Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Lexington , Oklahoma
Storage of dinette table while traveling

Hi folks! This is my first post to Airforms so please forgive if I'm posting in the wrong forum. My wife and I recently purchased a 27' FB Flying Cloud. We've taken a couple short (wonderful) trips with grand kids but now preparing for a longer solo trip. During our short trips I stored the dinette table in the down position while traveling. However, it is a pain to pull the velcro'ed seat cushions up each time to put the table up or down. It's not that big a deal if we're going to be stationary for several days but while traveling between locations and just wanting to stop for 30 minutes or so for lunch, not so much. I've considered just letting it down on top of the cushions but concerned the jostling of trailer will cause the swing bracket to come loose with destructive results. Do any of you travel with the table resting on top of the cushions without problems? How about any creative ideas on how to secure the table without having to lower it?

-Wes-
Stream'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Before we converted to reclining chairs, we traveled (extensively) with the dinette up in normal position. There is no problem with that, or the full down position for that matter. No reason to fold it down over the cushions.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Lexington , Oklahoma
Thanks Doug. That will certainly make it easier. The table leg seems a little flimsy and I wasn't sure if it would hold up to the bouncing abuse. Good to know its sturdier than it appears.

P.S. Thanks for your service to our nation!

-Wes-
Stream'n is offline   Reply With Quote