Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
Warranty repair shops south of Atlanta?

Hi - brand new Airstream owner and first ever post, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong section.

We love our 2016 FC 27FB, picked it up just over a month ago, already put over 2K miles on it. My question:

Since we have a couple of items that need attention (one of the Fantastic Fans and the gas regulater), anyone know of a good Airstream repair person/shop that can do warranty work in the Atlanta area (or maybe down around Macon GA or east of Atlanta) - we're about 30 miles southeast of Atlanta east of I-75. Our dealer is about an hour away on the northside, which means it's not fun to tow trailer past Atlanta, even using back roads.

Thanks for any help/input!
Kittycatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:28 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Warranty repair shops south of Atlanta?

Found this on the Airstream web site, not sure how far from you.

SOUTHLAND RV

1794 Bolton Cir
Norcross, GA30071
United States
770-717-2890
www.southlandrv.com/Airstream-Dealers.html

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
Thanks - that's where we bought our AS. They're fine, but on the north side - was just hoping there was something on my side of Atlanta.

Oh well, guess we could bite the bullet. Or maybe pull the fan out & just carry it up to Southland.

Appreciate your help!
Old 07-01-2016, 10:56 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Understand, I will happily drive 100 miles out of my way to avoid going anywhere near Atlanta towing or not.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 07-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2013 25' International
Corolla , North Carolina
How about. J.D. SANDERS Gainesville,Fl. ?
gwilsonobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:18 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
Foley RV Center in Gulfport MS has a great service facility if you happen to be traveling that direction.

Dennis
dstalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:25 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
That's a thought - my husband's sister lives in Gainesville, we could combine a family visit with the shop stuff......only 5 hours away.

Another option would be to swing by Jackson Center, since we'd like to do the tour anyway, but seems overkill just for a simple fan.

I also found John's RV in Lexington, SC, about maybe 3 to 4 hours east of me just off I-20 - anyone have any experience with them?

Edit: I'll add Gulfport to my notes - sooner or later (probably sooner) we'll be heading west, so good to know!

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-03-2016, 11:33 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Punta Gorda, Florida , Florida
We bought our FC 26u from a dealer in Tampa, but keep it in Newberry, just west of Gainesville We paid the Sanders location a visit to speak with them about warranty work we may need in the future. They didn't seem interested and suggested we take it to Tampa. They said they would only perform work for us if it was a "safety issue" like a propane leak, etc.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
I am a bit shocked at this last post. I have had my old Sovereign at Sanders for all kinds of stuff over the years. Always friendly, quick and reasonably priced.

I can't imagine why they would turn away service work...
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Sanders in Gainesville. Call ahead.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #11
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
You dont simply yank out a Fantastic fan. Its installed rather permanently!
Have you done any troubleshooting!
Check the pin switch for contact, check the fues on the fan.... etc
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:59 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Pony View Post
We bought our FC 26u from a dealer in Tampa, but keep it in Newberry, just west of Gainesville We paid the Sanders location a visit to speak with them about warranty work we may need in the future. They didn't seem interested and suggested we take it to Tampa. They said they would only perform work for us if it was a "safety issue" like a propane leak, etc.
That attitude will soon be a thing of the past with the new "5 Rivit" program Airstream announced at the International is rolling out. Any Airstream dealership that refuses to service any and all airstream products sold by them or not will lose their franchise rights. Some Airstream dealerships are way ahead of the curve by already actively preparing for the program to go into action. Foley Airstream in Gulfport is one of those dealerships as I am sure are several others. Sounds like Sanders is not yet on board.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:06 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
That seems out of character for Sanders. Were you asking about regular warranty work, not emergency? They work by appointment but will get a traveler on the road if it's an emergency. They are a very small shop and do their best to keep up. AS refers warranty work to them from other dealers. they don't ask where you bought the trailer if you call for an appointment afaik.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:13 AM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
Atomic - was just kidding about yanking the fan (note the silly emoticon at the end) - also, if fan even could be taken out, no way to test it - needs to be tested "in situ".

However, suggestions are welcome - back fan closes at the slightest hint of moisture. Front bedroom fan sat open even after it was fully raining - fortunately I got to it before too much water got in. That fan works in every other way, so probably not fuse; hopefully gunked up contact or something. Going to google pin switch - don't know what to look for.