developed as a result of the club’s
feedback on a van that offered more camping amenities than our current line-up. We are excited about this new
layout and you will begin to see them at dealerships in the month of August.
At the dealer meeting, we are launching the biggest structural change to our travel trailers since the wide body
was introduced in the 1990’s. For all travel trailer floor plans of 25 ft. and longer, we are now including ducted
air conditioning as standard equipment! The new system has reduced the noise level nearly in half and increased
the efficiency of the system by leaps and bounds. As many of you know, we launched this feature in the Land
Yacht last year. The feedback was so positive on the Land Yacht, we decided to launch it on all of our wide body
trailers which included 25 ft. and larger models. The new ducted air conditioning models will begin landing at
our dealerships in May. So make sure you check one out soon!
The other major introduction at the dealer meeting is the completely redesigned Classic travel trailer. We left
nothing untouched. This trailer got a complete makeover - new flooring, new interior aluminum skin, new Cherry
glazed cabinets, new furniture, ducted AC, power stabilizer jacks, upgraded electronics, new tail lights and many
more updates! We even included a power bed that will allow you to sit up and read at the push of a button! This
is the biggest change in Classic we have ever had and I am thrilled to get our dealers feedback on this product. We
will have a new Classic at the International rally in Wyoming and meaningful production will begin in August.
You should start to see inventory land at our dealers in August. The new Classic is being offered initially with
one floor plan, a revised 30 ft. model.
There are other changes we are going to introduce at the dealer meeting, but the list is too long to include here.
I encourage you to get with your local dealer to get the full recap and keep your eyes on our website for further
updates.
Damon
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:32 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 31' Classic
Golden Valley , Arizona
In reading this information it appears the 'new' Classic is only offered in the 30'. Might this imply that the 'old' Classics are still available? That would be how I read it...
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
On the road!
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: https://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: https://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:21 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
No, it was announced that the classic is only going to have one floor plan in 30'. All other sizes and floor plans were discontinued.
RVDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:49 AM   #10
ShinyPete

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Bushnell , Florida
So having a 2014 Flying Cloud 27fb I immediately wonder..........can we modify our A/C to a ducted system?

Airstream is certainly not changing ceiling heights or anything Ike that so why not? The ducted A/C like our Dutchstar pusher had is probably the one thing we miss the most on our Pete.

This possibility gives me a new dream topic!
ShinyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:00 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
There is some conversation that there may be both a 25' and 27' Classic later in the model year.

Note that the cabinets in the new Classic are a base wood like Alder with a Cherry stain. At least in the prior year Classics, the wood was Hickory and it was Hickory, not a stain. Another cheapening of the unit and a simple ding will show a light colored wood under the stain. Dents in the Hickory were not apparent.

If one takes their trailer back to Jackson Center with a bottomless money supply in their checking account, the factory service center can do anything to your trailer.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:34 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
The classic has never turned me on - but I like this one pretty well. I was never crazy about the hickory wood, but the darker cherry that is just stain... Well if you're gonna STAIN wood, why not offer two or three different stains?

The recliner sofa appeals to me, but it's a one sleeper which might not be great for others. (Heck lets face it, if you can afford a 30 Classic, you've probably only had one or two kids and they've left the nest!)

I too would prefer a freestanding table - it's just more flexible - but I'd probably rip out the front bench and replace it with two chairs and be perfectly happy. Even if the front bench could adjustable fore and aft by six inches it would make the table a much more efficient work area for computing/hobbies & crafts like sewing, etc.

I noticed and liked the 3 stage table lift - and my biggie has always been that if you use a computer, etc, then an adjustable table height is a big deal.

Now why didn't the video SHOW the shower or closet? Irksome.

DID approve of the window treatments, especially effective on the wraparound windows.... Bucket full of money & a trip to Jackson Center.... I might consider replacing the curtains in my bedroom with... Well how BIG a bucket full?

Want to look at the walls and ceiling a bit more too, is it all bare aluminum or just in the kitchen area? In the dead of winter I could appreciate the vinyl walls and ceiling in the bedroom.

Ducted A/C changeout - I'm betting $5K.

Well back to the real world now.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #13

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Ducted air is the only feature of our SOB that I miss.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #14
Chief Chili Cook

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
I'm wondering who makes those small USB charging outlets. That would be simple to install where you can tap into a nearby light's 12v power.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:33 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
le mars , Iowa
USB outlets

We picked up a couple at Home Depot...but I am sure they are 120v....not familiar with AS wiring..maybe you can use there too...unless they make 12v as we'll...
iowaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:17 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
I installed one of these in the twin bed nightstand in place of the factory outlet.. These will NOT fit into the 1.5" walls of an Airstream. There is choice of either a 15 amp and 20 amp plug outlet with two USB charging ports.

The Airstream outlets make cheap Leviton outlets look like Military Spec.

Newer Technology Power2U Dual Socket USB Wall Outlet
Attached Images

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
Old 06-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Seattle , Washington
New Classic

Here's what the factory says ($20 K in improvements/changes):

· 16 inch Michelin wheels now standard

· Ducted AC

· Power stabilizer jacks

· Upgraded cherry cabinetry

· Power tilt up bed

· New Villa furniture with a power recliner feature

· Upgraded window treatments for improved privacy and increased designer element

· Upgraded counter tops

· Upgraded Villa booth

· Stainless steel covers on all appliance access points on the exterior

· Self-closing drawer glides and soft closing cabinet hinges

· Upgraded memory foam bed mattress with two inch think pillow top

· Added a safe under the bed

· USB charging stations were added

· Tip out hamper storage added

· Kohler faucets added throughout along with a Kohler stainless steel sink

· Upgraded residential looking oven

· Updated aluminum cast taillight assembly
vito98103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
OK, let's be fair. What was the increase in the overall lineup? Subtract that from 20k and then parse it out. We do know aluminum has skyrocketed....etc. Still pretty stout for some of the items.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:48 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
I read on a dealer's website that the new Classic's base price is $120K+. Can some one verify that? If so, maybe I'll advertise our now extinct and exceedingly rare 31D for $150K.

There are some things I like about the new ones, but some of the trim design "improvements" leave me cold. I'm glad we bought ours before the upgrades.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:54 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
Upgraded alder wood cabinets with cherry stain, so scratches will show ....