Old 05-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
We enjoy the twin bed arrangement in our Classic. We have additional hanging storage over the end of each bed plus a roof locker above each bed. Those two storage areas on each side do not exist in the queen bed version.

Those of us with silver in the hair think a twin bed is luxurious compared to the front seat of a VW for after dark activity.

WBCCI Life Member 5123, AIR 70341, 4CU, WD9EMC

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #30

1992 29' Excella
Van By The River , Georgia
Twin beds are the way to go in my mind. As mentioned previously in this thread there are many advantages - improved outside storage/access, reasonably good inside storage, longer (for those tall people), nice aisle that extends the entire length of the trailer and great for a dressing room.

I really like the idea of using the twin bed arrangement as a day area. If the beds could somehow be designed to be akin to a futon - couch during the day, bed at night - that would be a great addition. The idea of long bolster pillows accomplishes something similar but then I have to do something with the pillow at night. Rather, a futon-like arrangement with no "bumps", or stiffening rods or any of that uncomfortable business would be an interesting way to effectively have a day/night arrangement.

As for sleeping with the other person - that's highly overrated! I don't mean anyone should not have whatever kind of fun they want to have in their trailer, but when it comes to sleeping, I want to sleep. I suspect many of us are that way. There's plenty of room in a twin for activities other than sleeping. Then when it's time to sleep you sleep.

Two sets of twins in a bunk bed arrangement would be much better in my mind than the "bunkhouse" Airstream came out with. I'm sure there are folks who like the bunkhouse but when I enter that trailer all I see is beds! Two sets of twins laid out as bunk beds would address that issue.

Danielle and I are in the market for a used Safari SE with twins. Airstream either didn't make this trailer (although I thought I saw it in the available floor plans) or the 27' model we want doesn't come on the market often. So for now we'll stick with our '92, 29' Classic with twins.

Lucius and Danielle
1992 29' Excella Classic
1996 GMC Suburban C2500 7.4L
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:36 AM   #31
Avion Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
I enjoy (sometimes more/better than others ) sleeping with my wife, so we'll keep the queen bed, thank you.
PaulnGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:52 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member
2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
I believe the topic is "What I like about twin beds".

Seems to be degenerating into a discussion/defense of lovelife opinions and "What I like about Queen beds"

Perhaps a new thread should be started so we can remain on-topic.
greghoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:56 AM   #33
Avion Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Good grief..... lighten up, greghoro.
PaulnGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:59 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Any of you sleep in twin beds at home?

ckottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Huntley , Illinois
Another option

We bought the FC just for the twins. Love the ease of the bedroom. Also. You can purchase at the box store an 8x4 prefinished shelf that will just fit on the bed frame under the mattress and drawer will still open. I bring a sewing machine and slide it under there out of the way. Doesn't interfere with access to lockers or floor storage. We have a 2015. Love the vented air
cegardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:29 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Originally Posted by DougHart352 View Post

would you be able to post pictures of your recliners? Thanks, Doug
This thread has a number of front dinette and rear dinette recliner conversions.

ckottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member
2006 25' Safari SS SE
LINCOLN , Nebraska
25' Safari SS - 2005 converted to bunk bed

Can't talk much about twins but we had the small queen in our 25' Safari SS that was impossible; can't get out of bed if you are on the outside without crawling over the inside person; impossible to make the bed; can't hardly get in bathroom because of door only opening 25 degrees; no dressing area. So what did we do?? We converted the queen to bunk beds. Great change!!! Now can get in and out of bed without disturbing other; can open bathroom door 120 degrees; have dressing area. We love it and I wouldn't have it any other way. Why Airstream made the small queen in the corner I will never know!! No one likes it.
MissingLink5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:35 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
What I like about twin beds

Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
You know what would be great for families, twins with bunks over them. I want to see that.

We did that in our 1969 Ambassador. I'll try to find the link, I posted pics on the this site.

If you search for it, it's listed as Building walls and Bunks.
Not all those who wonder are lost.
Silverflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #39
Rivet Master
1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Originally Posted by ckottum View Post
Any of you sleep in twin beds at home?

Yep - sort of - queen beds in separate rooms!
Steve, Christy, Anna and Scout (Border Collie)

1994 30'11" Excella - rear twin
2009 Dodge 2500, 6 Speed Auto, CTD, Quad Cab, Short Bed
Hensley with adjustable stinger

WBCCI # 3072
AIR # 6035
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:00 PM   #40
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
Intelligents is the one thing that separates human beings from the rest of the animal world that operates on basic instinct. Jim
1984 Avion 30p 9.1 meter. 2006 Dodge 3500 cummins srw short bed crew cab.
avionstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:14 PM   #41
2014 22' FB Sport
Bradenton , Florida
In regards to the sleeping arrangements, the Hat method is the solution. Wear your hat to bed and throw it to your partner. She can bring it back or just throw it back.
mrmercury49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:15 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member
2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
We like all of the things as previously stated in the above comments about twins. It definitely is more room for the tall hubs, more room to get dressed, and the "walk around" area on the queen just wasn't big enough to fit him. One of the biggest pluses we found is an actual area for our two labs to sleep. I found some great dog beds on Groupon that fit perfectly on the floor in between the beds. That gives comfy sleeping space for all!

I thought we were the only ones that used the bedroom as our sitting room. At the end of the day we just gravitated to that area and found it quite comfy and lots of room for all of us. And, let's face it, sitting sideways on the dinette to watch TV in the combo living/dining area is not comfortable on your back no matter how many pillows you put behind you.

@jayseejay: Those comforters are really cute! Do you mind if I ask where you found them?

silverlabs is offline   Reply With Quote