Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2011 - 2015 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #381
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Yes, nice, but that should be the goal to produce EVERY model AS as close to perfect as they can get it!
Unfortunately that seems to be the
Attitude. When I sold for a GM/ Cadillac dealer the emphasis to please was showered on the Cadillac purchaser and not the lower priced cars when it probably took more resources from the lower earner to buy his ride than the Cadillac purchaser.
The thing is if the low end was treated as well as the top end then there might be even more repeat buying, and isn't that what sales is all about?

George
gandttimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:56 AM   #382
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Finally bit the bullet and ordered our Classic yesterday. Now the sleepless nights will start as I think about where everything should go and the fun trips we will be taking! So exciting!

Laura & Tom
Old 02-10-2015, 07:18 AM   #383
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax gal View Post
Finally bit the bullet and ordered our Classic yesterday. Now the sleepless nights will start as I think about where everything should go and the fun trips we will be taking! So exciting!

Laura & Tom

Congrats on your new Classic! How long does it take from order to pick up?

-Red, curiously curious...
Old 02-10-2015, 07:38 AM   #384
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
If you are retired, it is very educational to spend the time at Jackson Center and take the daily tours as your rig comes down the line. Take lots of photos before the inside skin goes on for future reference where wires and plumbing runs are located.

And you can point out flaws and see if they are addressed while you are there.

I caught that the wrong flooring was installed and saved the dealer from eating the coach since he failed to follow up and make sure the change order (signed off by the VP of production) was in fact on the shop floor work order.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:10 AM   #385
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Switz, good advise! I am not retired but my husband is, so...maybe he will be able to go - although I sure would love to jump on the wagon with him!! Red, it is supposed to be in Orlando at the dealership on April 20th.

Laura & Tom
Old 02-10-2015, 08:20 AM   #386
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
We ordered ours almost a month ago and ours is supposed to come out of production in Jackson Center on April 21 and be in Tampa the following week. I find it interesting that yours is arriving sooner, Laura.

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #387
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
I think my head would explode before it arrived... I'm not the best at waiting. Congrats again and hope to see y'all on the road with it someday!

-Red, too excitable...
Old 02-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #388
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
In most cases, dealers "purchase" building slots that get the last six digits of the VIN number assigned to it (this seems to be an ascending sequential number from looking at the assembly line). Until roughly a month out from the building start date, a dealer can change what is in that slot.

We had ordered a twin bed 27FB Classic in May 2013 with a mid January 2014 build date specified and had the VIN number about six weeks later in July. We changed our mind and went to a twin bed 31' Classic model 30 and a few letters changed in position 4 thru 11 of the VIN number. The six digit sequence number remained the same.

Thus going to a larger dealer who has many units on order can allow one to sneak in earlier to the build queue than a small dealer who places your order while you are sitting there. The factory was "sold out" six months (dealer orders), but an outfit like Colonial has stuff coming every month.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:48 AM   #389
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
Quote:

Laura & Tom
Way to go gal! I knew you could do it. Now you can get all your trips planned for the summer. I won't be getting mine until around June, I pulled back and am having my dealer wait and order a 2016. I was going to be within a couple of months so I decided to wait on a 16. I think that there may be a few changes and or options that I may like? I always like to buy at the beginning of the model year versus the end. My wife wasn't crazy about my decision, we planned on going out west in May. I told her that we could still go the first of September and get some short shake-down trips this summer, so I think she will be okay. Just so we make it out west this year. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:01 PM   #390
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I found the wait for my trailer to be AGONIZING. I occupied a lot of the time by thinking about what I would want to do to make it truly "mine"-- and having just sold my '12 28 Intl, I thought through what I liked, what I changed, how I changed it, and if I wanted to do the same or a better solution to improve an already very nice trailer. Then I started ordering all the stuff to make it happen. Now that my trailer is here, I'm having even more fun. I find it fascinating to see where the factory installed stuff, and how I'll be able to access each system. Today, I found out that if you remove the rear dinette seat, you'll have perfect access to the rear of the outside shower, the main power cable inlet, a LOT of wiring, the side of the fridge compartment, and the part of the water pump you can't get to from the compartment under the refrigerator. Since it's cold right now, I also found that I'm going to put in some insulation....as the cold air just pours into the interior from this space. Be patient, the wait is most definitely worth it!
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:54 PM   #391
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Duke! Maybe I got lucky and got your slot in the order line! I can't believe you postponed your order! I would just keep thinking that every year they would improve. I can hardly wait the next couple of months, how can you wait longer than you already have! Bab...I would love to have you around to do some things for me!! Especially an ice maker! Already been on line looking at linens for our beds (not fond of the stuff that comes on the beds). So excited!!!

