2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks for the clarification.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:04 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Point Pleasant , New Jersey
This little drain drove me nuts

First, with it open and spilling water with every flush it took a lot of water to operate your toliet properly.

Second, I was told it was open as part of the winterizing of the unit that Colonial told me that it does little to nothing in winterizing your unit and not to bother going forward. So I got that going for me.

And someone asked who it was who Helped me at colonial. And I don't know his name unfortunately. My sales person was Lauren (she was great). 2 service reps had no idea. It was the guy who does the new owner orientation. He is very thorough but didn't cover this little valve in the orientation. But when we asked him he knew exactly where to go. Apparently it's inky with the 30foot clouds I was told.

Old 09-04-2016, 04:06 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoreau2104 View Post
First, with it open and spilling water with every flush it took a lot of water to operate your toliet properly.
. . .
Apparently it's inky with the 30foot clouds I was told.
Thanks. Can you give us an idea where this valve is located, relative to the foot pedal flush, and the water discharge inside the toilet? Is there a pipe between these two locations, which has its own unique low point particular to your model?

If you blow out your lines with an air compressor, you should be fine for winterization IMO, as long as you press on the foot pedal flush, and wait until just air comes out inside the toilet bowl. There are plenty of winterization threads to read, when we get to that time of year. Plenty!

Happy Trails, and thanks again for the update.

Peter
Old 09-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #32
1 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
No pedal to flush on my unit. I believe >25ft FC have a macerator toliet. 1 Side of button fills and the other half flushes. Another button allows for a dry flush before you start your departure for a dry toliet.

As I said before the valve is behind the vent located under the kitchen drawers.

You would think the valve would be near the toilet but it is not. The toliet has a valve but that is a water turn off/on for bowl itself I believe.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:07 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks, the plot thickens!
Old 09-06-2016, 08:14 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Savannah , Texas
Quote:
Called Colonial, dealer where I purchased new, and they tried to walk me though of how to find this white valve. I was unsuccessful after three calls, 1 service call when they never addressed that issue but completed the other repairs and finally I brought the trailer in and the gentleman that did my walk through originally was able to locate for me. Which is quite easy when you know where it is and the toliet bowl works 10x better once you close it.

It's located by popping off the ducted vent under the kitchen drawers. I was told back to the left but it is indeed to the right and located directly under the duct that you will need to push aside. You will need a flashlight as it is difficult to see and maneuver.

You shouldn't need to remove any drawers. But to give yourself some more space and more light you may want to work the bottom drawer free. Getting the drawers off easy. Back on is a little tricky. Good luck.

Ok thorough, so I think I found what you refer to, see pics but it looks like it is open. Should it be shut? That is what I am going to do. Did you shut yours all the way or just partially?

Thanks for the help. And would I assume that when I winterize I will want to reopen?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1473167518.565921.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	270962Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1473167539.805590.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	270963Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1473167557.009315.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	270964
Old 09-06-2016, 08:33 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Savannah , Texas
Ok so once again air forum saves the day, thank you all. So, final results were just as Thorough explained.

My toilet doesn't require me to stand there for 3 minutes filling the toilet up now. And I imagine my fresh water tank will last a bit longer when boondocking. Plush the extra bit of power seems to clean up the toilet a little better during the flush.

What I have learned...

It appears one of the consistencies between mine and Thorough's situation is this macerator toilet with the push button toilet fills and flushes. So, if you have water leaking out a white conduit and you have a macerator toilet on an airstream flying cloud 30fb you may need this solution.

2nd, if you have a hunch something is wrong, you are likely right even if the dealer says otherwise.

3rd this forum is great for all sorts of crazy issues! Thanks again.

I made a video of the solution and will be posting on our YouTube site later once I get it edited. Feel free to follow out adventures at

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...f3_pGiSKRTyxHi

Thanks again for the help.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:34 AM   #36
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Savannah , Texas
Whoops, just checked and I spelled thoreau2104 name wrong in all the posts.

Forgive me!
Old 09-06-2016, 01:14 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks for the photos and additional details. I thought it might be pretty simple once you found it.

The question seems to remain, however, what is the function of this plumbing line, and why did it discharge only when the toilet was flushed? Seems like it may indeed be some kind of overflow or pressure relief line for the macerator toilet's flush system? [See A. W. Warn's educated guesses in Post #24]

thoreau2104, if you feel like it maybe you could call Colonial back and talk with the person who helped you locate the valve? Maybe he can clarify the function of this plumbing line under the flexible heating duct.

Also, in terms of winterizing the trailer, if this is some kind of discharge line downstream of the macerator toilet, and a true low point, it does seem important to open the valve before freezing weather IMO.

Thanks,

Peter

PS -- A second question is -- where is the actual drop where the water line penetrates down through the floor, to discharge the water? Is it to the left or right of the shut-off valve pictured in the top photo in Post #34?

Quote:
. . .
It was the guy who does the new owner orientation. He is very thorough but didn't cover this little valve in the orientation. But when we asked him he knew exactly where to go. Apparently it's inky with the 30foot clouds I was told.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:28 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaminfree View Post
Whoops, just checked and I spelled thoreau2104 name wrong in all the posts.

Forgive me!
FYi within a brief time window after you post, you can Edit posts.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:19 AM   #39
1 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
I was told by Colonial service dept that this particular valve is not part of the winterization process. Because when it is opened it does not just drain like a water heater or freshwater tank valve.

Why the valve exists they told me "we don't know." Maybe a technician at service does know but the service department does not. So it's closed and I am never touching it again. ��
Old 09-13-2016, 11:49 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
I was told by Colonial service dept that this particular valve is not part of the winterization process. Because when it is opened it does not just drain like a water heater or freshwater tank valve.

Why the valve exists they told me "we don't know." Maybe a technician at service does know but the service department does not. So it's closed and I am never touching it again. ��
Thanks for the update. Personally I would ask them to put this in writing. I would also consider emailing Patrick Botticelli, one of the main salespeople, for confirmation that you can skip this valve when you winterize. [edit -- also the user "Colonial Airstream" here.]

This does not make sense to me.

Is there a separate instruction manual for the macerator toilet which sheds any light on this?

Good luck!

Peter
Old 09-13-2016, 12:44 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
If you think it is part if the winterization process even if told otherwise, then just open to be sure.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:46 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Wondering if you have clarified with Colonial whether this valve should be opened for a proper winterization? It wouldalso be interesting to know exactly what its function is, relative to the macerator toilet, and why it spurts water when it does.

With frost approaching us here in the NE, winterization is creeping over the horizon.

Thanks,

Peter

Quote: