Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #113
Don't forget your cat nap
 
Ag&Au's Avatar
 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,464
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
I like the use of more aluminum, LED lighting, ducted air, no mouse fur, no wallpaper, no padded vinyl headliner-but that's about it.
My list is shorter, I like the mouse fur and headliner, and don't care for exposed aluminum in the interior.

Ken
__________________

__________________
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #114
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,406
Images: 5
Yes, AS noted some good things, like stainless covers, etc. BUT, if you add up all the stuff they added, look at the MSRP, and compare to upgrading an older Classic, you are paying at least 50% more as a factory install than a DIY upgrade. NOT a good value.
__________________

__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #115
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,406
Images: 5
I also wonder, If the ribs are still on the "lower level" of the roof structure.....where do you walk/sit to work on stuff? I don't see any rivet lines. What is the structure below the white roof and the ribs?
__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #116
BAB
Rivet Master
 
BAB's Avatar

 
2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,574
I ordered a '15 Classic on Monday. I first saw it at Alumapalooza, and (of course) noticed that those trailers with ducted air had this "phenomenon." While sleek might be nice, this particular design factor is (to me) inconsequential compared with what has been created inside this trailer. Is there a tradeoff for looking at the underside of my current Dometic AC which is pretty unattractive, but functional -- vs. a sleek interior ceiling and better distributed cool air and lower noise levels? I think so. Oh, and by the way, some of the same comments were made back in the late 60's when Boeing first rolled out the 747. GOSH! It has a hump instead of a sleek fuselage.
__________________
_________________
"SilverLeaf II" 2015 30' Classic
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 CC w/6.7L Cummins
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:58 PM   #117
Rivet Master
 
terryV's Avatar
 
2002 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
Monroe , Iowa
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 649
Well, diferent folks, diferent strokes. Personally, I like the oak wood and the counter tops in my "02 Classic a lot better than the new dyed wood. Bare aluminum interior walls don't do it for me either.

I guess I'll be keeping the old girl for quite a while. She feels like home to me.
__________________
terryV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #118
4 Rivet Member
 
Durango , Colorado
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
I ordered a '15 Classic on Monday. I first saw it at Alumapalooza, and (of course) noticed that those trailers with ducted air had this "phenomenon." While sleek might be nice, this particular design factor is (to me) inconsequential compared with what has been created inside this trailer. Is there a tradeoff for looking at the underside of my current Dometic AC which is pretty unattractive, but functional -- vs. a sleek interior ceiling and better distributed cool air and lower noise levels? I think so. Oh, and by the way, some of the same comments were made back in the late 60's when Boeing first rolled out the 747. GOSH! It has a hump instead of a sleek fuselage.
I agree BAB. To me the improved function and interior headroom is more of a positive than the 3" barely noticeable hump.

I understand that some probably are offended by a barely noticeable 3" hump and will never buy another modern Airstream, but I think those people are in the minority. New Airstreams are selling like hotcakes. My dealer told me this was a record year for Airstream sales and that the new 2015's are the most popular.

It is all just a matter of opinion when it comes to styling and personal preferences.
__________________
RVDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #119
Rivet Master
 
m.hony's Avatar
 
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryV View Post
Well, diferent folks, diferent strokes. Personally, I like the oak wood and the counter tops in my "02 Classic a lot better than the new dyed wood. Bare aluminum interior walls don't do it for me either.



I guess I'll be keeping the old girl for quite a while. She feels like home to me.

Yep.
What he said.
__________________
2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #120
Don't forget your cat nap
 
Ag&Au's Avatar
 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,464
Images: 1
Those of us who are 5'8" or less would have prefered the hump be placed on the inside. You tall guys always get stuff your way. Personally I think big people breath more than their share of the air.

Ken
__________________
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #121
Rivet Master
 
PharmGeek's Avatar

 
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Those of us who are 5'8" or less would have prefered the hump be placed on the inside. You tall guys always get stuff your way. Personally I think big people breath more than their share of the air.



Ken

Bigotry within the forums!! GASP!!!



Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
__________________
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”


PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #122
Don't forget your cat nap
 
Ag&Au's Avatar
 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,464
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
Bigotry within the forums!! GASP!!!



Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
No, in this case it is smallotry. That is excusable because it is caused by years of subjugation of the small (and sometimes even the average) by the large.

I confess to being a smallot.

Ken
__________________
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:36 PM   #123
Rivet Master
 
PharmGeek's Avatar

 
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,377
Walked into that one lol


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
__________________
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”


PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #124
4 Rivet Member
 
cory_can's Avatar
 
2015 30' Classic
Calgary , Alberta
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 359
2015 Classic preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
Walked into that one lol


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

...or was it that you "duct" into that one?

(let that one simmer for awhile)
__________________
'15 Classic
'16 Ram 2500HD CTD 4x4 Limited w/ Air and Ramboxes
Instagram: cory_can
cory_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #125
3 Rivet Member
 
Rawn77's Avatar
 
2017 30' Classic
Montreal , Quebec
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 211
Send a message via Skype™ to Rawn77
How dare you use common sense and logic. This is Air Forums!!!
__________________
Ron
Montreal, QC

2017 Classic
4 Flexible 100w Solar Panels
3000w Magnum Hybrid Inverter
1000 Amp Hours Lithium Battery
Honda EU3000
Drain Master Sewer Connection
2017 GMC Denali 2500 Duramax
Hensley
Rawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #126
Don't forget your cat nap
 
Ag&Au's Avatar
 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,464
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn77 View Post
How dare you use common sense and logic. This is Air Forums!!!
I'm not sure who that is directed to. However, since I've never been accused of that before, I guessing it's someone else.

Ken
__________________

__________________
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canopener 2015 Alumitater Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 969 02-11-2015 08:51 PM
2015 Classic Airstream RVDreamer Our Community 24 05-13-2014 02:57 AM
2015 Classic news Firedog1 Airstream Trailer Forums 7 01-06-2014 06:37 PM
how do you make post preview last longer? trucker101 Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info 6 04-19-2009 06:43 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.