Laura & Tom
Old 02-10-2015, 07:07 PM   #392
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Pagey, I don't understand how they do things, but I have been talking to the airstream dealer for months. Red...with your sweet, funny personality, I definitely hope we can meet one day!! Would dearly LOVE to sit down and have a cocktail or two with you! I think the evening would be way too much fun!!

Laura & Tom
Old 02-10-2015, 09:21 PM   #393
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
Quote:
Duke! Maybe I got lucky and got your slot in the order line! I can't believe you postponed your order! I would just keep thinking that every year they would improve. I can hardly wait the next couple of months, how can you wait longer than you already have! Bab...I would love to have you around to do some things for me!! Especially an ice maker! Already been on line looking at linens for our beds (not fond of the stuff that comes on the beds). So excited!!!

Laura & Tom
Hey gal, you can thank me for my slot later! I am a patient man. You have to be to do what I did for 20 years as an occupation. I am used to ordering all my vehicles, RV's, firearms and just about everything else. Seems as if that's the only way to get what I want. A couple of months go by faster than one might think. Just so my wife gets to see the west this year. We were scheduled to go last Sept. and I fell off of a ladder the day before we were leaving. The trailer was already packed and the truck was loaded, I still don't think she has totally forgiven me?
Old 02-11-2015, 05:19 AM   #394
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Nelson428
Congratulations to everyone that has ordered their dream, or dreaming of their order. I can testify it's worth the wait, the agony and all the emotions that go along with the process, will soon be a fleeting memory, once the delivery has been completed.

CONGRATULATIONS and as they say "Let The Good Times Roll"

ENJOY !

J. Nelson
WBCCI # 5314
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Nelson428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:36 AM   #395
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Duke, that's such a sad story about your falling off the ladder. How disappointing you both must have been, but glad you are okay! Nelson...thank you! I hope you and your parents are all thrilled and having a blast!

Laura & Tom
Old 02-11-2015, 06:19 AM   #396
gwg
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Glen Mills , Pennsylvania
We ordered ours in Oct and it gets in line this week. Hope to visit J.C. to see it finished. As luck would have it we are going to the islands this week or we would be there for a few days.
gwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:55 AM   #397
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Nelson428
Remax Gal, yes we are having a blast. We will be on the Mississippi Gulf Coast through the end of Mardi Gras. The units really are nice. Here is a photo of the flag holder, I have the five flag holder but only choose to fly three flags.

GWG, enjoy your tropical escape. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1423666509.966226.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	232172

J. Nelson
WBCCI # 5314
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Nelson428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #398
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
We lucked our way into a canceled slot also. I guess Duke's was in line ahead of the slot we took. I believe we are working with the same dealership, Remax Laura. RVOne - they are now the Airstream dealer for Florida and have locations in Tampa and Orlando.

I just booked Ft. Wilderness for our "after we drive off the lot" shakedown. Orlando is close if we have any problems and we can't imagine a better place to start our life as full-timers. Then we will make our way north for Alumapalooza.

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #399
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
gwg, Yes!! Have a great time in the islands and then how exciting to come back and pick up your new baby! Nelson, have you done anything to the inside to "make it your own"? Linens, accessories, etc,? I always love seeing what people do when they get them! Pagey, yes you are right. Where we are located, we had our choice - all equal distances from us of 4 different airstream dealers. Ft. Myers, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa and Orlando. We ended up in Orlando - purchased the last one in Ft. Myers, but did have some issues. I did not know you were going to be full timing! That is exciting! Sure wish we were in a place that we could do that!

Laura & Tom
Old 02-11-2015, 05:51 PM   #400
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Bab, what do you do with the lamps while you travel? I love them!

Laura & Tom