Old 12-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Kensington , Maryland

Do any of you road dawgs have experience with this dealer. Their quote for a new 26U is considerably less than the dealer i've been working with. What's the catch, or maybe none?
I'm inclined to go with "my" dealer since, while more expensive, we get what we pay for.
Thanks in advance. Jim

Jamesbford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
Rivet Puller
2004 28' Safari S/O
Marietta , Georgia
No experience with the dealer. My view - What you get is an Airstream (and warranty) as built at and backed by the factory. Dealer margins vary as well as how rapidly they are able to turn their inventory which drives their choice of sales price. Figure in your retrieval costs (to & from) and whether your local dealer will push your warranty work to the end of the line in favor of their retail product customers as opposed to a desirable service customer, then decide.

SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Orlando , Florida
You might send a PM to forum member Mrjkq. I believe he went that route.
FreshAirStmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Holly Springs , Mississippi
Jim, I'd sure like to be copied on whatever input you get from mrjkq. I almost bought a 25FC from the Tampa store, but my local dealer finally, and unexpectedly, price matched. The Tampa store was good to deal with, returning my deposit without anything but a smile and good temperament.

The one thing that makes me pause is that now two Florida Airforum folks have gone to Colonial to buy, rather than purchase from their local RVDirect stores in Tampa and Orlando. I'm curious why?
Bob662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:49 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member
2016 30' Flying Cloud
Oviedo , Florida
And at least 2 of us have gone to Foley ...

I personally have no confidence in the service departments and was told last year that they would only service units they sold. There have been some other comments here that weren't too encouraging. YMMV

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Keith & Barb
2016 30' Flying Cloud
2016 Ram 2500 diesel
Southeastern Camping Unit, WBCCI #1675
khollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 04:15 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
I have had all kinds of work done at JD Sanders in Alachua and it has all been done flawlessly, on time and on budget. You can schedule an appointment on line and when you get there, they are ready to go...

I haven't bought new from them (or anyone else for that matter -- I am still towing my old Sovereign) so I don't know how good they are on pricing but the service is top notch. They will also drop ship parts for you.

Old (usually dirty) Nissan Titan
Old (enhanced with "male pattern baldness") Sovereign
Young, lovely bride
Goofy dog, dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 04:54 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Well you guys mentioned me so I get to respond, just like the debates last night, lol. RV Direct sold me my 2016 FC 25RTB with full awning package for a few bucks under $64,000. They ate the price increase for the new model year as I contracted with them in April of 2015 for a 2016 model& locked in the price. They installed my new Equalizer Hitch that I bought on line at no charge at there Tampa store where I took delivery. I did it all online. My FC retailed for $82K, yes I'm happy.
BTW, I don't know or care about there service department, all appliances are warrantied by the manufacturer & Jackson Center is 1100 miles away, just a road trip for a retired warrior.
Venice, FL
2016 FC 25RTB
2016 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:49 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member
2016 27' Flying Cloud
Overland Park , Kansas
Foley RV

We just purchased a 2016 FC 27FB from Ron at Foley RV. This is our 3rd Airstream and Foley was by far the best dealer we have ever been to for a purchase or for service. Everybody at Foley will bend over backwards to accommodate a customer. Ron is a super nice guy and a straight shooter. Blake the service manager, and his crew are fabulous. We met the owner and the general manager, (they sell cars next door) and they too are easy to deal with.
So if you are in the market for an Airstream you can't go wrong dealing with Foley
Hiho Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:27 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member
2016 30' Flying Cloud
Port Saint Lucie , Florida
Bought my 2015 27 FC and 2016 30 FC from them

Very pleased with the service and price and got a bit more off.

They are Airstream dealers and fully support the product. At least the Orlando outfit does.

Would buy again.

Brian and Esta
2016 Flying Cloud 30 Rear Bedroom with 2 a/c + window awnings.

2014 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab Duramax 2WD
ttsr4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:26 PM   #10
Full Time Adventurer
2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
RVDirect is TampaRV and they have a second location in Orlando. They're not great, but they are Airstream dealers.
Family of 4 living, working & exploring the USA in our Airstream.
BoldAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:44 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
I've not been back for service (Tampa) & honestly don't have high expectations but maybe I'll be surprised. The price was right & if I ever do it again I'll give them first shot.

Venice, FL
2016 FC 25RTB
2016 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote