Old 08-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Twin Rocks , Oregon
Warranty - What Else Should I Check...

We've had our 2012 Flying Cloud 25 FB for about 18 months now. I am picking it up from the dealer this afternoon, after having the corrosion around the clearance lights repaired. I've also had some other warranty issues, mostly around the shower door, TVs and things like that. As a preventive measure, I had the dealer run a small bead of sealant on top of the trim stripe at the rear bumper.

I guess the question is, what other kinds of warranty issues are people running into? I'd like to get everything taken care of prior to going off warranty.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
If it isn't broken, it isn't a warranty issue. Warranty is for things that break, not for things that might break. You can't get a part replaced under warranty because it has failed for other people, it needs to have failed on your trailer.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Twin Rocks , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
If it isn't broken, it isn't a warranty issue. Warranty is for things that break, not for things that might break. You can't get a part replaced under warranty because it has failed for other people, it needs to have failed on your trailer.
I am somewhat familiar with the definition of a warranty, but thanks for the thought.

What I am looking for are recommendations on where to look for obscure little issues/failures that might not be easily noticed. Things that other owners have found on their trailers. For example, the leakage around the back of the FB trailers is not readily noticeable unless you're aware of the issue.