Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2009-2015 Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2015, 01:46 PM   #1
Riveting Travels

2013 30' International
Portland , Oregon
Replacing cabinet doors

Hi! We have the opportunity to purchase a FC30 for a pretty good price, but I love the look and feel of the cabinetry in the International series. I feel the translucent glass adds to the feeling of airiness inside the camper. My husband assures me that the cabinet doors can be replaced with something like that of the CCD, but I'd love to get some feedback before making the purchase. TIA!
MichelleNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:19 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
sacramento , California
We are getting ready to order a 30 2015 serenity only because of the cabinets, we also would prefer the fc 30 because of twin beds. We are getting a quote for twins in the serenity guessing about 3k-4k upgrade. Knowing what I know about cabinets, you can take them off, have a cabinet maker router out the opening and use florescent plastic cutting it to size and it will bend easily and attach with glue or moulding. I will be watching this thread.
Flht2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:19 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
austin , Texas
Unless you are willing to live with the FC as is, I vote for starting with what you want. I doubt that even with redoing the doors, you will achieve whatever vibe you are responding to in the other trailer. Isn't the color of the wood, and the flooring also different? And I can't think that redoing the doors will be easy, or necessarily achieve a satisfactory end result. Would it compromise the integrity of the doors to cut a window in them? Where would you get it done? Or do you plan to do it yourselves? I don't think the dealer we use for repairs would do it, for example, and it seems like a lot of the shops that do interior remodel work are fully booked. Maybe you should price out what you really want. Then ask yourself if that look is worth the extra $$$, of if you can enjoy the FC given the saavings. By the way, it seems like people's reactions to the various interiors vary widely. Some really dislike the translucent door panels because it shows what is in the shelves, making it hard to maintain that sleek look when packed to travel. Others wouldn't trade it for the world.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Ntex is offline   Reply With Quote