Old 09-19-2015, 02:43 PM   #29
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
Big Mac 44, your prayers are being answered, Airstream cannot keep up with demand for their old-fashioned trailers.

Personally I can barely take a camping neighbor's outdoor entertainment, I think it's rude; Airstream should be commended for not offering it. Like other things, they can't please every wish, many of us have made changes or added equipment to suit us.
X2! I hate being assaulted by my neighbors lack of manners! I really don't want to listen to their NASCAR races and twang in my campsite! Keep it inside thank you!

Old 09-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Atomic, well said. I think you speak for a lot of your fellow campers with that statement.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:02 PM   #31
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
I think most RVs are just plain out of control.... I think most of these disposable things are way nicer than most live in at home. I recently saw a pop up camper with in and out kitchens, and an outdoor 50 something inch tv. Seriously, it's a pop up camper!
Old 09-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Bottom line:
All of those features are there to sell campers.
Airstream apparently doesn't need those things to sell campers.
Outdoor kitchens are nice-
I have an outdoor kitchen- a table, a hot plate, and a grill-
I have an outdoor entertainment center- an iPad and an iPhone.
If I want to hear music, I leave the door open-

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:07 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
Personally I can barely take a camping neighbor's outdoor entertainment, I think it's rude; Airstream should be commended for not offering it.
I agree 100 percent! Nascar, Fox, football, and country music blaring from neighboring sites is one of the things I dread (and will drive us to boondocking) once we hit the road.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:22 PM   #34
Winemaker

2012 28' Flying Cloud
Avila Beach , California
So...if I understand these comments correctly, the factory Sony radio has a separate amp not built into the radio itself? I have used Bluetooth speakers outside for sometime but find it a complete pain. They seem to always need charging and remembering to do so with all the other devices we have to charge just makes the charging more of a challenge. Getting into the output of the amp with exterior jacks seems to be a more fundamental solution...no charging and not having to switch Bluetooth devices on phone, ipad, etc. I have a 28 ft 2012 FC, now the question, where to put the jack? I am thinking at the edge of the belly pan on the left side of the steps. Some sealing will be necessary but would avoid having to penetrate the shell. Any thoughts?
Old 09-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
No, the Sony does not have an external amp, except the subwoofer.
It has a built-in 4 channel amp that powers the front and rear speakers and a sub output to a powered/amplified subwoofer.
The Sony Bluetooth interface is really easy to pair and use with either the stereo face controls or the remote.

TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 09-20-2015, 07:17 AM   #36
BigMac

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Reynoldsburg , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
No, the Sony does not have an external amp, except the subwoofer.
It has a built-in 4 channel amp that powers the front and rear speakers and a sub output to a powered/amplified subwoofer.
The Sony Bluetooth interface is really easy to pair and use with either the stereo face controls or the remote.

Thanks m.hony. Is there a special speaker you need to purchase, I tried hitting the pairing on the stereo, then I hit the pairing button on the speaker and they are not connecting.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:22 AM   #37
BigMac

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Reynoldsburg , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWDCW View Post
For "outside of the trailer sound," we use a wireless Bose speaker that is connected via bluetooth to our sound source which is usually a smart phone or laptop which we use as a music server. We rarely listen to over-the-air radio since in most places where we camp, it seems to be mostly cowboy music or religious programming which is of no interest to us.
Ditto that...

Tough to find easy listening the further south you go
JCW[/QUOTE]

We do that as well, but during football season I would like to be able to listen to the ball games, so that is what I am trying to accomplish, but thanks for the interest. I guess I am not as nice as most of you, if my neighbor has their entertainment loud enough for me to hear, I politely go over and ask them if they can please turn it down a bit, they usually do without any issues. Most campers are just trying to have fun after a long work week.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:24 AM   #38
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
The Sony Bluetooth function lets you play music from a source (like an iPhone) through the AS speakers via Bluetooth. I'm unaware of any feature of the Sony unit that would let you play music from the Sony to a separate Bluetooth speaker. The Sony receives Bluetooth signals, but does not broadcast them, as far as I know. Joe
Old 09-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mac 44 View Post
Thanks m.hony. Is there a special speaker you need to purchase, I tried hitting the pairing on the stereo, then I hit the pairing button on the speaker and they are not connecting.
What Jayseejay said-
The Sony receives Bluetooth signal from a smart phone or tablet, but does not transmit a Bluetooth signal to another device.
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 09-22-2015, 01:03 AM   #40
worried...happy...wo...ha

2015 25' FB International
Menlo Park , California
We use Fugoo speakers. Not a lot of base but decent Bluetooth speakers and they are water proof...

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 09-22-2015, 06:47 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy Bank View Post
Back to the topic.

It sounds primitive, but a standard issue red solo cup makes a fairly decent speaker. If you have never tried it, lay the cup on its side on the table or counter, put your phone in it with the phone speaker facing the bottom. That's it.

Nothing expensive or needing extra power. And no it doesn't get really loud. But it gets loud enough to hear sitting in your chair with your drink, and no danger of being "that person" bothering everyone else around you.

So what you are telling me is that I can have outdoor stereo with two smartphones and two red Solo® cups? 😜

Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Snoqualmie , Washington
What we do is use an IPAD (or my cell phone) as the source of all our music. For inside the AS, we use a Belkin Hands free that connects to the Sony radio aux port, and receives power from the cigarette lighter in the top cupboard (by the stereo). It also comes with a USB port so you can also use it to power up any USB devices. The Belkin connects via Bluetooth to the cell phone / tablet. Low cost and quite handy. I leave it always plugged in. Link to it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Hands-F.../dp/B004CLYJ2I

For outside (or anywhere we want), we use a JBL charge portable indoor/outdoor Bluetooth speaker. Several versions at different prices, but the ~$60 works surprisingly good ( I thought better than the much more expensive Bose). Can buy at most stores, a link is:

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Flip-Bluet...etooth+speaker