Old 09-26-2016, 05:13 PM   #15
2015 25' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Flying Cloud
Blenheim Ontario , Ontario
Originally Posted by happycampr View Post
Ever since we took our 28FB on the first trip I noticed that the floor on one side of the bed squeaks heavily. I talked to the dealer a couple of times (not the one we purchased it from) and basically what they said is that's Airstream and they did not want to do anything about it.

The floor is great everywhere else expect on my side of the bed, and it's been bugging me this whole season. If I get up in the middle of the night or early in the morning I pretty much wake everyone up.

Anyone has suggestions what to do? Call Airstream? I have factory warranty until April and got the extended warranty sold by the dealer. But I have a feeling that if it doesn't get fixed during the factory warranty period I will stay like that and probably get worse.

What's the best way to go about it?

It's a mouse; get a cat!

MelGoddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:02 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
We have had this problem since we purchased new, in kitchen area. It seems to have gotten worse and I can stand in one spot and shift weight from side to side on my feet, and get a "rhythm" going if I want to...sounds more like subfloor issues...and obviously, not unique to just our AS...anyone else have this issue in kitchen?

Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:00 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2015 28' Flying Cloud
Ladson , South Carolina

Ours did same thing on side of rear bed. Our dealer removed molding between wall and floor, caulked between floor and wall, replaced molding, problem solved. It's caused by friction.
Kathy Narowski
SC Coastal Unit
Safari Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:29 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member
2009 28' International
Pacific Palisades , California
Originally Posted by Safari Streamer View Post
Ours did same thing on side of rear bed. Our dealer removed molding between wall and floor, caulked between floor and wall, replaced molding, problem solved. It's caused by friction.
Same thing exactly with our 28' 2009 International Ocean Breeze. Squeaking molding. In our case, a few more screws fixed the problem.
gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2016 27' Flying Cloud
Anytown , USA
Originally Posted by nwdionne View Post
We had the same problem Jackson Crnter fixed it this summer. They said it is caused by the furniture not screwed down properly most likely. That was it! Otherwise they would need to drop tanks or something?
I also told them about us not getting service in a reasonable time frame. The service writer told me they are well aware of this problem and are going to start cracking down on dealers. I would call Jackson Center and tell them about the problem.
If you can make the trip there I highly recommend it. They were great and the factory tour was worth the trip!
I ended up calling the AS service department in Jackson Center and got the repair scheduled. Looks like I'll be doing the factory tour as well
happycampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:50 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member
2016 22' Sport
Grays , Illinois
have the same problem in my 2016 22 fb

Free bird is offline   Reply With Quote